TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 15, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 15, 2014 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Are you talking about Jenny McCarthy?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
She's talking about EH.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Nah. The one who's engaging in smack talk abt Ms O'Donnell. EH

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Sorry...just reread an earlier post and autocorrect is messing with me again LOL. No wonder I'm incomprehensible

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 11, 2014 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I went to The Views website on their message board. The viewers are as unhappy as I am at the McCain suggestion. Most want a real conservative. There seems to be a nice mix of both liberal and conservatives over there. Who knew they had a message board?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 11, 2014 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, her dad would be upset if he read that. I am sure he thinks his daughter is real. Who is conservative enough to appear on the view? And please don't say Palin, she is just a show hog who wants all the attention all the time and will say anything to get attention, Can't watch her. I certainly would not watch her, I could not bear Sherry "flat earth" and when they threw Jenny "anti-vaccination and preaches fake autism cures" on, I don't think I ever turned on ABC since. They want viewers, so the conservative has to be somewhat acceptable to a mixed political audience.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Very well said Sadiesmom; Palin would have been intolerable.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I hate Palins speaking voice and style so I agree. Maybe Katherine Hamm,Liz Cheney,Laura ingrahm,the woman from everybody loves Raymond, Michelle Malkin. All these women are intelligent and can form two sentences together. If there was a conservative comedian that would be good too.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I love that Rosie is coming back, I hope she brings show tunes, Broadway and musicals with her. I'd rather see the show get back to the fun side of things. She is a comedian, so with she and Whoopi, I hope there will be a lot of laughter.

I don't remember it ever being so nasty in political discussions until EH was hired, so I hope there won't be any over-the-top politics, I want fun, not news; EH no longer works on the show, she should enjoy her own life and mind her own business.

I think there are a lot of great women the show can choose from, like recent guest host Sunny Hostin and also Leah Remini. But I hope whoever it will be, are women who can laugh and joke and speak their mind, not rant and sulk if they don't get their way. I guess we'll see, when, September maybe?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great post Stormie. ITA 100% :-) Hopefully with Rosie on board, they will feature more Broadway musicals. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rosie drove me away and nothing brought me back.. Jenny McCarthy just added to the depth of my aversion.

I think they are beating a dead horse, but still wish them success. I wonder if Whoopi is wishing she never signed her last contract?

Leah Remini wouldn't be a plus for me, but she has her own reality show now, so I'd guess she isn't seeking out a talk show, but who knows.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, our local paper is reporting that Ann Curry is being considered for The View. Ann is from Oregon, so they keep tabs on what she's doing.

http://pagesix.com/2014/07/13/ann-curry-rumored-to-be-on-view-short-list/

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Oh no, not Ann. Ann -- all I see is her reaching out and pushing Brad Pitt's hair off his forehead. DUMB move, Ann. What possessed her? No, don't like her.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Wow did not see that one coming.even though I never wanted her to be the co host on the Today show I felt bad when she got canned. Evidently she is persona non grata and never visits or interacts minimally with Today show staff.
If hired I am glad she has a job; but I will only watch in spurts if someone I like will be on like President Obama.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, with Whoopi and Rosi there, I don't think that Ann would have as large of a role as when she was on the Today program. So, maybe, it would work out okay. From what I can tell, they hardly every do one on one interviews on The View.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Honestly I think Ms Curry's touchy feely style might work well on the show. Or it might be a total fiasco, which would be even better.

BRING HER ON!!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Jenny McCarthy got hired by Sirrus XM and will have her own radio show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's so strange to me, Lakecat. I always figured Jenny's looks were her asset, and now she has a radio show....LOL
That's pretty ironic.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Name of Jenny's radio show -- Dirty, Sexy, Funny.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Maybe she will have a little more freedom. I was always under the impression that Barbra ran a very tight ship and you better tow the line or you are out. I think Star, Rosie and Joy weren't easily controlled and Elizabeth got tired of being the conservative patsy.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I have heard rumblings in various media stories that Barbara no longer has as much control over The View as previously. I wonder if that is true and what that means to the show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Maybe the show will be better.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
And maybe it will be much worse.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
As always - those of us who like certain hosts will watch and those who don't - won't! I haven't watched in years, and if I still don't like it, I have plenty of other channels to choose from. :-)