TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through July 21, 2014 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
This is Season 2 of Motive. They are new episodes. It's a Canadian show and aired earlier in the year in Canada. They show the episodes in the U.S. in the summer. There are 13 episodes this season. Don't know if they will all be shown (if there is enough time.)

ETA: I see someone made a thread for Motive.

I like it and watch it online.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I usually like FX series right off the bat but I found the first episode of Tyrant a little too disturbing for me. It wasn't just the treatment of people in this fictitious country (although that was a big factor - especially how the women were treated) but it was also the fact that his wife seemed to be so ignorant as to how this country has been run. Seriously?!

The son is going to get himself killed with his spoiled behavior. The daughter will probably end up kidnapped and raped for not agreeing with her uncle on some minor point. And I'm betting mom will blame dad for everything at that point.

Oh, and of course, the SIL will hit on the dad because we will find out they have a 'past'. His nephew will probably turn out to be his son. What else can we predict?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's that time again... new shows starting in July:

Extant on CBS, Wed Jul 09 at 9pm (mystery thriller about a female astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. Her experiences lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history, stars Halle Berry)

Welcome to Sweden on NBC, Thu Jul 10 at 9pm (comedy, Bruce and Emma are the perfect couple and when Emma decides to move back to her native Sweden to accept a prestigious job, Bruce gives up his job as a celebrity accountant to join her and begin a new life together)

Working the Engels on NBC, Thu Jul 10 at 9.30pm (After the accidental suicide attempt of their mother, Ceil, the youngest member of the Engel family, Jenna leaves her job at a big corporate law firm to take over her late father's law practice with help from her sweet ex-con brother, narcissistic mother, and self-help obsessed sister)

Almighty Johnsons on Syfy, Fri Jul 11 at 10pm (hit New Zealand dramedy, follows the Johnson boys, four typical fun-loving guys who have inherited the power of Norse Gods)

The Strain on FX, Sun Jul 13 at 10pm (When a plane lands in New York City with everyone on board dead, Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, head of the CDC's Canary Project, and his team are called upon to investigate)

Backpackers on CW, Mon Jul 14 at 8.30pm (as best friends Ryan and Brandon race across Europe in search of Ryan's missing bride-to-be, they find themselves struggling with the eternal twenty-something question of what to do with their lives)

Seed on CW, Mon Jul 14 at 9.30pm (Harry (Adam Korson) becomes an overnight father figure to 9-year-old Billy and teenage Anastasia, who both seem to be the product of Harry's past forays into sperm donation}

Rush on USA, Thu Jul 17 at 9pm (examines the world of renegade physician Dr. William Rush, a "medical fixer" who privately caters to LA's elite and whose service comes with a hefty price tag)

Married on FX, Thu Jul 17 at 10pm (comedy about being miserably in love)

Satisfaction on USA, Thu Jul 17 at 10pm (drama that explores modern marriage at its midpoint)

You're the Worst on FX, Thu Jul 17 at 10.30pm (comedic love story about what happens when two toxic, self-destructive people fall in love despite themselves and attempt the impossible - a relationship)

Manhattan on WGN, Sun Jul 27 at 10pm (director Thomas Schlamme, "Manhattan" enters the world of deception, danger and sacrifices that characterized one of the best-kept secrets of all time: the mission to build the world's first atomic bomb)

And some returning shows:
Witches of East End on Lifetime, Sun Jul 06 at 9pm
Ray Donovan on Showtime, Sun Jul 13 at 9pm
Masters of Sex on Showtime, Sun Jul 13 at 10pm

Also
Hemlock Grove on Netflix, second season available Fri Jul 11

More info: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/2014/07/premieres/

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Tyrant on FX. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for that plane to take off. Although, by the end of the show I felt like putting masking tape on the wife's mouth. She was so relentless in her nagging and didn't stop to think for even one minute.

But I am thinking of dropping "Power" on STARZ after 3 eps. It's just not holding my attention.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Naja I liked Tyrant too!!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Girl meets world premiered tonight on the Disney channel! Any fans of Boy Meets world from 21 years ago will want to see it!

Cant wait to see more of the old cast!!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm watching The Last Ship on TNT. It reminds me of watching a movie on the SyFy channel when it's not good but you can't stop watching.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 5:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Anyone see the premiere of Reckless last night? Not sure if i like it or not - but i will say they casted the right actor for the City Attorney - he definitely has the southern charm smile...

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Gave up after 10 minutes on The Last Ship. DH lasted another 10 minutes.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I quite like The Last Ship. It helps that there's not so much on during the summer and that it has stars I'm familiar with (love Adam Baldwin) but it held my attention.

I haven't watched my recording of The Leftovers yet but it hasn't got very good reviews. I might wait and see if it gets cancelled...

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just discovered a funny show on Comedy Central. It just started its second season this week.

It's called "Drunk History".

Here's the basic premise. While a celebrity gets drunk, they tell the story of a historical event from memory in their own words. This part is filmed right in the celebrity's own home. And then that drunken telling of the story is the narration for the reenactment done by other really famous celebrities....LOL

It's really funny. There are a few eps in on-demand right now.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Naja, I don't think the celebrity gets drunk. The celebrity does the acting while the drunk student/scholar tells the story. It's hilarious. I have watched a lot of them online in the past few years. you can youtube most of them

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Denecee, maybe you misunderstood my post. I have watched every one online at funnyordie.com and on tv episode now and it is what I said. A celebrity gets drunk and tells the story of a historical event. Then the drunk telling of the story is the narration for the reenactment. I'm not sure how you think that is off.

And, other celebrities star in the reenactments. I didn't say the drunk ones were in the reenactment. The drunk one is telling the story. The narration.

eta: ah, maybe you don't know the celebrities telling the stories. Yes, the ones telling the stories are also known celebrities.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
even on the online shows? if yes, then yeah, I don't know those people but even drunk they knew their history. I found the tvshow to not be as funny as the online youtubes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, even online. Some aren't that famous, but they are still celebrities.

And I like the ones on tv better. Because really they are both equally as good, except the online ones show too much of the celebrities getting sick from drinking. They show a little of that on the tv version, but not near what they showed online.

Here are online eps.

http://www.funnyordie.com/drunkhistory

btw, looking through the youtubes, I can't find any that aren't from tv or from funnyordie.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Oh, I watched them some time ago, perhaps they took them down to be on the show?

Yeah, I could do without the puking

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Mythbusters" is back tonight with new episodes. Discovery channel.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Extant made an excellent debut. Special effects were believable and the story line sounds very interesting. Looking forward to the second episode.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Strategist I just came to ask if anyone else is watching, it's great, I love their house and all the futuristic gadgets. I also find the son storyline interesting. I'm only 24 min in. Lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Speaking of "Extant"....The only things creepier than ghost children are robot children...LOL
I thought the show was interesting. We'll be tuning in again.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Naja, I finished and I'm so intrigued. im wondering if they will use robot boy to spy/record what is going on at their house?

Oldtex

03-06-2006

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oldtex a private message Print Post    
DH & I watched and enjoyed "Extant". At least it's something new and different from all the cop shows (so far anyway). I think the main reason Hubby wanted to watch...Halle Berry! And he liked what he saw LOL.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, July 11, 2014 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I like Halle Berry a lot - but i love me some Goran Visnjic from his ER days :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think I just watched the worst "web series turned tv show" ever. It premiered tonight on the CW and it's called "Backpackers".

Here's the extended trailer for the tv show.

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/backpackers/extended-trailer

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Sharknado 2: The Second One"
premieres July 30 on SYFY

Trailer (really funny)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWY4-u9Ewdc