TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 27, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that Jenny McCarthy was able to keep quiet when the guest doctor said that the epidemic of whooping cough was because so many parents refuse to immunize their children.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Oh haven't you heard? Ms McCarthy has had a change of heart, which she claims isn't really a change of heart. Seems she never believed kids shouldn't be immunized, according to her, Jose st that parents need to be better informed. So don't let those dozens of tapes of her railing against immunizations fool you: Despite what your eyes see and your ears hear, she never said it. Or if she said it, you're just misunderstanding her.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
LOL I have heard that Tishala. At least she finally has let a little logic and science sink in, even if she doesn't have the grace to be honest about it.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, so that's why Ms. McCarthy remained so quiet while the doctor talked!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It takes a big person to admit they were wrong and their views have changed. I've never been a fan of Ms. McCarthy and remain a non-fan. And I can't believe Whalberg is going to marry her! He is a good actor -- obviously, because I love him on Blue Bloods and I'd probably dislike him severely irl. LOL.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I thought the doctor said that there is a new type of immunization being used, which is why there is more cases seen. But I only half listen to the show at times, so I may have missed something.

I miss Joy, but I'd love to see Starr return. But right now, not even Whoopi, whom I adore, can keep me tuned in.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just read that Sherri Shepherd released a statement saying she's leaving the show. As annoying as she has been lately, it's not great loss.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't say I'm sad or surprised.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
One report has even more shocking news: That Bill Geddie might be gone. He's been with Ms Walters for years and, I guess, now that she's gone he's expendable.

Also, Ms McCarthy appears to be gone. No loss. I do hope that this show manages to become watchable, even in a bad way as it used to be, again.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have always thought Bill's relationship with Babs was weird. As much as they have always claimed it was just business, it was weird even as just business.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Hmmm. Apparently there are reports Ms O'Donnell may return to the show. Without getting into the merits of that as a possibility, it would help explain Mr Geddie leaving, if that story is remotely true. Ms O'Donnell would never never never work with Mr Geddie again, that's for sure.

How sad is it that the best thing about this show for the past 4-5 years has been the gossip about it?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I disagree Tish. The gossip is second best. EH being fired is #1 :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, I just realized EH being fired is considered part of the gossip.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OH, and retired Babs is out of retirement again on Friday. She's doing the 20/20 interview of the father of that Californian multiple murderer.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised Sherry is leaving, then I wonder if it has to do with what's going on in her personal life. It will be a big change if Bill left, but I would love to see Rosie return, along with Starr and Joy. Here's Sherry's twitter page, where she posted the announcement:

twitter.com/SherriEShepherd

ETA: Here's Jenny's page, there's, what seems to be, a hint message posted today:

twitter.com/JennyMcCarthy

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 3:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Might have to watch today, should be interesting. So Babs removed herself and Jenny and Sherri gone leaving only Whoopie? Was it just those 4 this season? One article I read gave names of 2 names of interest, I not only didn't recognize either name but one looked decidedly male. (ETA: Found the article, the 2 names are: Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer) View Cleaning House.

If they truly clean house and go back to the original concept which included actual journalists, not just actors and comedians I might actually start watching again. I really loved that first season.

Missy890

05-24-2011

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
Rissa, both of those names are males. Ross is from the E network. He works with Kelly Osbourne on the red carpet specials and Jesse Palmer is a sports (I think) commentator but he was also the bachelor many years ago.

I think The View after 16 years should change it up a bit and add a man to the table. Maybe not every day but maybe once or twice a week just to give us something different. I would like to see Bill Rancic. He's been on a few times and he seems like a intelligent, calm person who can discuss a topic with out shouting over everyone else.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Ross has been co-hosting the past few days.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
OH, and retired Babs is out of retirement again on Friday. She's doing the 20/20 interview of the father of that Californian multiple murderer.

Promo for the show, BW paraphrased (or maybe not) in a coy voice, "Do you realize you're the father of a mass murderer?" Oh please. That's why I don't like her and haven't for a lot of years.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Ross, Whoopie and Rosie - that would be a fun combo, but definitely not a "journalistic" group.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Teach, the View has never been 'journalistic.' It's all been personal views of what's happening; hence the name.

I just heard that Sherry & Jennie were fired. Why don't they just put this show out it's misery and cancel it?

Was Sherry fired or did she leave?

Alwayzmovin

11-06-2003

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwayzmovin a private message Print Post    
I would actually start watching again if it was Ross, Whoopie and Rosie.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Decided to do a search and came across this:

Sherri Shepherd, Jennie McCarthy Fired From The View

This article is as clear as mud.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Ross is the only personality I can stand on E which is why I don't watch the E channel at all. I would love to see him on a major network.

Please don't bring on Rancic - PLEASE don't! I know he's a nice person but he's NOT an entertainer. I see him as one of the mock-celebrities being shoved down our throats by E. Can we please not let E control the world?!

I do think they need to have balance as well so that it isn't just four people who agree on everything. You don't get much of a discussion that way.

I like Sherri but for that the last few years, she has seemed clueless about interrupting people. I didn't mind Jenny but won't miss her if she's gone either. She has a hard time seeing anything outside the tunnel of her son and herself. I'm sure they'll both be happier being somewhere else.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
PS - I did NOT watch the show today simply because BW was on.