TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 29, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fashion Police: Archive through August 29, 2014 users admin

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I just happened to be checking out what was on tonight and came across this show, which I have seen, and I do like to check out the fashions, but I can not stand Joan Rivers. I have not seen this in a while and she has hit an all time low. Someone had on a dress (which I didn't care for) that was black and blue, and Joan said she hasn't seen that much black and blue since they took someone out of a tub during the Grammy's. To me that is disgusting and very offensive. I can't believe that the Food Network and QVC fired Paula Deen for something she said many years ago and said that she was very sorry for saying it and this vile woman Joan Rivers is kept on the air. Their is nothing funny about her.

Sorry, but I just had to vent. I changed the channel right after that.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I used to occasionally watch it. I liked seeing the fashions, as I don't usually keep up with the celebrities. But, I just could not stand Joan any longer.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I only watch when they are doing a 'red carpet' segment. JR...'vile' is the perfect word for her. The things she talks about in mixed company I would even have a hard time bringing it up with my gynecologist. When I think she's gone as low as she can go, she dig a hole and gets worse.

Baylierose

05-07-2011

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Baylierose a private message Print Post    
I think George wears the worst looking outfits and has no right to comment on what anyone else is wearing!

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
George? What about Kelly Osbourne? She's a hot mess. She looks like a cartoon most of the time.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Kelly is such a pretty girl. I think when shes older and her beauty has faded she will regret that all the pictures of her are her having purple hair.Shes 28,shes too old to have purple hair.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Gotta disagree with everyone... Fashion Police is my guilty pleasure... must watch TV. I don't miss an episode... I get up early every Saturday morning, get a cup of coffee, curl up on the sofa, and watch it before my son gets up because A) he doesn't need to hear what they say (some language is pretty "blue" and B) he thinks Joan is mean...

ME???? I love Joan's wit... sure she pushes the envelope... but she always has. She is about the only person I know who can get away saying some of the things she does... and I really appreciate that she doesn't try to "PC" her language. I hope that when I'm her age I am half as sharp as she is. The cast is great... they seem to have a lot of fun and I don't think they take themselves too seriously.

One of the funniest things she's said this year (that I can actually post to this site) was during the Sweet Sixteen Stylish Athletes episode... David Beckham was #1 and Joan said "When I look at David Beckham I feel like he could make my period come back."

This show is silly and harmless, but I do get that Joan et al. is not for everyone.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
ITA with Cass. And Joan even shocks ME sometimes, but I think she's hilarious. Humor is subjective, though, so it's fine that people don't appreciate her humor. I mean, some people like Darryl the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy, I've heard, so I guess there is a comedian for even those kinds of tastes.

The only one I can't take on that show is Ms Rancic.

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Juliana's style (and haircut) took a sharp 180 a couple of months ago, and I don't like her new look. The mini dresses are too young for her. Am I imagining it or has she become a tad too giddy (and annoying) since the baby came?

I have to say, I think Joan is funny and yeah, she's over the top sometimes, but she always looks great for a woman her age. She's a fashion maven and has the best fashion sense out of all of them. George's taste is weird. Someone should buy that boy a pair of socks.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I guess this is where the old saying comes in handy: We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I love Joan,I just don't like purple hair.
She said a line this week,that someone was cheesier than Courtney Loves yeast infection. I believe that's That's the most shocking thing Ive heard out of Joan but theres been many. If I knew how to tweet,shed be the first person Id tweet.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I used to love this show, but stopped watching several months ago when Joan made a holocaust "joke." Really? 6 1/2 million people died and you're going to make jokes about it? She's vile and tasteless. Can't stand her. Love Giuliana, though. Just can't stomach Joan.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Can't she just talk about fashion without making fun of dead or overweight people. She even made a comment about Chaz Bono, I can't call it a joke, because I don't think she or her comments are funny. To make a living commenting on peoples heartaches, divorce's etc gets old. I still think what comes out of her mouth is much more offensive than what Paula Deen said many, many, years ago and said she was sorry for.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Joan is first and foremost a comedienne... She makes jokes... that is what she does... And the type of jokes she makes is her style of comedy... AGAIN it's not for everyone. I agree that if anyone is offended by her they should avoid her.

The show NEEDS her humor... the other hosts are not funny... and without Joan the show would be dry and boring... and pretentious. The humor keeps the show light, silly, and truly enjoyable.

I like that Joan is NOT afraid to joke about taboo subjects... They are jokes... she is not being insensitive. She is fully aware about the horrors of the holocaust. Her husband, Melissa's father, lost his entire family in the holocaust.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I like Joan's humor. And I think I am right when I say that Joan Rivers was the only American invited to Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding. Joan and Camilla worked together on the Osteoporous Charity.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I like Joan's humor. And I think I am right when I say that Joan Rivers was the only American invited to Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding. Joan and Camilla worked together on the Osteoporous Charity.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Osteoporosis
And sorry for the double post. New computer, can,t find leys.

Amchess

08-26-2002

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amchess a private message Print Post    
I like Joan too. She does go overboard but I know she's gonna do it - just don't know when! It's Margaret Cho who has lost me....

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't like Joan but I am slightly addicted to Fashion Police. I think she is an extremely vulgar woman. But she has always been that way (although I think the older she is the worse she gets). Watching the reactions of her cohosts to her comments is pretty funny - and watching Fergie put a pie in her face was priceless.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
How can it be possible, I just saw her on Tuesday after the Emmy show and now she's dying? I'm sorry to hear so and I hope she'll get better soon but at her age that kind of surgery is critical.

She made me laugh and always liked for her spunk and fearless criticism.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I thought she sounded a bit hoarse on the Emmy show and was wondering about it. Now we know.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I love Joan, she is hilarious!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I too love Joan and hope for a quick recovery. FP won't be the same without her!!!

I read today that she's in a doctor's induced coma... but that she's stable. Hard to say how long she was in cardiac arrest or respiratory arrest (they haven't said for sure exactly what happened).

Anyway... Melissa and her son are in my thoughts and prayers that Joan is able to come out of this and continue to make people GASP and LAUGH!!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Love Joan too, if anybody can pull through something like this, it would be her.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I know someone who was put in a medically induced coma many years ago. He was kept that way for a long while. It took a lot of time in recovery, but he is right as rain all these years later. The only sign of that ordeal is an extra belly button (feeding tube). She is older, but will have the best care and could pull through.