TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Scandal: Archive through May 10, 2013 users admin

Chy

07-19-2003

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the kind words, Smokey and Jimmer.
I hope I'll stay being "back". This here had been some kind of "constant" for me since the 1st season of BB when I just searched for a "Fan Club for Big Brothers".

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I really like this show also. But does anyone know why April was the month of reruns? All of the shows had so many of them.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
May is a "sweeps month" so many networks save their new episodes for May when they conduct more intensive ratings gathering so their network ratings will be higher and they can charge more for ad time.

Anytime something seems to make no logical sense, follow the money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings#Sweeps

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I was surprised to see no comments on this show! Last night's show was incredible. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I was so interested in Huck's background and it broke my heart to see what he went through. Guillermo Diaz deserves the Emmy.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last night's show as well. I always find it fascinating how some people are able to compartmentalize their lives. Despite Huck's participation in some nasty stuff, I still can't help cheering for him.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I felt sorry for "Astrid" (Asterik? Asteroid? - Fringe fans will know what I'm talking about!), Huck's wife. I wonder if they ever made up an explanation about why he disappeared, or if they just let her go on not knowing what happened to her husband.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just watched my tape. OMG, what a fabulous show. Huck needs to have some happiness, I hope that they track down what happened and what she thinks and maybe he could start watching them as his new family.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I had forgotten about Huck's "family". That was so brutal. Huck is a very interesting complex character.

March

10-02-2003

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send March a private message Print Post    
Oliva will figure out some way to get Huck's family back. She's a fixer remember. :-)

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
March, I hope you are right.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I feel like every time I watch this show, at the end of the episode I'm always sitting on my couch, staring blankly into the TV, mouth agape just saying "Wow!"

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Me too Gurliegirl. Last night I sat there, with my mouth wide open in surprise.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Me, too. There is always just so much to absorb. I need to watch this episode again. I re-watched the ending a couple times.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I know! It was crazy. He's willing to lose the presidency...that's love. Or, is it obsession? Is he a potential stalker if things go south? Sometimes I like him, sometimes he scares the pluck out of me.

And I thought Cyrus was going to drop dead of a heart attack as he was watching the first lady being interviewed by his husband.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I think Fitz is obsessed and he kind of creeps me out. I would think this behavior would turn off Olivia. That kind of obsessive passion turns cold pretty quickly and she has a lot of other interests besides Fitz.

Also, something about the way Olivia talks is strange to me.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Also, something about the way Olivia talks is strange to me.

YES!!!!!!!!!

Kathi25

05-13-2008

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kathi25 a private message Print Post    
I can't stand watching her talk, seems to me like she's flaring out her nostrils and lips to emphasize her words.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i get so distracted by watching her mouth sometimes, i miss some of the story details.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
My thoughts exactly ladies! I love the show but she's another actress with two emotions and they both look the same and they're distracting.

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Monday, May 06, 2013 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
When she talks just close your eyes or look to the side. I have to do this or I get lost and have to rewind to see what I missed.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, May 06, 2013 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Good morning everyone...I just got caught up last night but I'm a bit confused. It WAS Cyrus who put the hit on Olivia right? BUT Cyrus is NOT the mole correct? The mole is the guy talking to the handsome marine who the President had watching her right?

When they were watching the clock tick down I was thinking,"Olivia, tell the president about your fling with his marine now before he finds out later!!! Now's your chance!!!" When the President finds out later I don't think he's going to to take it well.

I also felt for Cyrus's husband, he obviously didn't know his first interview would be the first lady. He even seemed like he didn't want to believe it for Cyrus's sake. I wonder who set that scenario up?!!

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Monday, May 06, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
I keep thinking about this show and the way it has changed. I want it to go back to the way it used to be. I know it is about her and the president also but it is now too much about her and the president. I want more of them being "gladiators in suits" A little here and there of the back stories is fine also. And they mention the presidents other children but we never even see pictures of them. I will still watch for now.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I know! It was crazy. He's willing to lose the presidency...that's love. Or, is it obsession? Is he a potential stalker if things go south? Sometimes I like him, sometimes he scares the pluck out of me. "

It's a no-brainer for me. President Fitz is most definitely a bad guy who is obsessed with Olivia. I can't forget that Fitz has already MURDERED a Chief Justice and that changed my opinion of him forever. He. Is. Bad.

If the writers are now trying to promote the romance between Olivia and Fitz, they made a huge mistake when they wrote the scene awhile back where Fitz killed Verna. There is no coming back from that. No matter how romantic he and Olivia get, I can't forget that he murdered a woman to save his career. Now he is forcing Olivia to spend time with him against her will. That ain't love, it's kidnapping.

I just find it hard to root for characters whose bad qualities greatly outweigh their redeeming ones. A romance between a woman who helped steal a presidential election and a president who murdered a Chief Justice? Who cares? They should both go down in flames.

I think that Fitz murdering Verna was a jump-the-shark moment. They crossed the line between the "taboo" of a love affair with the president and an affair with an ambitious man who turned out to be a cold blooded murderer.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
With regard to David and the card, did anyone else see that coming from a mile away? I'm usually relatively shocked at the end of these episodes, but in this case, Of course it was David.

Next week, looks like Cy is going to have that heart attack we've all seen coming for months. His character reminds me of a character from another tv show or movie. Where he thinks the presidency is "theirs" as opposed to Fitz's. He sees it as his job and when Fitz does something wrong, he's wronged Cy, not the people of the United States. Wasn't there a movie with that plotline? Other than the Jason Alexander role in Pretty Woman.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I agree SFJF, I don't think it looks good for Olivia to be with either Fitz or Jake. Jake is a snake too.

David, David, David......why am I not surprised it was him whole stole back HIS memory card with information about Fitz's botched election?!! The way he kept saying he was on board with them all the time made me suspicious. Now they're going to waste their time trying to find Charlie instead of David, meanwhile Charlie will be found by Jake and killed so they won't know for quite some time it was David.