TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 09, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 09, 2013 users admin

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I like Ali too , but she would be hard to "control" she is off the hook with her comedic ways. I know she grew up and is married in politics but that doesn't seem to be her interest. She is sorta a female Mario Cantone in my opinion.
I agree they need to get some younger people in there. If they are going political aspect they need knowlegable, respectful people which neither Joy nor Elisabeth are.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Though Ali Wentworth's mother was Nancy Reagan's secretary, she herself is a democrat so I don't think she will be speaking along the lines of Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
You should (have?) watched The View today. The show was devoted to Nashville (the show). Connie, Hayden, Charles, Clare, Sam, and Jonathan were on -- talking and singing. Jewel co-hosted. No Barbara or Joy today.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Barbara Walters Poised To Announce Retirement
Deadline

After years of speculation, I hear Barbara Walters may be finally ready to hand up her microphone. I’ve learned a plan has been put in place for Walters to announce her retirement, eyed for May. Fitting for Walters’ status as the grand dame of TV journalism and a signature face of ABC News, I hear she would be given a big sendoff with retrospectives and other special content in the weeks leading to her retirement that would celebrate her 52-year broadcast career. Walters had been determined to leave on her own terms, so it is unclear whether revealing the plans would make her change her mind and whether she would go for a full retirement or keep some TV presence with occasional appearances and specials.

Walters has been a trailblazer for female TV journalists, becoming the first woman to co-host a news program when she got behind the Today desk in 1974 and the first co-anchor of a network evening news broadcast when she joined ABC Evening News in 1976. She also anchored ABC News’ primetime newsmagazine 20/20 for 20 years.

Rumors about Walters’ retirement first picked up in December 2011, when TMZ reported of her remark to President Obama made into an open mic during a break in their interview that “I’m retiring next year.” ABC News dismissed the comment as a joke — Walters indeed did not retire last year. Her falling accident and subsequent hospitalization with chicken pox early this year also spurred rumors that she may be ready to reduce her workload. But she returned to work and resumed her duties on The View, which she executive produces and hosts, and at ABC News. A departure by Walters would add to what already is shaping to be a major overhaul of The View. Joy Behar, the only other original panelist besides Walters, recently announced she will leave in the summer. Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s future remains unclear and, despite ABC News’ statements about her long-term contract, speculation is that she will likely leave too.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Brian Stelter of the NY Times says:

Update to prior tweet: Yes, Barbara Walters is retiring...but not til May of NEXT year, says a person familiar with the plan.

A year of ABC specials will lead up to Walters' retirement. She'll remain on "The View" through May 2014.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
thank goodness, the end is near.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
BW, do us a favor and not go for another year.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Today they were back live after their two week vacation, and it was funny as heck how BW pretended to deny she is retiring. She never actually denied it. What she did do was say she that she isn't announcing it yet....LOL

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Oh, Barbara. T.R. Knight is on the show today. Leave it to BW to bring up the Gray's Anatomy mess and ask him about it. That is so in the past. That's what T.R. said -- it's the past. Whoopi then quickly changed subject to his current film 42. Barbara is so out of it all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Have you guys noticed that this past few eps that BW is much more stern with her "Don't interrupt me" warnings to the other ladies? I'm loving it for some reason....LOL

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I only watch when BW ISN'T on.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 3:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Ms Walters is making her impending retirement official on The View today. The NYT has an article that appeared online last evening abut ot. I'd link, but...phone.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Usually when someone retires, someone else will give you a tribute. Today BW gave herself her own tribute....LOL

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Do you think all those people were actually cheering because she's finally retiring?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
In other words, I just shouldn't watch for the next year?!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Naja, Whrlwnd, Kappy

LOL!

My TiVo took care of it for me. For few days, it simply left The View off the schedule. The one hour show before it was shown as two hours?! Today The View showed up on the schedule again.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Don't you just know Whoopie and gang wish it was a lot sooner.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't know anything about that "Will It Blend" guy before they had him on the show today. I have been having a blast watching his videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Blendtec

Dahli

11-27-2000

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
is it true that Jenny Mcarthy is the new host??

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I hadn't heard that. I just heard she and others were "in talks". I won't be thrilled about it if it comes true. I like her, but not for everyday.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
NY Times is reporting Mrs Hasselbeck will replace Gretchen Carlson at Fox and Friends, and that will be her excuse to leave the show that wants to fire her.

breaking.......

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
In fact tomorrow will be Mrs Hasselbeck's last days.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, now that's some fun news. Gretchen always seemed like a loose canon to me, so it's funny they would replace her with a looser one. Most likely they just wanted a younger one.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, I meant "cannon" above. I am so into my cameras that the single "n" spelling is more natural to me now.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think the funniest part about the whole thing is BW pretending EH wasn't leaving and telling us that it was all a lie.

Again, where's there smoke.....