TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Fashion Police

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fashion Police users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 29, 2014Carlpsmom25 08-29-14  6:15 pm
Archive through January 13, 2015Zippy25 01-13-15  9:00 am
Archive through February 25, 2015Cass_cat25 02-25-15  2:12 pm
Archive through March 03, 2015Gldnlvr25 03-03-15  12:10 pm
Archive through May 14, 2015Kappy25 05-14-15  12:15 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I like Kathy but I'm Team Melissa. I think what happened was Kelly didn't have Gulianas back during the oil and weed comment and Kathy followed suit. Those writers wrote that line for Rancic and still Kelly accused G and the show of racism and for whatever reason, Kathy backed up Kelly. The line wasn't even racist to begin with. Mean, maybe, but Kathy knew what she was getting herself into before she signed on. I think Melissa felt betrayed bc Kathy was a friend of Joan's.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I get that, Lake, but I also think Melissa is a spoiled entitled child who needs to stop talking. She's lived long enough off of her mother.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I really have never seen Melissa that much but the brief clips I saw of her on The Apprentice this past season totally turned me off on her. What a brat! And her mother encouraged it. She needs to grow up and put on her big girl panties.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think they were playing a role for The Donald.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Melissa and Joan Rivers had a stormy relationship. They did not speak for many years. What they ended up with was a relationship that would get them back in the spotlight and give Joan a comeback story. What we're hearing from Melissa is disappointment that it worked for her mother, but not for her. Joan was the talent and Melissa is just realizing that she's done nothing on her own and is failing without Joan.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I heard Melissa say one time that she was the 'straight man' for her mom's humor. That must have been tough to see that as your value to your mom.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I am a nobody and yet I saw right away that Kathy was the wrong replacement, why couldn't these people in Hollywood see what I saw right away? Beats me...

As for Melissa, I like the way she reconciled with her mother after whatever drift there was in their lives.

It's a shame that this show ended the way it did, or it will confirm that this show could only work with Joan and it died when she died.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, May 15, 2015 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I agree Spunky...

It seemed like the producers felt the need to replace Kathy with a similar personality. However, Kathy has ZERO passion for fashion...

Joan was simply irreplaceable...

I my humble opinion I think they should have left the cast alone and used a featured guest appearances. The humor should have been dialed back, from what I've read, Guiliana's ill-fated joke was written for her... In reality, Joan was the only comic in the bunch... more often than not the jokes from the others came off mean.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 15, 2015 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
As if Joan's jokes didn't come off mean? But she could get away with it because that has been her schtick for years...and because of her age. I think she worked that "slightly dotty nasty older woman" thing to her benefit. The problem that E had was that they didn't realize you can't write that kind of sharp, off the cuff gutter humor (and I wasn't a fan of it honestly) - it has to come from the person naturally. That just isn't who G is and it really came off poorly from her.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Was nice to have FP back tonight more in line with a gentler tone. LOVED Margaret Cho's joke about the dreads on Miley smelling like pot patchouli, got a huge laugh! Melissa has had some surgery to make her look even more like her mom. They could have not had Nene on the show. All in all I enjoyed watching it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Margaret Cho was hilarious. Nene was a waste of time and space. She really isn't a very attractive person, is she?

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
That she ain't, Roxip. Very full of herself too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, I noticed that Melissa has started to look like a Joan clone! I was wondering if I was just imagining things.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I hope she won't do much more surgery, she doesn't need to look like her mother, I liked Melissa more the way she was before the surgery. She definitely has the gift of the gab and does very well hosting (she ran the show behind the scenes before anyway) and the group seemed well in tune with each other. I love Brad, and although everyone was trying to be 'too' nice, I hope they stop saying... "I love, I love, I love" since some of the dresses they presented were anything but 'I love' type of dresses..

If they had started again with this group when they came back earlier in the year, I think they would have continued the show without the major controversy that got it almost cancelled. So, I'm glad they're back.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought it was funny when Melissa was down on hands and knees saying she was cleaning up all the mess and came up with a lint roller with purple( Kelly)and red( Kathy) hair on it

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 07, 2015 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So is Nene not on everyweek? I can't watch shows that she is on and this week they have Lisa Rinna.

I really don't like having Melissa on the show, but this group would be great without her.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think this group needs to make sure that their references are more up to date. Last week they referenced Tonya Harding...way old news (and there was something else that Melissa referenced that I thought most young people watching the show were just not going to understand). Although I'm old so I got it...LOL!

Margaret Cho is the best person on the show. My 18-year old thought she was hilarious and so did I. She was so quick and funny.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I liked Margaret as well on the show last night, she has kept the humour that the show needs. But I was so surprised when Brad said exactly what I was thinking about the dress that looked like she was wearing a 'shower curtain', wow! I could I have had the exact same thought. I agreed with most comments on some outrageous outfits, but the worst was really Johnny Depp, I too was shocked to see what he was wearing, I mean, you can dress as strangely as you like but you need to remain attractive in some way, but Johnny looked awful! I don't like when Brad starts his comment by saying "I absolutely love..." when I just hate what I see, but for the most part I agree with him. Margaret however brings back the humour the show needs. (I keep imagining what Joan would have said on most recent looks we saw on the show).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize it was coming on every week. I thought it was like last year and only after award shows. I hope they re play it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
There was a show Monday night and especially with Fashion Week in New York, they couldn't miss to show us the latest.

However, this time I felt more in line with Melissa's comments than the others, meaning "I don't hate it, I just don't understand it". I felt the same, not one single dress I found particularly 'hot, cool, bellissimo' nah, it was mostly 'blah'.

Brad "I love.. I love..." starts to bore me. It seems to me that now they are very careful of what they say... I miss Joan.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I miss Joan also... But I really like this format heads and shoulders above of what they did earlier this year with Kathy Griffin. I like the 2 guest Joan Rangers each week.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I caught a bit of the show where Brad was talking about and showing costumes from the upcoming movie Crimson Peak. Have they ever done that before (doing a focus on costumes) because I really enjoyed it?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Me too, I'd love to see more coverage on costumes as those designers are great!!

But the Emmy coverage was really boring, Joan would have me laughing so hard... but that's the past. Now I have to keep hearing... "I love.. I love... " Well, at least there was one who dared saying Gaga's dress was boring, I share the feeling, I was expecting a bit more coming from Gaga...
The yellow dress was so ridiculous that everyone said so and I agreed. But for the rest it was so so.. They do spend too much time on the same dress since everyone has to say their opinion, while I'd rather see more of the fashion they didn't cover. (or maybe because the same channel had Giuliana covering 2 hours of the red carpet show).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
What happened to this show? I googled and found nothing.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think it's not on every week... that they will have shows during awards season and during fashion week.

I thought perhaps they'd be on weekly after the reboot. I really like the new format... and the guest Joan-Rangers.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: