TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TURN

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: TURN users admin

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else watching TURN on AMC. I'm a history buff and I am really enjoying it.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Count me in, Hskrfan. Big fan! I'm very much enjoying it. Also, a history fan along with having done genealogical research on my family during this time frame.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
TURN is getting better and better. Others need to watch so AMC renews it.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
I am also enjoying this show. I only found it because it airs before Mad Men. Hopefully other Mad Men viewers give it a try so that it gets renewed.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Ever since I saw previews I was interested in the show.

Thankfully I was able to watch the first 4 epis last weekend on demand, and then I watched it sunday when epi 5 aired. Now I have it set to record every week. :-) I love it, in fact it has totally fired up this curiosity about American history which I haven't studied since high school over a decade ago.

I've always followed Jamie Bell as an actor so I'm really enjoying him in the lead. All the actors are doing a fantastic job IMO. I just can't decide if it's the character Anna Strong or the actress that plays her that is leaving me feel sort of....meh. I feel like maybe she's growing on me but she is probably one of my least favorite parts of the show.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch last night. The first scene had me confused. Was it a dream?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Is this the first season?

I saw this discussion and recently saw commercials for it... would like to watch episodes in order and I was wondering how far back I would need to go.

Hskrfan... I'm assuming you're a Husker Fan. GO BIG RED!!!

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
It is the first season. Watch it if you can. Excellent Series. Go Big Red.....

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Thanks!! I will check On Demand and see if I can download episodes that have already aired. It looks good... would like to watch it with my son.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
I think I am the only one watching. Love history and the show. I hope it gets renewed.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm hanging in there as well, Hskrfan! As someone else said, my only complaint is that everything seems to be scheduled on Sunday - arggh!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I recorded the marathon that ran this weekend. I had seen the pilot episode online and am looking forward to watching the next episodes!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I also recorded the marathon Sunday... and will make sure to record all new episodes. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet... too much stuff on my plate right now to be able to sit and enjoy. Leaving town mid-June for 2 weeks on a family vacation so I may not get to it until July... maybe we'll watch it 4th of July weekend.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Can anyone please explain to me about the scene a couple weeks ago when Jamie went to New York and he met with someone in the bar. They said their cryptic code and the egg was taken from the basket. When outside the guard asked for an egg-there was a scuffle and the guard saw the inside of the egg and shot Jamie, and he was laying their bleeding. Next thing we see is Jamie just fine and no mention of this. I am so confused..did I miss something??

I love this show!

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Love this show too. That scene confused me as well. I think it was just a dream....

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I really don't think it was a dream. If I find out I will let you know.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Ok-Hskrfan..this is from IGN.com- I still think it was weird how they did it..

The episode began with Abe dying at the hands of a Red Coat that discovers he's carrying a trojan egg. It's not really Abe though, it's an abstraction of Abe that exists in the nimble mind of Nathaniel Sackett, George Washington's civilian intelligence director.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks for looking that up. Explanation makes sense but still confusing. Good news is Abe is alive. Season Finale on Sunday. Hope this gets renewed

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Great Season finale. Simcoe finally snapped and exposed for who he is. Then Mary standing by her man and taking over to save Abe.. I keep saying it but I am crossing my fingers this gets renewed

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch it yet- gonna watch it tonight with my husband. I will let you know what I think. I am still hopeful they renew it. :-)

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Good news! AMC has ordered a second season of Turn. It will reportedly return next spring with 10 new episodes. It averaged 2 million viewers a week in its first season.

Link to the Futon Critic: thefutoncritic.com/

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Mak1 thanks for the update. You made my day....

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
New season of TURN starts tonight.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
I was glued to TV. Better than first season. Great show for history buffs.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Friday, May 06, 2016 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Hi Hskrfan..I was wondering if you are watching TURN. It's been really good so far.
I found out from watching the show Who Do You Think You Are that one of my relatives was a guard for Washington. He was one of the good ones. ☺

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Hi Rubyroo. I am watching this season. Agreed it has been good. Are Hewlett's days numbered now that he knows about Abe?

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Sorry- I didn't get back to you Hskrfan. This is such a good show. I liked Hewlett-he had a soft heart. :-) I think after this season it will surely be renewed.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch Turn last night.
Mary Woodhall has stepped up. Glad to see she has picked her side.

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
I just really discovered this series and I loved it. I was taken back by the depiction of Benedict Arnold's personality. He seemed slightly off. Now everyone knew the Queens Ranger Capt. Simeco was nuts, I hope there will be a season 4.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Akwarlord I read on my facebook feed, Turn renewed for a 4th and final season.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: