TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Knick

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Knick users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Surgery and surgeons and hospitals in 1900. Blood and guts and gore! And Clive Owen. Anyone watch last night? It's on Cinemax. Scheduled for ten episodes. I just watched on-line. I'll watch next week.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought it was really interesting, but I have to turn my head when they start cutting.

Even though it's a Cinemax show, I noticed the premiere is also being shown on HBO tonight.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I watched the 1st episode and did find it interesting. I didn't realize this was a free showing and unfortunately I don't have Cinemax so won't see anymore. I do like the lead dr. Clive Owen (I think)lol

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
You can watch it on-line. That's how I saw first episode. I don't have cable. Forgot about this past Friday's. Have to go look for it.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
I find it interesting that at this time in medical history they (1) have chloroform available to perform general surgeries, (2) will at least attempt to repair an aortic aneurysm (which really requires a heart-lung machine), and (3) know enough about antiseptic procedures to dip their hands in some kind of cleansing solution before operating, but they still don't use surgical gloves -- they operate with their bare hands!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
It thought it was interesting that in the 1st episode I saw the surgeon dip his beard in what I assume was an antiseptic.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to see how Abigail's new nose looks. That has to the most bizarre procedure I have ever seen.

This show is fantastic. I had to laugh when Barrow was passing off pig leg ashes as cremated remains....LOL

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Shoot!! I discovered this one just by reading a critic in the Italian online newspaper and comparing Thackery (Clive Owen) to Dr. House of 1900. It sounds really grim in a New York where death rate was still quite high and no antibiotic (discovered only in 1928) and doctors not always revealed their methods or cures... and he's an addict to cocaine... wow! This sounds interesting and it plays here on the HBO channel on Friday. I will give it a try and see if I can stomach the gory scenes... (I just like the actor).

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Heads up, the show is back this Friday, tomorrow, October 16.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight I was hanging on to every hope that a high fever would cure syphilis. It looked so painful but I think it may have worked.

I was excited and happy that the Nun was set free. Too many important people apparently had their girlfriends have an abortion.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't even realize the woman who plays the gorgeous nurse, that is in love with Thackery, is Bono's daughter! (Eve Hewson )

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody else get the feeling that Cleary and Harriet the ex nun will end up getting married? I just love watching the evolution of their relationship. As well as the evolution of Cleary. He is becoming a good person.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 2:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, it sort of happened tonight.

Cleary tried to kiss Harriet at the fair and she shot him down, big time. LOL

I bet she has a change of heart soon.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just picked up season one of this show from the library. I'm anxious to watch. I hope I can stomach the blood and gore.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: