TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 19, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 19, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
BW was on SNL last night during Weekend Update.

Video
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-barbara-walters/2781213

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about Sherri, I really like her. Her husband must be a complete jerk.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
One more week of BW to suffer through -- if you watch. Bet Friday will be a doozy.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I personally think of Helen Thomas as the pioneer of women's journalism. I think of Barbara Walters as the pioneer of celebrity interviews. Is she a journalist or primarily a producer and anchor?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The End. I will not miss BW in the least. Will NOT be watching special tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can't even believe there is a special tonight, can't this woman just retire and go away!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Two hours of TV air time wasted. I strongly dislike BW. Can you tell?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I don't dislike her but dang am I tired of her! The thing is, I just don't she is going to go away. I'll bet anything she's right back on tv next week.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Well I LOVE Barbara, so I will speak up. A remarkable career that spans 5 decades. And most definitely she is a journalist! She was the first woman anchor on a nightly news program. I will miss her. It is time for her to retire, she is not as sharp as she once was, I will admit that.

I enjoyed The View today. Seeing all of those woman there to honor her was amazing. And Hillary Clinton! Barbara was the journalist to the end, she did ask Hillary if she was going to run.

I am looking forward to the special tonight!!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed The View yesterday and today and I don't begrudge Barbara her final moments in the spotlight (she did, after all, manage to get both the mistress and the wife in the Donald Sterling mess, so it's not like she was resting on her laurels, even up to the last minute).

But the fact that she got the mistress and the wife in the Donald Sterling mess is part of the problem. It may be that Barbara was a great journalist once upon a time--I know she did in depth interviews with Castro and Kissinger, for example--but the last 30 years of her career have been either entertainment pieces of "soft" journalism, like interviewing Ms Lewinsky lo these many years ago or interviewing the Presidents and First Ladies during the holidays for her Most Fascinating People specials (which almost invariably had Old Don Trump it seemed like).

I'll be sure to catch the special tonight, too. It's not every day a legend who really did break barriers leaves the air.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm taping the 2 hour show tonight. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. She really did break barriers and I find her interesting, even if her ego barely fits through the door.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I like Barbara Walters and she certainly deserves all she is getting. And the good thing for all the people who do not care for her is there are so many other channels to chose from. I wish her well.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed The View today. Seeing all of those woman there to honor her was amazing. And Hillary Clinton! Barbara was the journalist to the end, she did ask Hillary if she was going to run.

I watched The View, but not the special this evening. BW asking if Hillary is going to run. That's no big deal. That's not what today was about. Let it go, BW. But I did laugh at Sheri's joke which was kind of asking the question. My memory is so short -- can't remember what she said. I did LOL.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
BW can't ultimately manage a good celeb interview. Years ago she was interviewing Harrison Ford. To this day, still a hard interview. BW asked a question. He perked up and started talking. What do you know . . . BW did it! She had Harrison Ford talking. And then out of the blue she totally changed the subject. Ford went back into his shell. BW -- baaaaah.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I understand the BW importance in women's history of journalism, but for those of us that watch the show daily, I don't think we can take another tribute. It's been a year of daily tributes. My goodness, they named the season "The Year of Barbara"!

And then when you think it's over, today they reminisce about the BW tributes! Please, stop, enough.

LOL

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Remember . . . BW is producing.

Cillysue2

05-01-2003

Friday, May 30, 2014 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cillysue2 a private message Print Post    
Why do people dislike Barbara Walters so much? I really like her, I enjoy her interviews, I have always enjoyed The View. She is now in her 80's and I wish her the best I will be watching everything. i would just like to understand what some people find so unpleasant about her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody else noticed they are doing the tryouts and screen tests for the next young Republican co-host right under our noses?

I think the top 3 they have come up with are Margaret Hoover, Abby Huntsman, and Rachel Campos-Duffy.

I think maybe Rachel has already knocked herself out of the running by some weird things she has said on the show.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Rachel has "tried" out three times already - "losing" out to Lisa Ling, Elizabeth Hasselbeck and then Jenny McCarthy... I gotta give her props for not giving up :-)

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I think the last time Rachel was on the show she announced, yet again, that she is pregnant .Expecting baby number 7. I think she likes the occasional guest host spot but I can't see doing it permanently, with that snooze family.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
"snooze family" that's not what I meant to say !!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 05, 2014 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Was the Robert De Niro segment today worth going through the trouble to watch online later?

We didn't get to see the show today because of constant severe weather reporting.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, June 05, 2014 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Naja- I stopped watching the view years ago, but there was a really nice interview with him on the today show this morning...very touching. Here is the link.

http://www.today.com/entertainment/robert-de-niro-lovingly-remembers-artist-father-new-hbo-documentary-2D79758917

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 05, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ahhhh, I had forgotten he was making the rounds about the documentary about his father. I just watched him on Jon Stewart talking about it. Thanks, Rubyroo.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Tuned in this morning and yikes, it was so blatantly obvious that Whoopi did not like having Bill Rancic on as a cohost.

Can't say that I blame her as he defended his reality show as being SO DIFFERENT from others in that they don't rely on the money from it like other people do. Ahem - okay. He also went on to describe how much they have taught people about infertility and breast cancer. Ahem, cough, okay.

It's not that I dislike Rancic and his wife so much as they have such over-inflated egos. They just are NOT as important as they think they are.

I LOVE Ross who was also co-hosting and he couldn't get a word in. Major AWKWARD all around!