TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hell on Wheels: Archive through November 03, 2012 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I guess this thread, if there ever was one, dropped off.

Just thought I'd start it up since Hell on Wheels is returning in 6 days.....on August 12!

Hell on Wheels was unexpectedly engaging for me. I usually don't go for typical "westerns", which is what I thought this one was, but it's a lot more than that. I only gave it a shot because it was on AMC and they have such great series (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead)

It's got excellent writing and acting and there was even unexpected humor...the tough, no nonsense, crooked "sheriff" was a Norwegian guy that everyone called "The Swede", much to his chagrin. LOL The Swede is a great character played by Christopher Heyerdahl (True Blood, Sanctuary) and he kind of made the show feel a little like a Coen Brothers movie once in awhile, IMO.

I'm looking forward to this...it's actually coming back earlier than I expected. Season 1 ran from Nov 6 to Jan 15 and now it's back again for season 2 already!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Can't wait! I'm going to pvr the season finale as well as a refresher.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
So glad to see this thread! My DH and I promote this show to all our family and friends and no one seems to know about it. This is one gem of a show. Can't wait for it to return! BTW they are repeating season one on AMC all day Sunday. Can't wait!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i like how pseudo authentic the sets/ locations seem

its like all the small details are there, right down to the mud and the signs like Get a BATH here, 5cents. fresh water 10 cents LOL

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
it seemed different. i dont remember it ending on that note last season.

did NOT LIKE the sexing up of the show. if its going in that direction, i may stop watching.

the preachers daughter screwing the helper with her dad there listening really Pissed me off. in those days, they taught girls theyd burn in hell for showing an ankle. This is NOT realistic for the time period

gratuitous sex and it went on a little too long

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Excellent start to a new season.....this show is one of my favorites. I'm really glad that "The Swede" is back, I was worried that he had left the series after they tarred and feathered him and ran him out on a rail last season.

Dheiner

05-21-2011

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dheiner a private message Print Post    
Great show. I'm sure the butchering scenes turned some off, but having grown up on a farm, I'm hard to shock.

As for The Swede, he is a real shit stirrer, but if he keeps messing with Bohannon his deathwish will come true.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
You're right about that butchering scene, Dheiner. I was brought up on a farm, but we didn't do our own butchering. Yikes, was it graphic! Love Bohannon but even he may be over his head with this war that is about to begin with the workers.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, September 24, 2012 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else watching this series? Last nights episode with Bohannan and Lily was so good! The Swede is bonkers! Looks like Dumont comes back next week!

Happygal

11-15-2004

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
I'm watching. One of the better shows on tv right now. And I agree about the scene with B & L. Can't wait until Dumont finds out!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 4:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I'm watching, too. Haven't missed an episode. I was so happy that Cullen & Lily got together. It was nice to see him smile. We haven't seen that from him very often...if at all.

Something tells me that Durant coming back will mean trouble for Lily &/or Cullen (either together or separately), though. Hopefully, Lily will be able to use his fraudulent bookkeeping to keep him in line.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I cannot believe that this season's series is about to end already. When they said only three more episodes I was confused if they were counting last Sunday's episode as one of the three. I think there is trouble ahead for Lily. He's a possessive man and I'm afraid he won't want to let her go. Fraudulent bookkeeping to keep him in line...good thought Whrlwnd. That might do it. Or that kind of threat might get her killed.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
I can't believe they killed off Lily.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
That was a helluva finale! In fact it looked too final to me.....so I looked online and I could find nothing to assure me that Hell on Wheels will have a third season.

I did find a few articles online talking about Hell on Wheel's poor ratings this year compared to season one....but nothing definitive on a third season.

I only looked for confirmation because this episode did come across like a series finale. I hope not....it's one of my favorite shows.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 2:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
caught the finale, which meant nothing to me as i'd only caught the Season premiere. Most others I know also have this show on tape/pvr and still havent even started to watch.

guess thats why ratings dropped.

sorry but these SHORT seasons with LONG months between KILLS any show. When i notice most of my fav old series had a minimum of 20 episodes a season, i wonder who thought HALF that number would guarantee a faithful fan base??

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry to say that I thought that was a disappointing ending. :-(

I, too, thought it seemed awfully final...

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Im watching the first season and we are about half way thru it. love it. Wished I would have recorded the second series. Does anybody know if they will re air the second season like a marathon?

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 12:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I certainly hope this is not the finale of the series. I want to know more about Bohannan, Elam and Eva. Will miss Lily as she was the heart of the show. And is there any way the Evil Swede survived that fall into the water? However, my thoughts are that this is truly the end. Him walking off into the unknown on the rails sure looked like goodbye.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
the swede jumped feet first but that looked pretty shallow, not far from shore. I'm pretty sure he'll be alive if there is a 3rd season, he's a GREAT character.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I don't know, I thought it seemed like a set up for season 3. The Swede would survive, not giving Cullen the pleasure of hanging him and continuing to be his nemesis. And having him plant the stick with the red rag to me signified where he would continue on building the railroad for Lily. I want to know what happens to Elam and Eva and the other survivors.

Virginia Madsen was good as Thomas' wife, but I imagine she won't stick around and Thomas will be off to jail.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I hope there is a season 3. I couldn't believe Evil Swede killed my fav character.
The Swede has nine lives but he's already used up 3 or 4 and I have no doubt if the series continues he will be back.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like they renewed this for a season 3 on Monday Oct 29, but yesterday, Nov 1, the showrunner dropped out so it's now on hold!

'Hell on Wheels': Showrunner exits, putting season 3 renewal on hold

NOV 1 2012, 06:07 PM ET

Hell on Wheels may be spinning its wheels for a little while. John Shiban, the showrunner of AMC’s birth-of-the-transcontinental railroad drama, has stepped down, prompting the network to put Monday’s third-season renewal on hold, at least temporarily, while it searches for his replacement.

Here is the statement from AMC, and Entertainment One and Endemol, which produce the show: “John Shiban has informed AMC, Entertainment One and Endemol that while he was fully on board when the network informed him about their intent to pick up Hell on Wheels, he has since made the personal decision that he will be unable to return as showrunner. He has asked the production partners to seek a replacement showrunner. Like all of our shows, network pick-ups are always conditioned on an approved showrunner. We are confident that eOne and Endemol will satisfy that obligation in the near future.”

<snip>

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/01/hell-on-wheels-season-3-renewal-on-hold/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
If anybody here finds out if AMC is going to replay season two,Id appreciate if you let me know here.Thanks.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Sure will, Lakecat! I'll keep my eye out for it and let you know. And if anyone hears if there's a season 3 planned, I'd appreciate hearing about that too.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Ok, should have read above post from Sanfran...I think I need my afternoon nap. lol