TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 03, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: How to Get Away with Murder - Thursdays on ABC: Archive through October 03, 2014 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Starting a thread.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
How to Get Away with Murder... maybe it's just me... but the title COMPLETELY turns me off!!!

Based off the title I assume the show is about getting people who have committed murder off... in other words the bad guy gets away with it. Not worth my time at all.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I DVR'ed looking forward to watching this over the weekend, also a big fan of Viola Davis.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The writers did a decent job explaining the title in the opening segment. On surface it's about learning to be a lawyer. :-) but there is a underlying story that i think also pertains to the title. :-)

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
It was an EXCELLENT show!!! Lots of twists and turns, same team that does Scandal so it also has that same fast paced, don't blink or you'll miss something feeling. Viola Davis is the bomb in this. I can't wait to see how the stories started last night pan out.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Watching a show like this is fine for relaxation; watching reality tv like the Real Housewives of whatever city series makes you lose perfectly good brain cells.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Another must see for me in How To Get Away With Murder

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
How to Get Away With Murder = GREAT! The twists just keep coming!

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
How to Get Away With Murder: Typical Shonda Rhimes fashion, speed talking (which I hate) and super fast paced complicated story telling. Not sure I like Annalise Keating right now, but maybe that will change in time. Love Wes, but what is with him living in an apartment that seems like it was some sort of torture chamber? So many twist and turns in the very first episode, it will be just as hard to follow as Scandal. I love Scandal, just not sure I'm up for another show like that. I'll keep watching for a while and see where it takes us.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
For HTGAWM Usually never complain but this was probably the first time dark scenery made it difficult to keep up with the secondary storyline. LOVE Wes, and other characters can grow quickly on me. Huge viola Davis fan so will keep watching. My only concern is if the underlying storyline is what I think, would it keep the series a short one. I don't want our stars to go to jail. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I moved some posts over from the premieres thread. :-)

I haven't watched this one yet but it sounds good!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I missed this one! I am so bummed

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
It might be repeated this weekend - check the schedule
ETA: scratch that - it's not being repeated but it's online

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Thanks Legal!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I was not that impressed with this show. I mean, it was good, but I don't think I would go out of my way to watch it. You can tell Shonda Rhimes wrote this because it reminded me so much of Scandal -- the fast pace, fast talking, switching scenes, etc. I absolutely LOVE Scandal -- and I probably watch way too much t.v. anyway so will may shelf this new one for awhile.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think the producers wanted to create a parody of the whole legal system. Teaching law students how one gets away with murder and making it so convincing as long as there is 'doubt', what's funny is that they would become the murderers and all they have to do is prove there is doubt and voila' even they will get away with murder.

This is simply a mockery which could result in a speedy cancellation. The title alone is a turn off for many viewers, me included. You notice the lack of good detective work by police and once the body turns up, in this case the missing girl, they skip entirely what that could entail for the case, and they jump to the students trying to get rid of another body to destroy dna evidence... coundn't this get more silly???

I'm surprised Viola Davis ended up on a lousy tv show, aren't there any more good movie roles for her? What a waste of talent.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I liked the first show, interested to see how this proceeds.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
YAH Spunky!!! I thought I was all alone on this.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
oops

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved it!

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Wow! I don't know what to think about this show. I know a defense attorney has to spin things to make a guilty client appear innocent (at least to cast a "shadow of doubt), but to blackmail witnesses and such leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

Totally confused now about the story line. I guess I figured the students were covering up the murder of Annalise's husband because they were protecting Annalise. But.........it appears they are protecting Wes's friend Rebecca? I can see why Wes might like to help her out, but why would all the others? They don't even know her.

So many question, so few answers.

Richardgirl

08-23-2013

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Richardgirl a private message Print Post    
Didn't like it at all! Terrible waste of Viola's talent! What was she thinking? It's so contrived and most people are sick of defense lawyer's tactics in real life. They certainly don't want to watch it for entertainment!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry for Viola as well, she really should be doing something better than this.

This second episode is getting wackier than the first one. The guy openly admits and demonstrates how he killed his first wife but since this trial is for the killing of his second wife it is proved he's innocent comparing the second killing to the first one which could not be done by the same killer. No questions as to what he was doing out of jail, or if he already paid a sentence for the first killing. Out of the blue the law student believes the daughter did it and voila', case solved.
As for the defense lawyer's husband's body weeks later and the crazy activities by the law students trying to erase evidence could be the parody of just how you can get away with murder.
Hello forensic?? Ever heard of them? or just cops, detectives, ever heard of them?

I may just watch the next episode to decide to forget about this show.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Spunky, the wife killer had already been found not guilty of the killing of his first wife in Paris, so he couldn't be tried again for that one.....double jeopardy. How convenient, right?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Are they making a parody out of law school, lawyers, police, the judicial system or all of the above?

I just kept thinking two things last night ~ one is that the episode felt like a repeat of the first episode and two, that they are protecting too many creepy people: creepy dad/wife slayer, creepy daughter/step mom slayer, creepy neighbor/BF-GF slayer (potentially). I found myself really disliking all of the characters last night. That's not good.