TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 19, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 19, 2014 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I imagine a lot of ppl would too, if it was 4 against one. The girl wasn't the best conservative representative but how could she be with those odds, under the circumstances I think she did the best she could. I don't know anything about Sunny Hostin I guess I'll go google her.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ok I see that she is a liberal commentator. So yes, they may hire her, but who will be the lone conservative voice? And why always only one conservative?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
There will be one because life is hard and then you die.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think Barbara was always the most liberal, and here were frequent conservative guests. Of course it is a NY based show and that re[resents more of what you will find on the street. Goodness knows I do have problems with Whoop i sometimes, but at least she does know the earth is round unlike someone leaving the show. And she does not campaign against vaccinations like another leaving.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just read that Nicolle Wallace and Rosie Perez are the new co-hosts.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Rosie will be funny, I need to goggle Nicolle , the name does not ring a bell.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Gawd, it's going to be confusing with two Rosie's. ;)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Nicolle Wallace has said straight out on Morning Joe that she is not the new co-host. She lied. Now that I think about it, I'm not shocked she lied.

And on Rosie's blog, she said she will be "Ro" and Rosie P will be "Rosie".

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well exactly as I thought. The "Republican" representative, Nicole Wallace,bashed Republicans, so I know why Rosie chose her.Good thing she got a job with The View because she will never work for The Republican Party again. They had a chance to make the show interesting and thought provoking by hiring someone who wouldnt tow the Progressive line, but I guess the low information voters might actually learn something new had they hired SE Cupp or Laura Ingrahm. Whoopie is too good for this show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the first day out. They still need to kind of relax together but that will come with time. They were all very respectful of each other and no one was yelling to be heard - what a nice change!

I do understand your concern, Lakecat, about Nicole Wallace. Time will tell.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Rosie O was sort of subdued. I do enjoy Rosie when not talking about politics so I'll probably check in from time to time. She looked very pretty too. I thought it was ironic that they spent the first half of the show discussing violence against women and then Perez suggested "popping" Sarah Palin.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed yesterday's show also. It was a little slow. ITA that they are getting used to each other. I'm sure they will settle in soon enough. It was a pleasure to actually be able to hear each of them speak without them talking over them - at least for now :-)

Jushvnfn

07-29-2006

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jushvnfn a private message Print Post    
I can't understand why there's no time to actually discuss a topic. They do it very well on the Talk. I love Rosie. I always have. I love Whoopie too. She has never been good as the moderator. She loses her train of thought to easily. I honestly don't think Rosie wanted to be, but she is better at it. I think from the comment she made about never mind the booth, Bill if finally back were he belongs. Rosie Perez is a pistol. I think she's going to be fun.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
Jushvnfn, I heard Rosie say that today also. ITA with everything you said. Rosie P is a hoot! I love when she starts to let her accent slip out. She's trying so hard to make sure we can understand her. Lol

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Bill Geddie is no longer the producer of the show. It's now produced by the former producer of the Rachel Maddow Show.

Jushvnfn

07-29-2006

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jushvnfn a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize that Tishala. He bugged me. Always putting himself in the show. I forget how many Emmys did Rosie won on her own show. She didn't need him in her ear. It was Rosie that started the giveaways to the audience on her show and then on the View. She saved that show. Even after she left, she was still the reason ppl tuned in. They need to loosen up or it won't last long. IMO

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Seems even the NYTs likes Elizabeth better than Nicole.i don't think the show needs a sycophant for Rosie but I guess that's why she hired her. I get the feeling Rosie doesn't want anyone that's too outspoken in their conservative views. She doesn't want to be " one upped". It's called " The View" for a reason, not The View(s).You got to hand it to Nicole, I can't imagine why anyone would want to be the punching bag of the three other hosts. I guess she gets paid well. I guess I can just tune in towards the end of the show where Risie plays games with the audience. I like that addition.

Jushvnfn

07-29-2006

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jushvnfn a private message Print Post    
The last thing the world needs is another show with political views. These producers are always trying to catch lighting in a bottle, 1 more time. Nicole seems like she can hold her, but I don't want to watch 3 against one. In any situation. I think that's why The Talk grew on me. The thing that drew me to Rosie years ago, was she was a fan of celebrities just like me. She asked questions that I would ask.:-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I loved The Rosie Show, it's kind of hard to have that format with so many co hosts. Yes, that's why I stopped watching The View, I felt EH was always being ganged up on, it makes for more enjoyable viewing when it's more even sided with the " views". I've watched bits of "The Real" a couple of times. It seems they are trying too hard,but at least there is no talking over each other. I guess both of these shows will have some growing pains before settling in.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If the audience skews left (and women do), it makes more sense to have the hosts skew left. It's all about the dollar.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
agree

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Women skew left? Did not know that.

Jushvnfn

07-29-2006

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jushvnfn a private message Print Post    
I thought you spelled the word wrong and then I was trying to figure out how it made sense...

I never heard of "The Real." I'll have to look for it.

Missy890

05-24-2011

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else find it disturbing that when they were talking about Rob Ford (Toronto mayor) stepping down that Nicole said she had a dream that he died. Whoopi tried to stop her a few times from telling the story about her dream. Considering what Rob Ford is going through right now (cancer in his stomach) I cringed. Canadians any thoughts?