TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 20, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Homeland: Archive through December 20, 2012 users admin

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Who the heck were they dumping in the ocean??

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Abu Nazir, isnt that how they buried Osama?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Yes, Pamy, Bin Laden was buried at sea.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Finally caught this week's episode and I loved it. The scenes between Saul and Estes and the one between Saul and the polygrapher, were outstanding. Mandy Patankin really is just a great actor. I hope the scene with Estes doesn't mean he's leaving the show, though; he tends to do a series for a little while and then take off.

I also loved the scene between Roya and Carrie. Roya had sucked me in just as much as she did Carrie, and then to see her go off on her was amazing. Carrie convincing the FBI to go back in for Nazir was also great, as was her bewilderment when he was finally killed.

I also thought Brody's reaction to Nazir's death was incredible. In fact, the only scene that didn't work for me in the whole hour was the one in the car between Brody and his wife. For some reason, it felt so disconnected, but perhaps it was meant to.....after all, Brody and his wife ARE disconnected, and the scene just demonstrated how far apart they really are.

Can't wait for Sunday's episode. But I REALLY don't want Brody to die.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Tishala, I read an interview with Mandy Patinkin a while back, and he stated in the interview that he loves his job on Homeland. If he leaves the show, it will be because they wrote him out somehow, not because he wants to.

Can't wait for Sunday's episode, and yet I know it will be the last one for a while, so I'm sad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Everything Tisha said.. including the worry about Mandy.

I watched the last two at once.. wow.. I wasn't prepared for it to really be Nazir..

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm just not as warm and fuzzy as you guys are about Mandy. I think any score of actors could have gotten the job and we would still be happy with the show.

eta, it's Carrie's character that needed Claire.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Right after the preview of next week's episode they showed the word "HOMELAND" in large white letters on a red background....and then the "E" slowly turned around until it was facing the opposite direction. Did anyone else notice that?

I googled around but couldn't find a definite answer although several places had mentioned the mysterious backwards "E". Apparently the first appearance of the backwards E was in the poster that was released to promote season 2 of Homeland.

See the poster here: http://www.seat42f.com/homeland-season-1-marathon-details.html

Then I finally found another remark about the backwards "E". It seems to be just one viewer's theory, not an actual spoiler, but I'm putting it in a spoiler box just in case (and also because I think that theory is correct!):

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
the backwards "E" in Homeland is the clue hitting us all in the face
Big Blue Balls : 11/27/2012 12:34 pm
The "E" has been turned. Estes...

I found the above remark at the following link - http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=458798 - which also contains other theories and questions and possible spoilers. I did not read the rest of the page...I just searched the page for the word "backwards" and I read only that small part.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I googled some more and found that the backwards "E" is used on the cover of the Homeland season one DVD set. I never noticed it before this latest episode...maybe it means nothing at all.

If the antagonists in this series were Russian, a backwards "E" would make sense for a logo design, but it seems kind of pointless for Homeland.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That is so cool, SFJ. I told my DH about it and he was all "I told you so!".... LOL
He says he suspected Estes since season 1. I think he is the only person I know that did. I'm going to have to get him to watch my other shows. I never catch this stuff at all.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it's those damn ears! he prolly has spy stuff in them

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's a great article that addresses some of the issues of "implausibility" some of us have complained about this season. The writer makes the point that in any fictional television program (or movie), there's always a degree of suspension of reality. Mostly it's a great show, despite a few implausible plot points. DH and I are still greatly enjoying it and can't wait for the finale on Sunday.

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/12/15/15909841-homeland-fans-should-keep-the-faith-as-unbelievable-scenarios-unfold?lite

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, I have to say that freaked me out that Quinn is a hitman, Oh well, at least it's for our side.

I enjoyed the finale, but I am again disappointed that Brody will be the focus yet again next season.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
The question is what and who is Saul??? Was Saul at the funeral because he knew in advance about the attack? Did he ask Carrie to go to the funeral with him because he knew what was going to happen?

Agree Naja, Carrie trying to exhonerate Brody not a great story line but if Carrie is going to play a George Smiley type of character and flush out the mole a la Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy (John Le Carre Book) could be a great story.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I was suspicious of Saul, but I am assuming he was speaking Hebrew and was saying a prayer. Also wasn 't Saul just representing the CIA at the burial of the terrorist while Estes spoke at the VP's memorial ?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Saul was sent to represent the CIA at Nazir's burial at sea.

Re: Saul speaking Hebrew, our CC said he was reciting the Kadish, which an online dictionary defines as, "A prayer recited in the daily synagogue services and by mourners after the death of a close relative." I found that to be very touching. Also his reaction when he thought Carrie was dead, and especially his reaction when she returns. How could anyone suspect Saul of anything? He's such a big teddy bear!

I loved that Quinn couldn't bring himself to kill Brody cause he knew it would "wreck" Carrie. A hitman with a heart! Awwww!

How will we ever be able to wait till September again??? I hate these short seasons and the long wait in between!!!

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
But what about Sauls wife returning? Thoughts on Estes???

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
very sad he is dead, I really wanted him to be the mole. I will miss him

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's a really good article I just read about Homeland. Includes some speculation about Season 3, but no big spoilers really. Enjoy!

http://www.eonline.com/news/372133/homeland-scoop-bosses-answer-burning-questions-and-drop-season-3-spoilers

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maris, I think Saul's wife is coming home because she knows he's grieving his friends and she wants to be there for him. He needs her. I don't think he knew anything about the attack. I'm not sure there is a "mole." This is not 24, where there was ALWAYS a mole.

As soon as Brody said, "Why is my car parked there? That's not where I left my car." and then they showed it right in back of Estes, I knew what was going to happen. Just as I gasped, everything blew up. Wow! That was a shocker. Can't wait till next season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maris, I think Saul's wife is coming home because she knows he's grieving his friends and she wants to be there for him. He needs her. I don't think he knew anything about the attack. I'm not sure there is a "mole." This is not 24, where there was ALWAYS a mole.

As soon as Brody said, "Why is my car parked there? That's not where I left my car." and then they showed it right in back of Estes, I knew what was going to happen. Just as I gasped, everything blew up. Wow! That was a shocker. Can't wait till next season.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it would be great if she turned out to be undercover terrorist

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I like how the blow up wasn't right at the end, leaving everything up in the air. Don't think Brody did it, more likely a terrorist group wanting to blame it on an American. Never thought that Saul was the mole. Besides seeing more of Quinn, I bet Carrie's mother will be getting a storyline.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Just watched season 1 on DVD... what a GREAT show!!!

Went and ordered Showtime so I could watch season 2 and got a deal for $5 a month. Whee!! I enjoy their other shows like Dexter (yay-I don't have to wait for DVD release of current season), Nurse Jackie, and Episodes. Merry Christmas for me. I have a lot to watch.

Enjoyed everyone's comments in the thread... yes I spoiled for season two. I couldn't resist.

On a silly note-- does anyone else think the character of Mike sounds just like Brad Pitt? I thought it was uncanny and it kind of took me out of every scene he was in.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Here's a clip of Damian Lewis talking about giving Obama a boxed set of Homeland. He signed it -- From one Muslim to another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rk0QukSOfs