TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 07, 2014 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'd be more apt to watch now that EH IS gone! LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
But Teach, the whole reason Rosie left was because of the on air fight she and Lizzie had. That's why it would be more interesting if EH was still there. I totally dislike EH, but Rosie's appearance on the show would be more interesting if EH was still there.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's the video of the incident on show that caused Rosie to quit the show. (in the unlikely event you guys don't remember....LOL)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xht0HcPryWA

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I use to love Rosie until she started with those bizarre extremist rants. I bet politics won't come up much with her appearance. Maybe it will be fun Rosie , instead of scary Rosie.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I recall Rosie starting to express some pretty fringe ideas.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I miss her. I don't guess she's really done much TV lately. She use to have a blog, maybe still does and you could comment or ask questions and she answered me a couple of times.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Some of her "fringe" ideas (collapse of Trade Towers) have more recently been validated (wishing now I had bookmarked the video when it made the rounds on FB about 3 months ago). I miss her, but she still posts pretty regularly on Instagram. She is occupied with a darling new daughter who just turned 1 - Dakota/Dax. :-) She's also been on the Fosters recently.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
first let me say that I am a fan of Rosie's. I still wish she would do her radio show again. That being said, I can't believe she is going on the View. She has said so many angry things about Babara and the show that I feel she is going against her better instinces. I know that to forgive is devine but really why would she. I guess we will know better after she is on.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Rosie is a bully. I won't waste my time watching/hearing her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The collapse of the Trade Towers has been validated?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Ack... sorry about that. There have been scientists who have put together a 90 minutes video saying they don't believe the jets were what caused the collapse (saying they collapsed in the manner of a demolition), which is what Rosie was saying back a few years ago.

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
I work full time so I have only seen the show a few times. I do understand the name....THE View; as there is only one View. It was annoying to me that the hosts spoke over each other (at least the few times I watched). I gave up trying to make sense out of it. LOL

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I really like Rosie, I don't agree with everything she says, but she's entitled to her opinion just like the rest of us. I don't think she has a mean bone in her body, but she also doesn't just sit there when confronted. But that argument with Elisabeth, I thought was a setup via behind the scenes; of course there is no proof nor admission. I am not sure about Rosie visiting the view, just bc of what was done to Star; I didn't like that they went after her with the past, when she has so much to speak on, particularly women and heart problems, which, ironically, so does Rosie now. I hope the view doesn't go after Rosie like that.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I believe Rosie's appearance will be Friday.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I'm sure it's about heart health. Rosie had a heart thing (attack?) a year or so ago and Streisand, who has funded the Streisand Center for Women's Heart Health at Cedar's Sinai, will also be appearing on The Today Show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
EH was on Guiliana's show today and I "think" she confirmed she was fired, and that she didn't opt to leave on her own. I came to this conclusion because she didn't really answer outright.

Guiliana asked her straight out if she chose to leave "The View" or if they asked her to leave. Because to everyone out there it all seems so vague.

EH answered by saying she understands why there are questions about it out there, but the 10 years she was there were precious to her, and she made a strong decision to not define that time by what happened during her last days.

Does that sound like fired or left on her own?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I can't imagine why she would wait to be fired before leaving that show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Holy Cripes!

As much as everyone complains that the ladies talk over each other, just take a look at today's first segment with Judge Jeanine as guest co-host. My GOD she is more overbearing and loud than any of them!

I quickly was reminded why I couldn't watch her FOX show past the second week.

eta: I see the listings say she is going to guest co-host again tomorrow, so let's see if it gets any better. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had the view on for about 5 minutes yesterday and I just couldn't take all the talking over each other. HAd to turn it off! :-)

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't be surprised if The View brought crazy old Pirro on after Ms Walters retires. I think they miss being the focus of any conversation and they think bringing on an avowedly political voice from the right will help them with their water cooler mojo. That's just a guess.

The tragedy is that crazy Pirro might be even less articulate than Mrs Hasselbeck was. Don't believe me? Search YouTube for her announcement that she was running for senate against Secretary of State Clinton. It's hilarious.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I like J pirrio. Seems pretty intelligent to me. They've had several right wing voices on lately. Mary Katherine Ham,SE Cupp and a couple of others whose names escape me.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
On Monday morning, ABC revealed that Barbara Walters will end her decades-long run as a host of The View on May 16, with a two-hour special set to air that evening on the network.

The 84-year-old Walters was one of the creators of The View and announced her retirement last year without naming a formal exit date. She has no plans to host occasional specials or do any reports for ABC News.

Walters joined ABC in 1976, when she famously became the first female anchor on an evening news program. She later became a co-host of 20/20 and launched The View in 1997. Mediaite

During sweeps, naturally. Oh well. Let her go out with as much grace as she can muster after all her years on this stinkfest.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Will not miss her on TV at all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I realize she's an important part of the history of women breaking into tv journalism, but I don't think I have ever seen someone pay tribute to them self as often as she does.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I agree with all sentiments above - I respect what she did with her career but she is retiring ten years too late. Her insistence on constantly doing a tribute to herself has made her unbearable.