TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 27, 2014 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I never really noticed her being closed minded. She believed in gay rights and stem cell research. She did not believe in abortion but a lot of people don't. Yes, she did have different views than the others which probably seems extreme when 4 other voices on the panel think differently. I guess being close minded is all relative. I think Joy was closed minded to only one way of thinking too sometimes.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 1:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I agree, Lakecat.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
I like Elizabeth very much. She was certainly outnumbered on The View. I know that people did not like her voice, but that certainly is not a reason to not like her or her opinions. She might have sounded more combative on The View because the group rarely backed anything she said.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I really don't care for Jenny at all. I think she is kind of snippy and I don't see her lasting on this show, at least I hope not.

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
The show has become soooo boring. I don't think the other ladies like Jenny and she is as dumb as dirt. Jumped the shark? I'm afraid the shark ate the show, and what we are seeing is just plain shark feces.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
LOL, Lost! I don't watch the show at all as I wouldn't waste my time watching a bunch of opinionated women all talking over each other, but your post did make me laugh :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I like Jenny. But the ladies still talk over each other a lot. There's no point in listening or watching that. And though they all talk with their hands, BW seems excessive about it. Always has. That drives me bonkers. I'll be so happy when she is totally gone. Never have liked her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Radaronline has a new rumor that Jenny's job is in trouble.

I know the instinct is not to believe it, but most people didn't believe it when they first heard EH was going to be fired either.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/10/jenny-mccarthy-the-view-fail-barbara-walters/

As always, time will tell....

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't know EH was fired.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, yes she was fired.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
BTW, besides the news reports, you can tell a firing from when someone left this show on good terms. For one thing, the fired ones didn't get a whole show of goodbyes and dedications. I posted awhile back what I had looked up.

-----

Naja

06-28-2003
Friday, August 09, 2013 - 5:28 pm
Out of curiosity, I had to look this up. I found it interesting which hosts got spectacular send-offs when they left the show, and which ones didn't.

Ones that did:

Meredith Vieira
Joy Behar
Lisa Ling

Ones that didn't get an elaborate last show send-off:

Rosie O'Donnell (never came back after "the incident" so there was no chance anyway)
Star Jones
Debbie Matenopoulos
and Elisabeth Hasselbeck

eta: all EH got was the ladies at the table giving her a minute or two saying "See ya, good luck".

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I have noticed that it seems like Barbara does not like Jenny anymore. They have had some "dagger stares" lately. They were talking about doing your research before going on the red carpet Jenny had to have the last word and Babs was very unhappy with her. If she makes it through the month I will be surprised...and I really like Jenny, will be sorry to see her go.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Time for Barbara to go -- NOW !

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don't see where she was fired,only rumors of both her and Joy being fired.If true,I wonder why. She was hired as the conservative mouthpiece so it cant be for her views. Shes certainly no more controversial than an ex playboy centerfold that thinks vaccines are what caused her sons autism. I always got the feeling that BW was a tyrant micro manager,so both of them would be better off without her.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
I was at a View taping three weeks ago. I also did the same about 4 years ago. BIG difference with Barbara - she's somewhat frail and someone walks her onto the set and all the way to her seat at the table. The helper sort of touches her at the elbow as they walk, I'm not suggesting she's being carried (yet). lol

I haven't been a regular View watcher in well over a year so I'm not totally up on Jenny and how she's doing. But from an observational standpoint she was charming and engaging and nothing seemed awkward during this taping. She also took questions and photos with people from the audience during commercial breaks. They all do that... The View is the only show taping I've ever attended where you are allowed to keep your cameras *and* use them.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was at a couple of Oprah tapings years ago -- mid '90s. Talk about restrictions . . . . Geeeez. I was a guest on one -- not on stage, but assigned seat in front row so Oprah could talk to me on camera which was planned. So there was a card on my chair -- "Oprah Show and my name". Asked if I could take it as a souvenir? NO!. Restrictions. Restrictions. Restrictions.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Uh oh, today Jenny is talking about missing her son, who stayed back to go to his old school. She only sees him Thursday thru Sunday. ( today is prerecorded but i don't think it has been shown). I can see this as a way for her to leave the show and still look good. No Babs there today.

Ann

09-27-2005

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
I don`t know how reliable this source is so take it with a grain of salt.

Katie Couric’s talk show has been cancelled

Katie Couric’s talk show has been cancelled, Gossiping Pens can be the first to exclusively reveal Couric, who kicked off a second season with Lil Wayne on September 9th, hasn’t been bringing in the viewers, thus not bringing in the ratings and resulting in the cancellation of her show.

Couric has been no stranger to failure, leaving the Today Show in 2006 to host CBS News, where she sat in the anchor chair until 2011 and was met with luke-warm reviews. Ultimately, Couric was fired by CBS and Scott Pelley took her place

But don’t feel bad for Katie just yet! She recently got engaged and has a wedding to look forward to; she’s also set to replace Barbara Walters on The View in 2014.``

http://gossipingpens.com/page/4/

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
?? If Katie can't hold her own show, how's she gonna make it on The View? When there was first talk about Katie having a talk show, I was looking forward to it. Now I usually record it, then watch and FF through a lot. Not liking Katie.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Doesn't seem like any talk shows make it.Kris Jenner just seemed so uncomfortable,Bethany is silly and Katie was boring. I liked the few times Ive seen Queen Latifah but Ive always been a big fan.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I love Queen Latifah, but she seems so nervous or uncomfortable. And I don't like her set, too claustrophobic. I do hope her show does well tho.

Ann

09-27-2005

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
"?? If Katie can't hold her own show, how's she gonna make it on The View? When there was first talk about Katie having a talk show, I was looking forward to it. Now I usually record it, then watch and FF through a lot. Not liking Katie."

For 15 years Katie co-hosted the Today Show with Matt Lauer so she's no stranger to co-hosting. If the rumors is true,and depending on the chemistry with the women, I think she'll do fine, as she seems to do better playing off of other people rather than shouldering a show of her own.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Good show today. Interview with Cuba Gooding, Jr. Funny and interesting. And then they had the former "fattest man in the world" on. I'd never heard of him -- Paul Mason from England. He weighed 980 lbs. He ate 20,000 calories per day. Four years ago he had gastric bypass surgery. He has lost 680 lbs. (More to go.) But now he needs skin reduction surgery. His U.S. doctor said excess skin doesn't weigh as much as you'd think, but his excess skin could weigh up to 100 lbs. He said he's raising money for the surgery. Then BW said The View made some phone calls and NY's Lennox Hill Hospital is donating the additional $17,000 for the surgery. Brought tears to Paul's eyes.

Oh geez. He's got a U.S. girlfriend. She was there. Attractive. They met on-line in August. They are . . . . Dim the lights -- she proposed to him. He accepted and had to be told to "propose back".

Missy890

05-24-2011

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
The Gosselin twins were on the View being interviewed. This interview went a lot better than the Today show interview but looks like Katie will have her hands full with Mady. Cara is a little more reserved but I see clashes in the future with Mady.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was just reading that Rosie O'Donnell will be back as a guest on Feb 7. I think it would have been a bigger audience grab if they hadn't waited until EH was gone to have her back.