TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 20, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 20, 2013 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
BW has gotten worse and worse about interrupting and letting people talk.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
As much as I disliked Mrs Hasselbeck, it was mostly because her way of conveying her views was shrill and annoying. Ms McCarthy, on the other hand, is downright dangerous with her anti-vaccine mania.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tish, I wanted to mention that but I was afraid it was a touchy subject. I was hoping any replacements wouldn't have an agenda they are always pushing, and that's why I wasn't thrilled about McCarthy. Hopefully they give her some house rules about it.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
I thought they had 3 spots to originally fill, Joy's, Elizabeth, and Barbara's. They, now, fill 1 for Joy. I wonder who the next 2 will be. So far, I don't like this choice. JM can get on your nerves, at least mine.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
If Elizabeth spoke her own mind I would have loved it... unfortunately we never got to hear it, as an inferior mouth piece for Gettie she was pegged to be and she did it extremely poorly. But 'make sparks'? that she could do
The Peter Principle at work and she truly was an epic fail I give it three months at Fox

Dahli

11-27-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
Re Jenny's opinions on the ridiculous and dangerous vaccination schedule currently being pushed, I'm comforted by the quote by my old pal Schopenhauer.
All truth passes through 3 stages:

First, it is RIDICULED.

Second, it is violently OPPOSED.

Third, it is accepted as being SELF-EVIDENT

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Unless I'm misremembering, Schopenhauer said that TRUTH passes through those stages, not crackpot theories that aren't accepted by the CDC, WHO, pr scholarly medical journal.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
From a person who has no personal interest, looks like what Jenny says may be passing through first - second stages?

Dahli

11-27-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
LOL yes Color!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
That would presume she's speaking something akin to the truth; instead, she's akin to one of those birthers who insist, despite all evidence, that the President was born in Kenya.

But hey, don't let medical science stop anything when we can substitute emotion.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree with your post Dahli on EH being a mouthpiece for Bill Geddy and a poor one at that. Cant understand why Fox would choose her, but maybe she will be more informed and speak more eloquently when not having to fight to get a word in edgewise among 4 other outspoken hosts that think differently than she.I never understood why Barbra made EH so outnumbered.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I had the 'flu shot once and got sicker than I've ever been with a cough so bad I separated a rib. I was ill for 8 weeks! Next very bad reaction I had was to an allergy shot. Nope, don't take vaccinations any more and I don't let the vet give them to my cats either, only the very basics, rabies and FIV shot.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
Yes I said truth, that's the point of the quote.

That bought and paid for medical science?

Flat earthers struggled mightily with the concept of a globe as well.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
I am the same Holly I have never taken any shots and try to help people see what they do to their immune systems over all. My dogs were also spared that moneymaking circus.

Vaccinations do not mean immunization, people confuse the two and as a result continue to mess up their immune systems terribly.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Comparing flat earthers with people who believe in the vast body of science about vaccines is, I'm afraid, just a crazy analogy to me.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
IIRC, I remember getting series of three shots for flu vaccination during high school. They HURT !! Never got another for flu. Got what I guess could have been flu (some virus) once -- August of '81. I'll admit, won't forget that. It was bad. Just a few years ago I got shingles vaccination. That's it. None others. I'm not too much into vaccinations or drugs in general -- however they're administered / taken.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
There would be an awful lot of people with polio and smallpox in this country right now if vaccines didn't work.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
Yes Tishala I fully expected you would.

The polio vaccine scandal is an interesting one. What is tragic is that so many people don't look into things farther than what is presented as truth by the fox in charge of the...

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lory said "I thought they had 3 spots to originally fill, Joy's, Elizabeth, and Barbara's."

Lorry, Barbara isn't leaving for another year (summer 2014), so they only need to fill 2 spots for now, and Jenny got one of them, unfortunately.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Awww, I thought they really gave Joy a nice send-off show today. Quite different from just the couple of minutes they gave to EH.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Out of curiosity, I had to look this up. I found it interesting which hosts got spectacular send-offs when they left the show, and which ones didn't.

Ones that did:

Meredith Vieira
Joy Behar
Lisa Ling

Ones that didn't get an elaborate last show send-off:

Rosie O'Donnell (never came back after "the incident" so there was no chance anyway)
Star Jones
Debbie Matenopoulos
and Elisabeth Hasselbeck

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Where's Jenny? She has said her home base is in Chicago. I think she means Chicago area. Yesterday she said her son goes to school in the western suburbs. I am in the western suburbs. Where's Jenny? Has anyone heard her say any place more specific?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Her bio says she was born in Everygreen Park. So that's a bit more south.

I remember her talking about her cousin Melissa once on a show, and she mentioned something about Melrose Park. That always stuck in my mind because that's the town where I was born. Maybe one of them lived there awhile or something.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Watched Hasselbecks debut on Fox and Friends. It was nice to see her be able to talk without getting interrupted and her not getting ganged up on and outnumbered over her views. Her voice however is not suited for broadcasting the news,its too high pitched,it will take some getting use to.

Geri

07-08-2003

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Geri a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, i will agree about the outnumbered because there were more open-minded people on the panel than close-minded but she was the queen of interrupting and not letting others talk.

Her voice is worse on <93> because it can be heard more clearly.