TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 07, 2014 users admin

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it as well... reese sure knows how to "silence" people

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Excellent episode last night except for Root showing up. Explained a lot.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. I enjoyed seeing the background and it was interesting to see them before they started working together.

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Ah we now understand why Finch sent CIA to China for the laptop. (Before Reese began working for Finch)

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Not sure how I felt about last night's episode. In the beginning it was disjointed and hard to follow. There was almost too much of Root's craziness, definitely not enough John or Shaw and please MUCH more of my very favorite Fusco! His sharp wit and one-liners add the icing to the cake for me.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, kind of a throw away episode last night. Too much Root. I can't remember her origins, but we learned or were reminded that she was a cold killer in the past (and I guess you could say she still is, but not as cold). And now the bad guys have the power chip to have another super computer.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I like Root, the actress is just so right for the role, and I like her chemistry with Shaw and Finch. Reese seems more like, 'let's get on with this' than a real belief he's doing the right thing. We should see more of Shaw, her survival instincts kick in just at the right time. I get a big smile on my face when she tells Finch what's going to happen in the next 5 seconds... well the screen shot at the end has all those targets and I can't wait to see how they stop that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I like Root too, but just in smaller doses. And, yes, the actress is perfect for that role.

Really, this is such a great show -- I like all of the main characters. If my only compaint is too much Root in one ep, I can surely live with that.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, I did wait but nothing happened, this show had nothing to do with those targets we saw at the end of the previous episode, Finch and company... that is.
Root is still having fun giving hints to Finch but has the old man to deal with and for now doesn't seem to be able to beat him to the punch.

Reese really looks like a snooze... but Shaw and Fusco get better and better.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They really have dropped back the role and character development of Reese, haven't they?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I wonder if he's getting bored with the role and asked for a lesser part. I do miss all the Reese action.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I do too. I miss him being a person, and not just the fight scenes, which seems to be all he's getting now.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Me three. I do enjoy the fight 'n fire though. Crack shots, huh?!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finally caught up on my last two episodes. I don't think they are dropping back Reese's role. I think they are now emphasizing Root's redemption this season.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So this last episode was the one with targets of Finch's team, almost as if last week they skipped this episode to air the last one that had nothing to do with them being a target as mentioned in the previous episode, a bit confusing for those who don't really follow the plot..

So, did they shut down Root's machine? I don't know why we have Finch on one end and Root on the other end with a more powerful machine which now seems no longer operational... I'm totally lost.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Spunky, there was something Root said couple of episodes back about there might be a war between the two machines. She was referring to hers as a god.

I only vaguely remember that so I did a search and found something that might help with your question about there being two machines:

[I suggest reading the whole thing...I just pasted part of the final paragraph below.]

This is a review/synopsis of Person of Interest S03E17, "I" (review dated March 19)

<snip>

"Person of Interest is setting up a war of machines, or gods as Root calls them, for a kickass season finale. In one corner there's Samaritan, an open-source powerhouse that will be programmed for nefarious purposes by Greer and his goons, and in the other corner there's our Machine, a program that understands that we humans might not be so bad after all. I know which side I'll be on. "

http://www.tv.com/shows/person-of-interest-2011/community/post/person-of-interest-season-3-episode-17-review-139516386266/

------------------

I just finished watching the episode and at the end Root appeared to look distressed...I took it that maybe all communication had been severed from her Machine. Maybe her Machine will do what Finch's did...move somewhere and hide in order to save itself.

Remember when they (I forget who "they" were) tracked down the location of Finch's Machine (last season I think)? When they got there, all they found was a huge empty warehouse because the Machine had electronically ordered movers to come and take it away to somewhere else and then erased all evidence of it (or something like that).

That's how I remember it anyway.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Root and Finch are getting different numbers, Root is now getting Revelant and finch is still getting erelevant. When control shut down the system last week, It all got transfused to Root.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
You're saying they are getting different numbers from the same Machine? So there is only one Machine?

