TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 25, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 25, 2014 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Daisy couldn't be more understanding of Ivy because she was seeing green. Once she got past that after talking to her father in law she seemed to just want Alfred to be happy.

I love those scenes with Violet and Isobel, they really make the show for me. And I have no idea why those two handsome guys are so keen on Mary. She seems like she has no idea what it's like to laugh. And I guess Edith will just be a limp noodle for this season.

I do like that we are seeing more and more of the downstairs interactions.

Why do they keep Thomas around I wonder? Robert seems to dislike him as much as the staff.

Riviere

09-09-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Too bad Edith has to deal with leaving the area to give up her baby! Yet nobody seems to want her "damaged goods" foolish self. I'm hoping Cora or her mother will learn the truth!
Mary is as usual apt to Be In Charge since she's headstrong and not too maternal...

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
omg, the finale was wonderful, such drama for everyone. Lovee Mrs. Hughes, love Anna, wasn't too thrilled with Mary accepting the new "rich" charles though. everyone was upto some shenanigans

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Wonderful finale! Can't wait to see the next season

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
That was a great finale. At least it ended on a positive note.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
It was a great season. No complaints here.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Loved it. :-)

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 1:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Delicious finale!! Loved how Cora's mother got all up in Violet's grille!

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
What a wonderful show; the characters and the writing just pull me into the story each week.

SPOILER! Mary really stepped up literally and virtually to that fireplace; but I noticed we were not shown the complete burning of that ticket.

Too much to discuss right now; I'm going to watch it again tonight.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Loved the finale too!

So many unanswered questions:

Did Bates kill Green?
Will Mary choose Blake or Gillingham?
Will Edith find Michael?
What does Barrow have on Baxter?
Will Branson and Bunting become an "item"?
Will Mrs. Hughes and Mr. Carson become an "item"?

Why do so many of their names begin with a "B"

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
The costume designers outdid themselves on last night's finale. Each outfit was more beautiful than the last; each evening gown was more sequined and embroidered than the last. And the hats (and some necklaces), were terrific.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I really liked Daisy's outfit in the beach scene. The color was so right for her.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I loved everything about the beach scene. It was a wonderful, fun hour and a half!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Yes, the beach scene was great. So nice to see them all outside for a change and wearing colorful clothes.

The entire episode was filled with beautiful fabrics, sequins and colors.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Edith, Edith, Edith, I really felt for you last night and I hope it all works out for the best.

Oh..hi TVCH, just a message for Edith.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I know Egbok, somehow things just don't go in Edith's favor. Michael met up with the Brown Shirts....we all knew this trip wasn't going to go well. Poor Edith, my heart broke for her. And the clothes were marvelous.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
The finale was great. Surprised they never found anything to do with Barrows this season, but hopefully he'll be back next time. Judging by that clenched fist when he was talking to Carson, he's still got issues.

Loved that Edith finally took her life into her own hands, whether her decision was right or wrong. I can only imagine eventually the truth will come out.

Glad they finally dealt with the Ivy/Daisy friction. And I loved seeing Carson and Hughes together at the end.

Strange to see Lord Grantham so fanatical about sparing the royal family having a scandal that he'd put his own family in jeopardy with a breaking-and-entering scheme.

My favorite part of all was when Baxter told Mosley that she wasn't afraid anymore, because whatever happens won't be worse than being afraid. So true. I also loved his reaction when she told him his strength had made her strong. "My what?"

Mosley kind of reminds me of Charlie Brown. He never seems to get ahead, but I can't help but hope he will someday.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Curlyq. Luv ur post! Esp Mosley/Charley Brown. :-)

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
According to Wikipedia: "The Sturmabteilung (SA) (German pronunciation: [ˈʃtʊɐ̯mʔapˌtaɪlʊŋ] ( listen); Storm Detachment or Assault Division, or Brownshirts) functioned as the original paramilitary wing of the Nazi Party. It played a key role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1920s and 1930s."

That may well explain what happened to Edith's Michael

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The finale was fun to watch and the clothes of Edith and Mary were quite nice.

Random thoughts on the finale:
*Barrow will find out about Mary's baby.
*The Prince of Wales led a scandal ridden life !
* Mr Carson is a big a snob as Mary is.
* Isobel and Violet disagreeing are a hoot.Then you throw in Mrs.Levinson for icing on the cake.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Seeing Cora's mother and brother, I find it hard to believe they are related! Cora seems so much a part of life at Downton, its difficult to think that she came all the way from America not knowing anything about what its like to be one of these people!( Some kind of episodes about Cora;s story would e fun to watch) The mother and brother seem to be rough and edgy and do nothing to hide their disdain of upper class life in England. I dont blame them for some of their reasons I wish they would just be quieter about it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Paul Giamatti can do no wrong. He was absolutely perfect playing Cora's brother. The man is a master actor! I love him in anything he's ever done.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
OG, I agree about Paul Giamatti. He was perfect playing the self deprecating rich man, who's really hurting underneath. When he went up to shake the hand of the Prince of Wales, I felt so bad for him. While I don't really care for the Shirley MacLaine character (hate her hair), the show would do well to cast Mr. Giamatti on a regular basis. I would love to see how the relationship with the young girl would turn out.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
He was masterful as John Adams. Kooklie, if you've never seen it get the mini-series from the library. Won the Emmy for that performance.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
"Mr Carson is a big snob as Mary is."

I don't think Snob is quite the word I'd use for Mary. Mr. Carson, yes. Mary...my word for her is much stronger. LOL.