TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 11, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 11, 2014 users admin

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Do you think they'll replace her seat?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I hope not,I like the rotating guest hosts.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
I agree with Kappy and Naja. How many times can she tell us about all her accomplishments.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Since I don't watch the view regularly I guess I miss out on her boasting and ego and self-importance. I do really enjoy watching her interview others and I will miss that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought she was 97 so I guess it is time for her to retire, she is scary on the show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Brenda, it's not that she sits there all boasting and egotistical every minute. It's that she introduces montages from her career, narrated by herself, saying how important she is, and has been. She LITERALLY narrates her videos about how important she is, at least once a week.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Friday is BW's last day. :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Not soon enough! Waaay overdue. I never ever saw what was so great about BW.

She LITERALLY narrates her videos about how important she is, at least once a week.

Probably again this Friday -- for the last time?!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She's actually only retiring from the front of the camera. She will still be executive producer on the View.... and will probably make guest appearances at times.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
BW's last day (as a regular on camera) is not this coming Friday -- it's Friday, May 16.

Missy890

05-24-2011

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 2:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
I agree about the boasting, but here's another thing that gets me. Whoopi will introduce a story and then BW will interrupt whoever's talking to give the "facts/data"

Between now and her last day see if it doesn't make you smile when you watch her do it and you think of this post.

I think the view either needs to end or new co hosts. They have interesting topics but you can't hear anything because they talk over each other or if they have guests the guest never gets to finish a sentence without being interrupted.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Oh, I'm sorry for misinforming. That explains why there was no chatter about it this week. :-)

I agree Missy890. I think she's become noticeably rude these last few years...both to her co-hosts & even the guests. She gets very indignant when she's interrupted, but she interrupts others a lot. Imo, her retirement from in front of the camera is a few years overdue.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Sorry guys, I do not understand all of this BW dislike. She has accomplished so much in her lifetime, much more than I could ever hope to. She is the pioneer for woman journalists and she should be so very proud of all she has done. She certainly deserves to brag a bit and I for one am sorry to see her go. She has my respect.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I second what Countrydaze said. She has meant so much to the field of journalism, especially for woman. I do not mind her bragging a bit!

Thanks Barbara for all you have done!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She doesn't bother me either. Yes, she's old and not as quick on her feet,but I admire her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I appreciate her accomplishments though I do understand why some people feel it might have benefited her to retire earlier or at least reduce her presence. She gets confused, she has become a bit eccentric and she has said some pretty odd things on occasion the last few years.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I dont watch the view, but I really enjoy her interview specials. they can edit out any wackiness. i will really miss those.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I avoid BW's interview specials like the plague.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Many of us for the past year have commented on how much we respect BW's body of work. Our problem is in how she has behaved on The View in the last 3 - 4 years. Instead of stepping away gracefully and letting others have a spot, she has been insistent on remaining there and then daily reminding the rest of them how much more she has done. What was once a great idea for a talk show featuring women became a joke and I blame her for that.

I caught a show about 2 weeks ago where she not only interrupted their special guest while they were talking, she basically told the guest she knew more about them then they did themself. The guest just sat there with a shocked look on their face.

I also blame her agent and every other person who feeds off of her because they should have taken her off camera a long time ago. I find it sad that this will be the way people remember her now.

Florin

08-27-2006

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
To change the subject I saw where Shelly Shepard's husband filed for divorce and requested custody of a child to born in July. He also requested that the prenup be removed due to fraud. Sounds like it won't be a easy divorce.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I saw that too but she cried "fraud " first. He said he was a script writer before they married but she's seen no sign of it in 3 yrs.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And the child is being carried by a surrogate? Is that correct?

A very odd marriage.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
OMG - That is just sad all around!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I hate to sound dumb, but I don't know who Shelly Shepard is???? Can someone help me out.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Sherri Shepard.

Bless her heart, she's hardly got 5 brain cells functioning in her head and she was so desperate for a husband, you just knew this was going to happen.

I can't help but feel terrible for her.