TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 10, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 10, 2014 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I might actually watch once in a while. I've missed Rosie.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I like Rosie but her politics is way too fringe. I'm surprised Barbra would want someone that crazy politically. I do like her otherwise. Another one of those "shut up and sing" celebrity's.if it's going to be about politics then Anne Coulter would be a good counter balance. They are equally extreme and it seems only fair.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rosie is older and happier. I think we would see a milder Rosie.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Oh God no to Anne Coulter!

Rosie and Whoopi will pretty much be on the same page, I think anyway, so they do need to get some opposing views.

I won't miss Sherri at all. She's changed immensely from when she first started. She is the main one who talks over and interrupts everyone.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
i love whoopie and rosie. I may watch again.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
Me Too! MB

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I tend toward liberal views and I don't enjoy Rosie except in very small doses. She's way too much for me.

Missy890

05-24-2011

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure how Whoopie and Rosie will mess together. Who gets to be the moderator? Will their strong personalities clash?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'd like to see Whoopie and Rosie opposite nutty Palin and Bachman. The fur would certainly fly. LOL

Coulter no, she's beyond nuts, she's evil.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Whoopie is the leader/queen bee.......... I don't watch but "inquiring minds" want to some of this.
I certainly hope Whoopie does not defer to Rosie.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The screechy blonde who cohosted the show for a while despite her inability to put together a coherent sentence or thought, has been on FOX today criticizing Ms O'Donnell about blah blah blah.

She's really a sad case, that one.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I like Whoopie and even though most of her political ideologies differ from mine, she is reasonable ,and I respect her opinions. Rosie and Joy ...and Ann Coulter are just too far out there. I hope Whoopie remains the leader but I wouldn't be surprised to hear her resign right before the new season starts. There's not room on the stage for both Rosie and Whoopie in a leadership role.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I finally listened to EH calling in from her vacation to rant about Rosie getting rehired. She really sounded small and petty to be so angry about it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Looks like they may hire John McCain's daughter Meghan McCain for "The View"; she is a liberal Republican pro abortion, pro same sex marriage. So the right but not way to the right and "tolerable".
They know to stay away from scary people like Sarah Palin who should be kissing John McCain's behind or otherwise she would likely not have the exposure that she has today. Many, many former Governor's are not widely known outside of their states, political parties.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well if Megan McCain is supposed to be the conservative voice on the view then forget it. I've never heard that opportunist say one thing positive about the Republican Party. Shame on Rosie and Barbra for being fearful of having an intelligent strong conservative voice on The View. I guess that might get in the way of their agenda.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
ETA the reason she's "tolerable" to you Maremko is because she's a liberal pretending to be a conservative so she can ride her Dads coat tails. So upset they chickened out. Is this news 100%?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
And another thing. I don't want to hear from the TV reviewers and critics etc how dumb she is, because believe me, she is. just like they did with EH. I think Barbara purposefully hires meek uninformed "conservative" women who can not challenge them. So disappointed if the McCain hire is true.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Well if I read it on the internet it must be true......

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
ABC has now confirmed that Ms O'Donnell will return to The View.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
:-)

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I like Rosie...Elizabeth is just jealous she isn't coming back, sour grapes

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Rosie was downright mean to Ellizabeth. I wasn't a big fan of EH, but Rosie crossed the line big time with her and she was fired for a good reason and I can't believe that they are bringing her back. I also don't think she and Whoopie will mesh well together. I don't always agree with Whoopie, but I still like her.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I like Rosie but I couldn't stand Hasselbeck. Considering that Hasselbeck got her start on TV from being a contestant on Survivor, I thought this was funny (whether it's true or not):

Rosie’s deal bans reality stars as ‘View’ co-hosts

<snip>

"We hear terms of her deal would include her appearing full-time on the show alongside Whoopi Goldberg, and O’Donnell will also get “approval over offers to other co-hosts.”

But according to a source, Rosie wants a stipulation that no other reality stars can be slotted as co-hosts (so Bethenny Frankel’s agent should stop pitching). The deal would bring O’Donnell back after a rocky exit in 2007 after just one season."

<snip>

http://pagesix.com/2014/07/08/rosie-odonnell-inks-seven-figure-one-year-deal-for-the-view/

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
hahaha, I love it.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I don't want to rain on parades, and I want to believe it means no Bethanny or Kate Gosselin, but the NY Post hates Rosie and loves that screechy blonde who have see to cohost (in fact, it's a Murdoch publication and Murdoch now employs the screechy blonde), so I'd take their reporting on this with a grain of salt.