TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 20, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 20, 2013 users admin

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
OH MY WORD! I did not see that coming!

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
aw man! I KNEW it as soon as they kissed!

so bummed!!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Heart and soul of the show in my mind - as integral as John and Harold are....I knew Simmons was going to ambush someone - way too much time left at the end of the episode!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Awww, crap! Heartbroken. I don't understand. I have to wonder if the actor got another gig? Wanted to move on? WHY? Why? WHY??!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    

Did anyone else think Carter got her position back as detective really fast? I'm wondering if her being "demoted" to street cop was part of a bigger ruse to bring down HR.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was elated when Busco lived and then that?

Is there any slim chance that she is unconscious but the ambulance arrives in time to save her? If she's leaving the show, I hope it's because she got an even better gig. She played her character great in this ensemble!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I dunno Kappy. I think when the telephone was ringing at the end, that the was machine calling Finch to give him Carter's number.

I did notice in the previews that Root is working with them to bring down Simmons and whatever is left of HR that hasn't been caught (but I think Simmons is the only one left). I wonder if we are going to have a redemption story for Root because they sure aren't in a hurry to kill her off any time soon.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
No slim chance.

But sounds like we may see her in flashbacks.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/20/person-interest-jonathan-nolan-greg-plageman-carter-death/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/20/person-interest-taraji-p-henson-interview-carter-death/

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
If they are all going to bite the bullet at some time then why am I investing my time in this show?

They wanted to shock us, they did that! I agree the phone ringing was because her number was up. I was yelling at the screen for Finch to call an ambulance, don't just stand there.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Um, who died? And who kissed??

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
John and Carter kissed and Carter died.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
YEah, I didn't much like that statement either. Certainly gives me pause. It's interesting that she knew her character had a 2-3 year arc. I don't feel so bad about it from that perspective now -- it's not like she thought she had a set gig and then got fired. I'll be interested to see how the show changes now. I do like that they are trying to keep it fresh because shows can really get old and lose their way after a few seasons.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lazylu. I'll have to think about whether to watch or not.

Not sure why John and Carter would kiss when I thought he was bedding that other gal?

I think they could keep it interesting without killing off beloved characters. Obviously, they'll still never kill off John or Finch. It means to me that they lack some creativity if the only way they think they can keep our interest is to kill people. Not liking it.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I'm not liking it either.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The kiss was not romantic IMO. He wasn't making a move on her. It was more a gesture of thanking her, showing how much he cared for her. It had an innocence about it, IMO.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I agree Brenda - it was not some romantic kiss - more of a good-bye because John wasn't sure HE would make it out alive last night - as tough as he is - and he wanted to say good-bye/thank you ... to me the touching on the face was more powerful than the actual kiss... it was like John let down his guard for one small moment to show Carter just how important she was to him and how much she had saved his life...

Karuuna - if you can handle seeing a beloved character die, its worth watching the episode - great moments with Fusco and Shaw.. and actually I thought the whole show was full of intimate moments in non-romantic ways -- even between Finch and Root...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was a good episode. My heart was pounding. Many good moments.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I too agree about the kiss.

I hated the outcome of the show, but it was worth watching.

I would like to see the show go back to helping ordinary people and maybe not always in New York.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree... it definitely was not a romantic kiss, and was more of a good-bye kiss. Kar, I would definitely watch it because next week they are going after Simmons and it looks like Root is working with the gang.

Did anyone else think the same that I did that they way Carter was "promoted" back to detective within hours of turning Cal into the FBI, that maybe the "demotion" was a set-up to bring down HR?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The writers also said they didn't want the show to fall into the trap of people getting bored mid-season waiting on the end-of-season cliffhanger.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I guess I can watch it right up till the end, right? I'm really not wanting to watch Carter get shot.

I still think it's a bad move for the show. JMO.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't think they give their fans enough credit for having an attention span longer then their age. If I am a fan of a show, I watch the whole season usually. I say usually because I did quit watching CSI Las Vegas.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I do too. From the looks of their Facebook page, their fans are either in denial (she's not really dead, it's just a ruse to protect her); and outrage.

In some shows, this technique works. In others, it backfires horribly. Since the ratings are already suffering from the move to Tuesday night, we'll see what happens now. I can't think it will help.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't think she was promoted within hours. We saw them days, maybe even weeks after the incident. Remember that Shaw mentioned to Fusco about him getting shot. He's back on the job already, so time has passed, IMO.

What's interesting to me is that they had decided early on that she would meet her end during the 2nd or 3rd season and they didn't waiver. Think about a show like Breaking Bad where Jesse was supposed to only be a season 1 character and they kept him on after that due to the chemistry. I guess they had a plan and stuck with it even though there was great chemistry there.

I also love how the creators compare this show to the Xfiles, because to me it does feel very much like that -- I have said "like the x-files" when describing the show to others. We have the self contained episodes where they save someone, and then we have the mythology episodes about HR or the machine. Same as XFiles.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I didn't think it had been that long. For some reason, I thought John had only been in jail for a day and released that night. I guess he could have been in there for a couple of days.