TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Sherlock on Masterpiece (PBS)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sherlock on Masterpiece (PBS) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 29, 2013Willwillbee25 12-29-13  3:33 pm
Archive through February 03, 2014Kookliebird25 02-03-14  12:40 pm
Archive through January 02, 2016Kookliebird25 01-02-16  1:54 pm
Archive through January 16, 2017Dipo25 01-16-17  5:52 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You missed the whole episode? Watch online here:
http://video.kqed.org/video/2365931000/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Darnit, it was on earlier huh! I saw it is playing tonight on my other PBS station so I am taping it. I also screwed up my taping of Madam Secretary and Elementary! I must have had a brain fart last night.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I missed the ep too. Thanks for the link Kitt.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We finally watched last week's episode. The twists! A sister! I heard this last one was one of the best yet. Can't wait to watch it. My sister said I will be on the edge of my seat.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I'm a bit guarded as to whether it was the "best yet". I'm confused by a lot of it. You'd have to suspend reality for things that happened in the episode to be 'reality'.

For instance, how did they get from the island back to the old homestead? Who aided Euros? How did she go from overly intelligent and manic in her actions with Sherlock, John and Mycroft to practically comatose?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I agree, they are so inside themselves with the style of the writing and shock factor that sometimes they go a bit too over the top with it and it's beyond unbelievable.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am the opposite. I love the way the writers throw things at us. I am not watching to believe everything that happens. I am watching to shake my head and to say What?! And just to watch these two actors have such fun at what they are doing for us. How Benedict gets through some of his lines amazes me. They are huge run-on sentences,

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I love that part of the show, but I do think some parts are beyond believable - and that's difficult for my brain to let go.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's funny, it's fascinating at the time, but after it you just go, hang on....

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Euros was aided by the head of the island (the guy who killed himself). She, apparently, had the ability to 'convince' people to do her bidding. So, she, pretty much, moved around at will.

So, I read a blog somewhere about this episode. The gist of it was that Sherlock was the only sibling to be able to move forward because he had empathy that his sister and brother did not have. It was that 'human' connection that Sherlock had (maybe because of the loss of his friend, Redneck) which was different than his siblings (even though, at times, it did not appear so). While the others thought they were strong, in the end, Sherlock was the strongest of the 3. The fact that he was able to say "I love you to Molly" and meant it separated him from the other 2. Dr. Watson became Sherlock's 'Redneck' as an adult.... his friend.

I wish I could find it again because it helped me understand what was going on with the episode.

I think the sister could not handle that someone would actually be there for her after all that she had done and just shut down. Compassion may have thrown her for a loop.

I loved the scenes where Sherlock kept going back to the island with his violin and the last one, where the parents and Mycroft just sat there.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I understand Euros had brainwashed the governor to do her bidding but what about when he was dead, how did he help her then get them from the island to the homestead? How did a makeshift room appear for Sherlock to wake up in?

How did John get out of the well with a rope when moments before his legs were chained to the bottom of the well?

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
A good article on the latest episode:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/01/sherlock-showrunner-steven-moffat-the-final-problem.html

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, January 20, 2017 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Finally watched it and loved it! When a certain someone got off the helicopter, my daughter and I were "What?!" Loved that they incorporated him. I missed him. Thought it was very well done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I guess there was a fun mystery sort of game on BBC's twitter page; I am sorry I missed it.

http://geekandsundry.com/sherlocklive-brings-the-mystery-to-fans-on-twitter/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: