TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 14, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Golden Globe Awards: Archive through January 14, 2014 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm glad you stayed around too, nana. It's been fun everyone. Night night!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed tonight's show. Funny opening by our hosts, but then they mostly let the show go on.

Glad Bryan Cranston won for Breaking Bad. Nice speech. Nice speech from Jared Leto -- surprising! Love it when they do more than thank a list of people.

Was so glad to see Leo win. Classy speech. Loved when the hosts introduced him with their "warm welcome" joke. Seemed like they tried to beep it but missed.

I like that the awards seemed spread around and not one film or show winning everything. Can't wait to hear Oscar noms this week.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
It was fun!! Night all

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm going to give Brooklyn 99 another shot, the first time it didn't do a thing for me.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Circling back to give a shout out to everyone who hung out here for the Golden Globes last night. It was fun reading your comments and wondering if you were all having the same reactions as I was as the show was occurring. Let's do it again for the Oscars!!

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Where was Woody Allen?

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Lakecat....re: Brooklyn 99. I just watched all the episodes over the Winter Break and I too had troubles with getting into it. However after about the 3-4 episode the characters grew on me. Did I think they deserved to win over some of the others? No. There is one character, grumpy chick cop that seems to be a copy of what's her name from Parks & Rec show who is also grumpy and scowling all the time. I like that character but I don't like copy-cats.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Nessietessie....I too was wondering where Woody Allen was? They didn't mention why he couldn't attend. I love Diane Keaton but I found her acceptance speech too long winded.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
If I remember right he plays a clarinet every Monday night in some club so has never (to my knowledge) been to any of the major award show because they are always on a Monday.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I too was impressed with Leo's speech. He made a good accounting of himself.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
If I remember right Woody doesn't believe in Award shows so wouldn't attend even if they were held next door on a night he was free. :-)

I love Diane Keaton too and I'm glad they let her ramble on a bit long since Woody wasn't there. Her book is very enjoyable -- I listened to it on CD.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ill go e it another shot Miz.
My goodness Diane Keaton was extremely thin. Did y'all read what Mia Farrows son tweeted.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
I wonder why Woody Allen was honored if he does not believe in award shows and would not attend. I had to get up out of bed last night to google to see if he had died or was sick. And yes, I saw what his son is saying. :-(

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Where are all these shows that won so many globes?? I feel like I've been watching tv in an alternate universe...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Spunky, I know what you mean.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I felt the same way. NONE of the shows I watch (and there are many, varied, and all very good!) were nominated for anything, other than Modern Family (can't remember what for, however). I think the Foreign Press has a very limited picture of the talent, shows and movies that are deserving.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
what was Woody's son tweeting?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't watch any of the shows that won except for one time watching Brooklyn 999. I thought it was pretty dumb and a waste of Andre Braugher's talent.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Texannie- Woody's son (really Frank Sinatra's son) tweeted "Missed the Woody Allen
tribute - did they put the part where a woman publicly confirmed he molested her at age 7 before or after Annie Hall?"

Woody's daughter said that her father sexually molested her when she was seven.
It went through the court system here in Connecticut, but it was decided the charges should be dropped because they didn't want to have his daughter testify.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
wow!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing, Spunky. Regular network TV must be considered lowbrow.

Woody has had a few questionable things come up in his personal life.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Couple things here. Mia Farrow, who were s nutty in yet own right, has recently taken to coyly suggesting that Ronan/Satchell is Sinatra's kid. I suppose it's possible, and she certainly knows whether she was simultaneously sharing her reproductive organs with multiple men better than I, but her timing in making these nit quite fully hatched revelations is interesting.

2. Woody didn't have a daughter f any age around the time of Annie Hall. He and his wife have recently adopted two girls, but that all happened more than 30 years after the film was made.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I question the timing of many of the revalations coming out of camp Farrow. The alleged molestation incident happened while she and woody were together, but wasn't accused until she found out about his affair? All the while she's having affairs. The son, if he really wasn't woody's bio child, wouldn't you think he'd get some kind of genetic test done to prove this? He obviously hates the man. I would -- I'd get the documents to prove we weren't related if I hated him that much. Just lots of innuendo and accusations. The bitterness in in the Farrow family is palpable. The whole bunch give new meaning to putting the fun in dysfunctional! I think many are surprised that his marriage to Farrow's adopted daughter has lasted so long and they now have children. It seems he has built a nice little stable family and I'm sure it really irks them about that too.

But the award has nothing to do with his scandalous personal life. It's about his artistry which, as a movie lover, I'm thrilled to celebrate. He's a creative genius and very well loved by foreign audiences, so the Hollywood foreign press celebrating him is no surprise. He's also adored by actors. Like Scorcese, everyone wants to work with him.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Woody Allen was having an affair with his 16 year old step-daughter whilst he was with Mia Farrow. Mia found naked pictures Woody had taken of her. He's now married to that former 16 year old, but still. Ugh. Haven't seen a Woody Allen film in years. I don't care how talented he is. He still makes my skin crawl. Why does Hollywood look the other way when child molestation is done by a "creative talent." Disgusting.

P.S. Ronan sure does look a lot more like Frank than he does like Woody. But then maybe that's Mia I see.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
TIA, Babyjaxmom. 100% on point.