TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 28, 2013 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I prolly need to watch this episode again.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think he was in jail for longer than overnight. Remember Harold said to him "you'd rather do time than die" or something like that. I got the impression it had been at least a few days for Fusco to be back on the job after that torture and injuries.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a bit rushed after turning the chief to the FBI, just a brief news release and the massive corruption case almost forgotten by the time Carter gets shot for good. If I had to choose between Fusco and Carter I would have kept her and got rid of Fusco. I guess the actors had different priorities and Fusco got to stay.

Maybe Finch was right about Root since he kept her locked up and Reese was saved without giving in to temptation to free her, I was hoping he would do that but I guess he knows better than me.

That bad bad bad guy is still out there but maybe he's badly hurt...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I guess that's it. The last five minutes of the show were very rushed. You would think as much as they flashback and show the year, they could have shown something like "ten days later," or whatever it was.

It looked like Carter got off a good shot on Simmons. He was definitely wounded.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Cast members talk about the death of Det. Carter:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/person_of_interest/video/Nc9PWGSocDda8eLP2j7xAYlwr_J_6Ipe/person-of-interest-detective-joss-carter-taraji-p-henson-dies-at-the-hands-of-hr/

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Taraji was on Letterman Wednesday night and explained that she did the show with the expectation of leaving it before it ended. She said she's more of a movie actor than a TV actor, even though a lot of actors are both these days.

I hate that she's gone, though.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm so mad! I accidentally clicked on an EOnline story a couple of days ago about "TV Characters Whose Death Shocked You" (or something like that). We hadn't yet watched POE, so I was furious to get spoiled about Carter's death. Ugh!!! They should put spoilers on those articles. I kept it to myself, but hubby asked me at the end if I knew she was going to die. I did, but I didn't want to spoil it for him the way it had been spoiled for me. Just like Downton Abbey's season finale was spoiled for me last season.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
That's why I don't record anything. I watch it when it actually comes on or might get it in a rerun. :-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I should admit that I do come here to be spoiled in American Idol.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 25, 2013 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I heard about that interview Lycan, so now I'm okay with her leaving. It sounds like she knew going in she wasn't going to be on the show more than 2-3 years.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 25, 2013 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, we hardly ever watch anything live. I love being able to skip the commercials. And I don't even have to know when anything comes on, so we never miss the beginning of the show. Only thing we watch live is sports.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, November 25, 2013 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I hardly watch anything except sports live too, but I do try to watch my shows later on that same night so that I don't get spoiled. I hate being spoiled, but it's so hard to avoid the spoilers, esp when something big happens.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 25, 2013 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think I must be rather dumb because I watch the commercials. I figure without commercials they couldn't afford to put on the shows that I like. I do think most of the commercials are pretty dumb too. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 25, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I saw the David Letterman interview, and as in other places, she did say she knew from the start that her story would have a beginning, middle and end.

But the interview itself was lame. She said very little about the show, and spent a lot of time giggling and being silly. Then again, it was right after he interviewed Jennifer Lawrence, who was downright off the wall. Very bizarre.

I never watch any of my favorite shows live either. I work most evenings until 9 or later, so I do watch some shows that I don't care if I catch all the details of them. But the ones I really want to watch, I DVR.

And my DVR, which is about 60% full, seems like it's going to kick over soon... so some I may never get to watch....

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 25, 2013 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We're old, so we're heading off to bed around 9:30. We record anything that comes on past 9:00 and usually watch it within a day or two, unless we're busy. The only show (aside from sports), we watch live/same night is Homeland. Gotta love Showtime: no commercials!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Elias!!!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
LOVED the opening Johnny Cash song.

LOVED how Fusco redeemed himself but Simmons still got his comeupance by Elias... and that leads me to the most important part of the episode...

LOVED how they were able to pay tribute to Carter's impact on so many of the character's lives - John, Fusco, Elias .. and how they ALL were loyal to her/had a bond with her.. yes we knew that she helped "save" John and Fusco but it was nice to have that reiterated in this episode...

and finally, as it ended, and we got to see a glimmer of where the show is headed, I thoroughly enjoyed how they (the writers/producers) were able to blend Root and Shaw into the show so that we already have connections to them, already have an interest in them, versus other shows who might kill off a character and suddenly throw in new characters afterwards to take the storyline forward. With HR done with, the team can get back to saving lives, which is what they were there to do in the first place - even though we got many many backstories last night about how the characters are prone to take lives when needed... and now we can see that John and Harold have Shaw and Root on board to make that happen (save lives), with Fusco as support on the police side.. and we still have Elias lingering in the background and whatever other underlying stories to carry the show through the seasons...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Legal, I have said that I think they are going to try to give Root some sort of redemption storyline so we will accept her working with the team. I guess last night was the beginning of Root's redemption.

I loved how Elias took out Simmons. Carter saved Elias's life and he was going to avenge her death.

I may need to go back and watch it, but the only thing I'm confused about is how did Quinn, who ran the biggest crime organization in NYC, get out of federal jail while awaiting trial and into protective custody of the US Marshal? Are we to believe he was granted bail and give protection? I must have missed something.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The opening last night was so powerful. I didn't know that was a Johnny Cash song, but it was so beautiful. The whole thing had me crying. So well done.

Really good episode last night.

I just figured they were holding Quinn in a secret location for his own protection. No deals, just not safe for him to be in a regular jail cell.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Maybe so Brenda.

I loved how John was physically unable to avenge Carter's death, Fusco couldn't kill Simmons because of the positive impact Carter had on him (and his speech to Simmons brought tears to my eyes), so Elias handled the matter and no one on the team has blood on their hands.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I agree Brenda - my impression was Quinn was in a secret location because "everyone" was out to get him...

They played Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" - which was actually a Nine Inch Nails song of all things - and one of Johnny's final major hits back in 2002
http://www.lyrics.com/hurt-lyrics-johnny-cash.html

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
While I am sad to see Carter go, I loved how they ended the storyline. Root working towards redemption, Elias avenging Carter's death, Fusco's admission that he couldn't kill Simmons because of Carter.....perfect prelude to what is to come!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
After being upset at Carter's death last week, I totally agree with all of the above comments about how well they've handled it in the continuing story and how they've woven other characters in to continue. Good job on the writer's part as well as having an excellent cast!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, November 28, 2013 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I re-watched this past week's episode. I always find that I miss something the first time when a show moves as fast as this one.

On the POI FB page, last week the fans went nuts that they killed off Carter, and this week they are all loving them some Elias and can now accept Carter's death now that Elias has avenged her. LOL

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, November 28, 2013 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl so true we need closure! I had to watch the last 5 mins of her death and watch the following week to close the book lol. And the scene in the pilot with Carter talking to John as the bum and the conversation with John just before they walked out of the station is the same. Exact words, that was closure for me.