TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 01, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 01, 2014 users admin

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
It could be that the story originally seemed to revolve around the three sisters, one of which is now gone, and the other two have ceased battling each other. Most of the original fireworks came from seeing what Mary and Edith would do next to get the other's goat. Now they've both become a bit blah as their characters mature and settle into new lives. I don't like the story they've given Edith. Her boyfriend is dull and once again comes with baggage.

Still enjoying the show. I think I enjoy the downstairs characters a bit more, though.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Oh, I'm still all up in love with the show.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
does anyone else think that Edith is pregnant and that the father will disappear in Germany (a worse idea I have never heard lol) and she will be left hold the bag...or rather the baby???. She is looking gorgeous this season but isnt to swift in picking men....like a lot of girls.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I hope not, 2 babies on the show are plenty.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
She might be preggers, (to move the story along and to show us what a jerk that guy probably is for stringing her along,) but if so, after a lot of misery, she'll probably miscarry. Or she'll seek out an illegal abortion and almost die. Because that girl has no luck.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sure she has luck, Mame, it just happens to be all bad.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LOL OG, you are absolutely correct! ;)

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
What was the paper that Edith signed in episode 2(?) She never read it! I think she may be in for lots of trouble. Her aunt hinted that Edith would be sorry, so perhaps she knows more than we do about him??!!!!

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
She signed something that gave her access to and power over some of his assets I think!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
And possibly blame should anything should go wrong in his dealings.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It had to be something shady and the silly girl didn't read it. I got my season 4 DVD in the mail today!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I hope that piece of paper she signed doesn't come back to haunt her. When he saved Robert from that card shark, I figured he was a good guy and I was happy for Edith.

Debating getting that Season 4 DVD...

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Don't do it, Reenie. Downton is to be savored like fine wine, not chug-a-lugged like a Coke.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Don't do it, Reenie. Downton is to be savored like fine wine, not chug-a-lugged like a Coke.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Puts down her Coke and picks up a fine wine. Thanks OG, I needed that!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm a sucker for any period piece British offering. No one does it better than the Brits.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I chugged the Coke and I don't regret a minute of it. I watched it all online, but I'll never tell.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Jenj is a rebel!!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
So is Jasper, must be the J names.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lol. :-)

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
This time period in Germany was such a mess. It was chaos and anarchy, with rival factions shooting in the streets. Germans were emigrating by the thousands. Last place a sane person would want to go. It is annoying the way they're dragging this out. Kill him off and be done with it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Agreed, no sane person, safe in England in that period, would go off to Germany.

This is my first season watching this show. I thought I should see what all the hoopla is about.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just did a little research. This season of Downton takes place in 1922 and 1923. Although the economy of Germany was in chaos Hitler was still mostly on the back burner. He came into full power in 1925. So, there probably wasn't too much to be scared about when what's-his-face went to Germany.

Please feel free to refute what I have just written as I took only a shallow look at the goings on at that time.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking you're right, OG. I'm also wondering if Edith's beau turns out to be Jewish and gets caught up in the ensuing chaos in Germany. I just have a bad feeling about this whole situation. Poor Edith just can't catch a break.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Food for thought, that's for sure, BJM.