TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Homeland: Archive through November 18, 2013 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh and the scene with Dana and the rug, heartbreaking. She was like a little girl missing her daddy.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I need to pare down my cable tv bill but I don't wan to miss "Homeland" or "Boardwalk". Are non premium subscribers waiting for netflix, etc or are how you watching ?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im watching it on showtime...I had ST for Dex and will keep until Homeland season ends...in the future I will prolly just wait for netflix

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well, that was depressing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nobody else had comments on Sunday night's show? I wonder if that's the last we'll ever see of Brody. He certainly seemed a lost cause at the end of the hour.

Clare Danes sure plays crazy well. She makes such ugly faces when she cries! Some people "cry pretty." Not Clare. Yikes!

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Brody will rise on another day.

Clare Danes has mastered the art of portraying girl/woman with conflict, confusion issues. I forget the name of the show she was in as a young girl she was great. It was one of my favorite shows, captured the angst of teen years perfectly.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
"My So-Called Life" was the show that put her on the road to success.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
that is the show. I loved it. loved all the characters.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I never saw that tv show, but the first time I remember Claire was in a the remake of "Little Women" from 1994. She played Beth March, the sickly younger sister of Jo. She was unforgettable in that movie if you ask me. Her facial expressions were just as intense. Specially when they brought in her piano for Christmas.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't believe it. I found the scene on youtube where Beth (Claire Danes) is presented with the piano. You can almost see Carrie when they pull back the curtain on the piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Shxwot06qU

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
My So-Called Life can be viewed free on HULU 19 episodes -

http://www.hulu.com/search?q=My+So-Called+Life

(wish I'd known that before I bought the DVDs lol)

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
huh?

for the record, I was ready to hurl something at the TV when we found out Dana's boyfriend might be a homicidal maniac, I mean really now.

That last scene threw me for a loop.

I still don't quite understand the money laundering business, but I suppose I really don't have to.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
And how cozy that Dana's boyfriend is being portrayed by Sam Underwood, who you may recall also played Zack, the homicidal maniac (of sorts) on the final season of Showtime's "Dexter" - hmmmmm.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
More about last night's plot twist on TV Guide. Helps make what we've seen so far more comprehensible

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thank you Tishala! I hope the promise of the pace picking up is not an empty one. And suffering through more Dana angst better be worth it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Tish, agreed. Especially since that actor played same character on Dexter this season!!!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised people aren't talking about this week's episode at all. I thought it was pretty brilliant, even the Dana storyline. The scene at the end with the people abducting Carrie was great and felt like the scene between Carrie and Brody's wife was great.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
And wasn't it scary how much the actress who played "Lisa" resembled Claire Danes? Great casting job - she's got to be CD's stand in, at least. The tightrope-walking switcheroo at the yoga studio was plenty nerve-wracking.

I agree that the Carrie/Jessica scene was riveting, especially how -- despite their previous stormy encounters -- Jessica begged Carrie to help find Dana.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wow!! So if Carrie knows she is preggers why is she drinking booze?

I literally gasped out loud, twice!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe she's hoping she'll lose it? She seems pretty much in denial. Hence 100 pregnancy tests, when one--okay two just to be sure--would have done the job.

This was a very intense episode. How old is Dana anyway? I couldn't believe her mother didn't at least ask her to call and check in. Who's paying for her phone anyway???

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
BJM thanks for explaining the 100 pg tests. I didn't know if they were used or unopened. It made no sense to me. 100 used & in denial makes perfect sense but I didn't get it til you "splained" it to me lol. Which makes sense for her being so matter or fact about it, yep still pregnant. So is it Brody's or the random's child? I have no clue about the timeline on here.

How did the cops get to the house so quick?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
per Chrone -

I'm a former psychiatric nurse- of course Carrie would have had a pregnancy test in the hospital. It's standard, especially when meds are being prescribed.

per Christian

In regards to the pregnancy tests, some anti-psychotics can cause false positives. I think Carrie is seeing if those meds are "out of her system" as she quit taking them in a previous episode.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-homeland-still-positive-cry-baby-cry#CWiPq0LB04YtBVdm.99

So I'm confused if the meds caused false positives, then why would a hospital bother testing her.

If what Christian says is true, she could just be monitoring the meds in her system but I think that would be a stretch. I then wondered about why keep the used tests but I guess she could count them up to figure the number of days but this is another stretch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Upon further thought, I don't think Carrie's baby could possibly be Brody's. Isn't this supposed to be 6 months after the bomb at the CIA? If she hasn't seen Brody since a day or two after the bomb, how could it be his? Carrie, you s*l*u*t!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
or maybe she did see him :-)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Another great episode last night.