If there is only one, how did the bad guys shut it down? It moved and hid itself last season so I thought no one knew where it was physically located anymore.

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Same machine, when finch and his partner sold it to that dept in the Gov for $1.00 finch was still able to get the irrelevant numbers because the sys only recognized numbers of persons who are a threat to the USA, Revelant numbers. Some where along the way Root formed a relationship with the machine; but Finch and Root have different ways of obtaining the numbers.(from the same machine)

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Remember last week after the shut down and while Root was speaking to Finch she stopped talking and while listening to her ear piece she said to Finch "my dance card is full I have to go"

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Remember when we first saw Shaw, she was working with relevant numbers though she did not know where it came from. And her boss was always that boss lady, she had Finch's partner killed because she may be doing more with the machine than she knows and she really wished she knew more about it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I see what was confusing me now.

Both Finch and Root are working with The (same) Machine, only on different levels...Finch just gets sets of SS numbers but Root gets a full on relationship/friend/guide/goddess.

My confusion came from the other machine called Samaritan, the one Root was referring to when she was yapping about gods going to war against each other.

I just googled it and found a wiki page talking about the two different Machines....one called Samaritan and one simply called the Machine.

Samaritan - Person of Interest Wiki

Samaritan

The Machine identifies Samaritan as status unknown. ("Lethe")
Samaritan is a project similar to the Machine. According to its creator, Arthur Claypool, its focus lies less in the categorization of relevant and irrelevant as the Machine does, but more so on its Artificial Intelligence capabilities. Unlike the Machine, which operates autonomously and provides numbers only when it perceives a threat, Samaritan is fully targetable. ("Root Path (/)")

<snip>

The Machine itself categorizes the status of Samaritan as unknown after Control expresses interest in the Samaritan drives. The Machines' parallel activities may have the potential to cause the programs to conflict; at present the Machine has calculated a probability of over 5% and climbing that this may occur. ("Lethe")

<snip>

TriviaEdit

It is implied that Samaritan is more powerful than the Machine when Root tells Finch that a computer chip hadn't yet been built to match Samaritan's speed until just recently. ("Root Path (/)")

Full article here:
http://personofinterest.wikia.com/wiki/Samaritan

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Didn't Samaritan fall into the hands of that wrinkly old guy?

And yes, I thought they "moved" the machine to protect it. How can Camryn M shut it down? I guess we'll find out.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Brenda1966, the Machine actually took it upon itself to create a fake identity/alias and moved itself. I wonder how Control (Camryn M) could have shut it down, too....and that's why I was thinking she must have shut down Samaritan, not the Machine.

I'm hoping it will become clear sooner rather than later.

Here is more info on the Machine's big move to its secret location:

The Machine

<snip>

"Access
The current location of the Machine remains unknown. After it was handed over to the government, it was shipped from Des Moines, Iowa to Salt Lake City, Utah, then to its final location further west. ("Bad Code") Finch stated on several occasions that he has no way of accessing the Machine, and that he also doesn’t know where it is located. ("Pilot") ("No Good Deed") ("The Contingency") However, after speaking with Northern Lights engineer Lawrence Szilard, he admits he can lead Root to where it is located. ("God Mode")

Ingram, who was looking for the Machine at one time, was able to pinpoint three likely locations, each of them U.S. nuclear processing facilities, that Northern Lights could potentially use to house The Machine. Other clues allow Root, Finch, Reese and Shaw to single out a nuclear facility in Hanford, Washington. Upon their arrival, they discover that engineers shipped it away—node by node to an unknown location, supposedly on the orders of the Special Counsel, who denied giving the orders. ("God Mode") Using the source code from the Ordos Laptop on which Decima Technologies built its virus, Finch was able to teach the Machine to protect itself by ordering its own relocation. It remains to be seen whether the Machine's component nodes are stored in one place or distributed over multiple locations."

<snip>

http://personofinterest.wikia.com/wiki/The_Machine

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
SFJF... I've enjoyed reading the background characters on that link that you posted. If anyone has any question about any of the main characters on this show, that link has the answers.