TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 16, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 16, 2013 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I've been on vacation and so able to catch the show for the last few weeks. I actually enjoy when the other ladies are on 'alone' even when they talk all over each other because that's what real people do when five of them get together and talk.

Then I watched yesterday with BW on and if any of the others even opened their mouth, BW was saying "I'm talking" or "What do I have to do to be heard around here?" She even held up her hand to stop the guest from talking not once but TWICE! The guest was looking at BW like 'why am I here if you don't want me to talk?'

It's just sad that she's going out on this type of a note but it's her own ego that's making her look bad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I noticed BW has been doing that a lot lately, and in a really grumpy manner. She doesn't seem happy at all lately.

I noticed in the TV listings that Debbie Matenopoulos is a guest today. I wonder if it was planned or a funny coincidence. Because I think Debbie was the very first host to be fired from The View.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Tishala stated:
NY Times is reporting Mrs Hasselbeck will replace Gretchen Carlson at Fox and Friends, and that will be her excuse to leave the show that wants to fire her.

breaking.......

I'm happy for Gretchen and I'm happier for Elizabeth.

If they bring in Jenny McCarthy, Barbara might have to retire even earlier.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It's going to be Elizabeth's last day today. I may be completely opposite of her in political views but I have no doubt that she can't wait to leave this show. It's painful watching the rest of them when BW is on. They literally just sit there and don't speak.

I really don't understand what BW expected. Did she think every show for her entire last year was going to be all about her? Has she not received enough accolades in her lifetime that she needs to do this for her ego? It's just sad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, I thought today was kind of a cold uneventful sendoff for EH. No cake, no montage tribute, nothing but a few words from everyone at the table in the beginning of the show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Debbie Matenopoulos tweeted:

"Rescheduled due 2 Elizabeth's announcement!! New date 2 come"

----
It really would have been weird to have her on today of all days....LOL

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Where is Gretchen Carlson going? Someone up above described EH as a loose cannon-maybe so when terribly and unfairly outnumbered by politically opposite minded women,but maybe not in a new environment.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Gretchen is moving to her own daytime 1 hour show like Shepard Smith has.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Within Fox News?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes. That's why I used Shepard Smith as the example.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
OMG is she really truly gone!?? I can watch again!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I have to admit that Elisabeth gave a nice little goodbye speech, albeit the Joy part was definitely bs.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
1 down... when they clear the rest of the table, leaving an hour of screen static I will consider tuning in again. LOL

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
LOL Rissa.... :-)

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Ditto, Rissa!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
LOL !

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, July 12, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Where is Gretchen Carlson going? Someone up above described EH as a loose cannon-maybe so when terribly and unfairly outnumbered by politically opposite minded women,but maybe not in a new environment.

Lakecat, she's going to be with two male co-hosts on Fox & Friends. One of them, Brian Kilmeade joked that she's coming to a job where she'll be allowed to talk, lol. She'll fit in fine with her two new co-hosts; they're silly and funny.

When is Joy's last day? Does she have something else going on?

ROFL, Rissa..that's about it, eh?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 12, 2013 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Cricket, she asked about Gretchen, not EH. EH is taking Gretchen's spot on Fox and Friends.

eta: and I can't wait to see EH on F&F. I am sure she will make a complete fool of herself.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
So they have named Jenny McCarthy as the new co-hose. I can only take her in small doses.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
YAY! Jenny.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mamie, I can't take her at all! I will NEVER watch this show as long as she is on it. She's even more polarizing than Elizabeth, in my opinion. Cannot stand that woman!!! Ugh!!!

Dahli

11-27-2000

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
Yippeeeee Jenny!!! I just flove her, anybody who isn't afraid to speak her OWN mind and tells it like it is is always a nice change. Hopefully TPTB won't muzzle her too much unless of course those heart warming drug companies are sponsors LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well that's one spot filled.... they still have one more empty seat to fill.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Elizabeth wasn't afraid to speak her own mind and was hated for it. I guess some are allowed and some aren't.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
But will BW let her talk?