TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 21, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through June 21, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was renewed, but it won't be back until the new year. If you click on the link below the schedule there's a list of the mid-season shows there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thank you Kitt. It is so hard to keep up anymore, with all the different start dates.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I already posted this in the reality show area, but I wanted to mention it here since I noticed the wrong date is listed above.

I Wanna Marry Harry premieres Tuesday, May 20, right after American Idol. (on FOX)

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
A Canadian show called Motive started tonight on ABC. It will repeat on Sunday.

I watch it online every year as it airs in Canada and then they show it here in the summer, so I tape it for my husband. It's different in that they show the Killer and the Victim right at the beginning of the show and then it plays out how the murder came to be. I like both the main stars a lot.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Cricket I just started watching that.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some new shows starting in June:

Halt & Catch Fire on AMC, Sun Jun 1 at 10pm (the series captures the rise of the PC era in the early 1980s, during which an unlikely trio - a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy - take personal and professional risks in the race to build a computer that will change the world as they know it)

Power on Starz, Sat Jun 7 at 9pm (tells the story of a visionary crime drama set in two different worlds, the glamorous New York club scene and the brutal drug trade)

Chasing Life on ABC Family, Tue Jun 10 at 9pm (April is a smart, charismatic and quick witted twenty-something aspiring journalist. When not pursuing the latest scoop, April tries to balance her ambitious career with her family, which includes her widowed mom Sara, rebellious little sister Brenna and her grandmother)

Dominion on Syfy, Thu Jun 19 at 9pm (Based on characters from film Legion, Dominion is an epic supernatural drama set in the year 25 A.E. In this transformed post-apocalyptic future, an army of lower angels, assembled by the archangel Gabriel, has waged a war of possession against mankind. )

The Musketeers on BBCA, Sun Jun 22 at 9pm (A fresh and contemporary take on the classic Alexandre Dumas characters, The Musketeers is set on the streets of seventeenth century Paris, where law and order is an idea more than a reality)

Tyrant on FX, Tue Jun 24 at 10pm (tells the story of an unassuming American family drawn into the workings of a turbulent Middle Eastern nation)

Young & Hungry on ABC Family, Wed Jun 25 at 8pm (Two worlds collide when Josh (Jonathan Sadowski), a wealthy young tech entrepreneur, meets Gabi (Emily Osment), a feisty young food blogger, looking to be his personal chef)

Mystery Girls on ABC Family, Wed Jun 25 at 8.30pm (comedy series follows two former detective TV show starlets brought back together by a real-life mystery, starring Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth)

Taxi Brooklyn on NBC, Wed Jun 25 at 10pm (action-comedy police procedural centered on the fractious, closely bonded partnership between a streetwise Marseilles-born New York City taxi driver and an intensely driven NYPD detective)

Reckless on CBS, Sun Jun 29 at 9pm (set in Charleston, S.C., where a gorgeous Yankee litigator and a charming southern attorney must hide their intense mutual attraction as a police sex scandal threatens to tear the city apart)

Leftovers on HBO, Sun Jun 29 at 10pm (based on Perrotta's bestselling novel of the same name. The drama series takes an original look at The Rapture... because it's not entirely clear The Rapture happened)

And some of the bigger Summer/season premieres:

Longmire on A&E, Mon Jun 2 at 10pm
Mistresses on ABC, Mon Jun 2 at 10pm
Major Crimes on TNT, Mon Jun 9 at 9pm
Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family, Tue Jun 10 at 8pm
Royal Pains on USA, Tue Jun 10 at 9pm
Suits on USA, Wed Jun 11 at 9pm
Graceland on USA, Wed Jun 11 at 10pm
The Fosters on ABC Family, Mon Jun 16 at 9pm
Rizzoli & Isles on TNT, Tue Jun 17 at 9pm
Perception on TNT, Tue Jun 17 at 10pm
Defiance on Syfy, Thu Jun 19 at 8pm
Rectify on Sundance, Thu Jun 19 at 9pm
Rookie Blue on ABC, Thu Jun 19 at 9pm
True Blood on HBO, Sun Jun 22 at 9pm
Falling Skies on TNT, Sun Jun 22 at 10pm
Teen Wolf on MTV, Mon Jun 23 at 10pm
Cover Affairs on USA, Tue Jun 24 at 10pm
Big Brother on CBS, Wed Jun 25 at 8pm
Wilfred on FXX, Wed Jun 25 at 10pm
Unforgettable on CBS, Sun Jun 29 at 10pm
Under the Dome on CBS, Mon Jun 30 at 10pm

Also
Orange is the New Black, Fri Jun 6

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, May 31, 2014 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The Night Shift started this past week. (Pilot rerunning tonight?) BAD.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, May 31, 2014 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Night Shift was pretty bad. Especially the part about all of them ending up on the roof after shift having a party. Gang Related was pretty bad too. Crossbones was ok, but mainly because nothing else was on at that time. If Blue Bloods had been new, I would have watched that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I both liked "Power" and "Crossbones". We'll be tuning in for more.

Oh, "Power" doesn't premiere until next weekend, but the pilot is already in STARZ on-demand.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
What and where is "Power"?

I like Crossbones ok, but since I don't record anything and it is on the same time as Blue Bloods, I would rather watch BB if it was a new episode.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, like my post says, Power is on STARZ.

And from Kitt's post above:
"Power on Starz, Sat Jun 7 at 9pm (tells the story of a visionary crime drama set in two different worlds, the glamorous New York club scene and the brutal drug trade)"

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry I went right by that STARZ reference.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You had me confused....LOL I didn't know if you missed that it was on STARZ, or if you didn't know STARZ was a channel :-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't get Starz, but I do know what it is. I think I am having a bad day. Time to take a break. LOL

Mush

09-09-2002

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
I thought Night Shift was the worse show I've seen in years. Every medical show cliche in the book. I'd be surprised if it lasted very long.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
LMAO...I stopped watching Night Shift about 30 minutes in. When I realized the show would be all about the drama between the Legal department and the hot shot doctor I knew it would be bad all season.

And Gang Related was off my tv in about 4 minutes.

Looks like they're just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing if anything can stick these days. And the walls are made of teflon.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If anyone misses Queer As Folk or has never seen Queer As Folk, Showtime is repeating the entire series on weeknights at 8pm (5pm for some West Coasters) from tonight through to November.

I can't recommend it enough, it is a bit heavy on the pretty explicit sex early on but it's really a story about love and friendship, and has some of the most breathtaking direction and cinematography I've ever seen, particularly in the later seasons.

Showtime are doing the same with The L Word, weeknights at 10pm (7pm for some).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow! How exciting for QaF fans. I don't have showtime, but glad to see it's getting a re-airing. I have to laugh every time I watch Lab Rats and think of Hal Sparks former job. It was a great series. The Brian - Michael relationship was very interesting to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The only thing that stinks is Comcast took away our secondary HD channels. So we only have "Showtime Showcase" channel in SD. They aren't showing it on the main showtime channel. Maybe they'll add it to on-demand in HD.

Richardgirl

08-23-2013

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Richardgirl a private message Print Post    
I liked Night Shift quite a bit. Think it will be more interesting as the characters develop. Of course, I may be a wee bit biased as Eoin Macken (TC) is one of my favorite actors. I've seen him in some Irish & British shows/movies and he's a very talented actor! Hope is makes it, if for no other reason just so I can watch Eoin thru the summer!}

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched the new show motive?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think Motive is a return from last year.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
We just ended the second season here (Ontario). The relationship btn the two lead detectives is developing nicely as the show goes on, hope they don't try to work in a romance, that always annoys me. :-) Not crazy about the subplot with the new Sergeant (played by Warren Christie) and hope they have moved on from that story when the new season starts.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I like Motive, showing the killer and the victim right away, why the heck not? It's something new and we can see the reasoning towards the discovery by the detectives, I like the chemistry among the partners, but are we making the women a bit smarter in this series... I don't mind.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch the premiere of "Dominion" on the SYFY channel?

[VIDEO - TRAILER]
http://www.syfy.com/dominion

I watched it and will give it a chance...even though it seemed to me to be taking itself a bit too seriously. I know it's a drama, but even during war or other bad, scary events, people do retain at least a touch of their sense of humor.

It's reminiscent of the angels vs humans theme in "Supernatural" (angels going to war against humans after god goes missing), but it was based on a movie called Legion (it wasn't an exceptional film - I saw it a few years ago but had totally forgotten about it until it was referenced as inspiration for this new series).

I just wish Dominion had at least a smidgen of humor in it. Everyone is SO serious al the time I think it could get tiring. A little levity once in awhile would really contrast against such a dark plot line, IMHO.

I did really enjoy the creepy bad angels that can scurry across walls and jump super high!