TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 07, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Homeland: Archive through October 07, 2013 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Finished season 2 -- whew!!

My impression was that Nazir had much of it pre-planned, as Brody said to Carrie after the explosion. Immediately after the explosion the network that Roya worked for was airing an edited version of Brody's confession tape. Nazir's successors were prepared.

In the article Babyjaxmom posted the creators of the show said Quinn's character would have a prominent role in season 3. I'm not sure where they will take S3, but it sounds like it won't be Brody-Carrie centric.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just a quick note to anybody who wants to try out this show while there still is a reasonably small amount of eps. (2 season's worth)

Showtime is having its annual free preview weekend, Friday, January 11 through Sunday, January 13. All the major tv providers are included in this offer.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I just started to watch this show since it finally aired in Canada on Bravo channel. Wow! I had no idea, after seeing the actors winning awards I got curious and I started watching and luckily enough from the very first episode. I never liked the red haired actor (British!!) because of previous roles, but in here he's really good. Claire Danes is very down to earth and vulnerable and I hope she keeps following her good instincts.

Just like House I caught on this show years after it started and it's like a good book one discovers for the first time and enjoys after so many already bragged about it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
oops, I think I'm the only one who's watching this for the first time and I need to read what everyone said above.

Very engrossing story... but I start to see a bit of a '''stretch''''' in some of the logic. Even I from my lazy-boy chair was screaming... Duh!!! They should have realized right away the blade came from Brody and for them to say it was impossible... oh my, check the tape again, they get into a fight and that's when the blade struck... come on! CIA??? Mmmm

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
okay, to me it starts to feel like a soap opera, I understand the various cliffhangers to which I already seem to have an answer and only to see it validated on the next episode. But sometimes it makes me feel like the whole story is laughable and thank goodness in real life it could never happen... Oh well, it's fun to watch but I'm glad it's just tv stuff...

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
When does Homeland come back? Does anyone have the date? Thanks

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my guess it will be right after Dexter ends in Sept.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Yes, Sun. Sept. 29...we have to wait so long.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thanks everyone.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
why the need to justify why US soldiers come back as terrorists? Why is it left to the tv audience to judge on the matter, is he or is he not a terrorist. This show is becoming more and more like the tv series Deception, they're leading us on a merry chase of the terrorist, it all points to Walker, okay I say yes to that but why are they so undecided with Brodie, okay it's up to me to decide.. oh well.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
My DH's brother told us to watch this we knocked out both seasons in a matter of a week it was THAT good lol now I can't wait for season 3 and am I the only one that wants Carrie & Brodie together? LOL

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Yes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Tish! Angel, I want them together but I want his wife and his buddy together more

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, September 01, 2013 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I'm currently watching the first episode of the third season. I don't think it's going to air until the end of September, but as you can imagine, it's about how Carrie, the Brody family, Saul, et al acclimate themselves to the aftermath of the second season finale.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 01, 2013 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just so everyone knows, Homeland ep 1 of season 3 is available at all the popular download places....

Mictay

09-29-2006

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Watched it last night! Thanks for the heads up!!

Should be an interesting season!! Claire Danes is just so brilliant on this!!!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja, I will try to find it.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Can someone PM me link. Tx

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
hooray for 20 something sons. What an amazing episode, loved it. Will watch again when it comes on SHO

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Congrats to Claire and the writers for their victories at the Emmy Awards. I'd hoped Mr Patinkin would win one, too, but it was not to be. (And honestly I can't believe it won for writing; the writing last season wasn't nearly Emmy material IMO)

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The storyline with Brody's daughter is really dragging down the show, i.e., they're devoting way too much valuable airtime to it. Or am I only one who thinks so?

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I agree, but I think Dana is the counterpoint to Carrie: both sorta crazy, but at the same time quite sane; both victims of the fallout from Brody's shenanigans; both using their sexuality in inappropriate ways.

The saving graces of last night's show was Claire Danes turning in another amazing performance and Peter Quinn. I also like that Saul is becoming a much more rounded, complex character. Much different than the Saul we had seen before this.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I loved this week's episode. So many great scenes.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Excellent analysis, Tishala - that makes sense to me. I just prefer more Carrie and less Dana. That agent they brought in to do the financial forensics was great. I hope they keep her around. It was also good to see Robert Newman (for many years on "Guiding Light" as Reva's true love, Josh Lewis) as the banker bad guy that Quinn put the screws to in the scene outside the restaurant.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the acting on this last episode was just delicious!
The new analyst scenes were so compelling, I'm already intrigued by her character.

Claire Danes shows us weekly why she got the emmy!