TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 17, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 17, 2014 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LOL GAL, that's an Emmy-winning ep for sure, eh?!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I can't wait for nosy Thomas Barrow to found out that Lady Edith is "knocked up "

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Just watched the latest episode tonight.

Okay, so does everybody else know that Thomas Barrow is gay? I think it was, who, Mary and her mother talking about the upcoming trip, and Mary said something about deck hands and cabin boys for Thomas to admire? Did I just make that up?

I only started watching this show this season, so everything is new to me.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
jooj dahlink there have been at least 2 or 3 storylines about Barrow being gay. The family knows as do the staff. For his story arc alone it is worth catching up from the start of the show. His character has grown and is one of my faves now.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I thought Lord Grantham didn't know that Thomas was gay. He seemed to believe he wasn't when the other footmen accused Thomas.
I know all the staff know, and I'm sure, Mary, but her comment seemed strange to me, too. Maybe it was just the context. I just don't think it would be something that she would say - especially to her father back then. But maybe I'm forgetting something about Robert finding out?

I don't think they have to worry about Bates killing Gilliam (or is it Gilliam's footman? - don't know the name). I think Mrs. Hughes may get to him first. I can see the entire downstairs bunch with pitchforks giving out their own justice if more of them knew.

I could see Mary's point about them paying their valet to be a valet. What exactly would they be paying Bates for the entire time Robert is going to be gone?

I kind of wish they would do something with the Daisy, Ivy, Alfred trio. It absolutely never goes anywhere. Give Daisy a storyline, please.

Violet was amazing as usual. I do love her and Isobel's scenes together. I also really like the friendship between Mrs. Hughes and Mrs. Patmore. And the chemistry between Mrs. Hughes and Carson.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Lord Grantham has known about Thomas being gay for a long time.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
How did he find out?
Never mind - I remember now that he did know right after that incident with James.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the answers to my questions! TVCH'ers are the BESTEST!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it was a big topic and storyline during the cricket match episode.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love this show so much! I was so afraid they were going to kill off Lady Violet. It was so sweet of Isobel to care for her without any rest for two days and two nights. She was also the one who discovered how ill Lady V really was. I was worried that it might be the flu again (we've just had the flu rampage through our house, and I can't imagine going through it without modern medicine!).

Every week I'm sad when this show is over. It just flies by!

And I'm so glad Lady Edith decided not to end her pregnancy. She would have always regretted it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Mr. Fellowes would never, ever kill off Violet. Maggie Smith is a huge attraction on the show and the only way Violet will die is if Ms. Smith retire or die. You can take that to the bank.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Plus, the national treasure that Maggie Smith is if he wrote her out of the show he would probably be ridden out of town on a rail…thoroughly tarred and feathered.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I. T. A. !!!! :-)

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
And coming up in Season 5:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/richard-e-grant-anna-chancellor-join-downton-abbey-season-5/

Love Richard E. Grant. He was wonderful earlier this seaon on a couple of episodes of "Girls" - I'm sure he'll be even better on DA.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I saw an article on Eonline this morning about "Cast Changes for Season 5 of Downton Abbey." I was afraid to read it, lest I get spoiled again (ala Matthew's departure from the show last year). I just don't want to know!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I avoid finding out anything like the site is a plague.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
have no fear. All the current articles have are the names of the new cast members but not anything about their roles so no spoiling happening.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Maggie Smith was on a roll yesterday...absolutely great.

I can't believe Bates murdered Mr. Green. What a foolish man. He does not deserve Anna.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Hmm, here's a thought. Anna was in London with Mary. Mary was lunching with her man of the moment and asked him to sack Mr. Green. What was Anna doing at that time? She sort of knew where they lived. Could she have lured him out to see her and pushed him into the path of whatever hit him? Probably not, but I'm trying to examine all the possibilities.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Wooooo ..............I feel asleep, there was a murder last night ? And I almost deleted the DVR recording this AM, so glad I did not.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I just have to say once again, love the Dowager and Isobel exchanges and I love the beautiful dresses the ladies are wearing!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm still trying to figure out how that creep Green 'fell' in front of the streetcar and with tons of witnesses. I am GUESSING that someone (Bates, of course) must have jostled Green in the crowd, tripped or pushed him, with his walking stick, and then... Oopsy! ;)

Anna would NEVER break the law and kill anyone, unless to save Bates... maybe.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I also noticed how beautiful the ladies dresses and hats were last night!

I hope Bates didn't take matters into his own hands with creepy Green.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
This week I watched the preceding episode prior to the current one, and whoa Nelly, there were a ton of nuances, that I'd missed. I am definitely going to watch this week's ep again next week, it was a corker as the Brits' like to say. ;)

I don't usually comment on their outfits, cuz to me, they are ALWAYS gorgeous.

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
I love the ladies dresses! And Isobel and the Dowager were so funny in the dialogs.