TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 09, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Scandal: Archive through April 09, 2013 users admin

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, March 22, 2013 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Jake? Do you mean the Intelligence officer? He's already proved he's a bad guy. He has a bank of monitors in his living room that he watches for fun and they're all tuned to hidden cameras in every inch of Olivia's apartment. If that's not bad, I don't know what is?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, March 22, 2013 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i thought the president is the one who asked jake to do surveillance on olivia?

the hostages were cia operatives. one of the guys in the war room is a spy and was leaking information on when the rescues were going to happen so that is why the previous one failed. Olivia passed on info to Jake that the guy as a spy and i think Jake somehow got it to the pres, but not sure about that and how they were able to rescue them this time. but it was in the middle east, not here.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The president did make him do surveillance on Olivia. But that doesn't make it ok.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I don't know if there are any actual "good guys" on this show....they all seem to be very bad or slightly less very bad.

Olivia, Cyrus, Hollis, Verna, and Mellie are all conspirators in election rigging and accomplished liars. Olivia's people are all guilty of a number of crimes - breaking and entering, planting evidence or hiding evidence (obstruction of justice) or they are outright murderers (Huck). To top it off, President Fitz is a cold-blooded murderer as well - he killed Verna and it didn't seem to be a difficult thing for him to do. Even that top guy in Fitz's inner circle is selling secrets to the terrorists.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I guess I meant "Good bad" or "Bad bad". :-) I realize there are no saints on this show.

I also don't think the surveillance is ok, but if it's an order from the President, you do it, right?

I just was so confused with the rescue because I thought Jake was in the U.S. and then he took the face cover off after the rescue and I was surprised it was him. I thought maybe the guy who is the leak in the war room (someone on the cabinet, right?)staged the whole thing and had was somehow responsible for the hostage situation. I'm not sure why I thought that.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
that wasn't the rescue, smokey, jake beat up the photographer who took the picture of him and olivia outside the woman client's house...that's what you saw at the end when he took off the ski mask.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
how did i miss that beating....i thought i had watched the whole episode...

Jake was ordered to monitor Olivia. Where he has crossed the line is the fact he is personally pursuing her and building a relationship with her- that is the part the President is unaware of and why the monitoring goes from authorized to creepy...

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The beating was mixed in with the hostage rescue footage. It was all very confusing to watch and figure out what the heck was going on.

And yes, that's exactly what I meant about him not being as good as people want him to be. He's creepy as he sits there with a glass of wine and a wall of Olivia.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Oh, Texannie, thank you so much! I don't always have my eyes on the screen and must have missed something.

Yeah, I agree about Jake crossing the line into creepy.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Anyone else still watching? I LOVE this show. I am always so happy when it's a new episode. They've now said it won't be back for 3 more weeks. :-(

I've saved my recording of last night because I just don't get where the heck Jake is coming from! Maybe I'm thick in the head where this is concerned. And, was this the first that Jake realized Fitz's feelings for Olivia on a personal level?

Poor Huck! This guy needs a vacation on a beach with a tropical drink.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm watching. In fact, I just started watching this season. I smiled when I read your comment about Huck. He certainly deserves the Jack Bauer award for getting beat up and continuing on.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, how the heck did Olivia get a concussion, did the guy slam her head and I missed it? It just looked like she all of a sudden passed out to me.

Damn, they need to quit hurting Huck!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think they struggled and she fell and hit her head on the floor.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Right, what Jimmer said. I re-watched my recording and she fell backwards and hit her head on either the wall or something by the wall.

I still can't figure out how that guy was in Olivia's place right when she had it on the screen.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
She was at his place in his bed, got up to get water, and clicked on his remote thinking it was just for the tv.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Rs, I know how she turned the screen on. What I am wondering about is the perfect timing of seeing some guy inside her place, right when Jake came in to point it out to her. It just seemed odd to me.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yeah - I'm not buying Jake's story. The guy creeps me out!

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Okay....WHY exactly is the COS trying to have Olivia killed?????

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
My take on all this is (and I very well could be wrong) - President has Jake spy on Olivia to see if she is seeing someone. Jake takes a shine to Olivia. Olivia is looking for the mole. Jake and the guy on the park bench that he keeps meeting with works for the mole. When the mole finds out that Olivia is still looking for the mole (since the Sec. or Defense(?) wasn't the right guy), the mole wants Olivia dead. That is the guy sent to her apartment. Jake, knows this and is using it as an excuse to have her apartment bugged. She's not buying it. President comes to see her. He can't let her tell the Pres. that they are seeing each other, because then the Pres. will know that he's been lying to him. He realizes how close Olivia & Pres. have been when he sees the hug.

Questions I have - was that Cyrus' hit man in Olivia's apartment? If so, does that make Cyrus the mole? Does the president know the extent that Jake is watching her (the video cams) or does he think he is just doing run of the mill surveillance like following her, etc.?

I love this show!!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I watched the last episode last night and came here as I was wanting to confirm what Bpeach said. Thanks Bbpeach....that is my hunch too.

As for Cyrus I'm not sure if that's his hit man or not but it would explain his 'shortness' with her on their phone call. So a good theory for sure, you may have hit the nail on the head with that one.

It seems like they are charactering building the president and Cyrus relationship on the mend at a good time since he will not have an ally in Jake anymore.

Chy

07-19-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
Agree w/ almost everything Bbpeach observed.
But I also agree w/ Smokey that this is the 1st moment Jake got the tnklin that 'Liv might have romantic relations w/ the POTUS. J asked before but POTUS never told him why 'Liv needed to be "watched". And, no, POTUS dint know she's that closely "watched".

I also recgs the hitman being the same guy Cy almost had his husband killed with. But I dont think we can say that guy was therer to make a hit on Olivia. Or if the guy was hired by Cy again.
Ha! Guess I just hate having Cy as the MMole.

But I did see Liv fell on the back of her head against the "island/counter" during the struggle. <-- Before falling on the floor.

Chy

07-19-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
Wow! Next time any one asks for my fav, show, I'd have to point to this one.

Hi, gang!
I've been away to spend time with my father. He finally left us last Nov. but I have been low & out of everything. It took this show for me to want to say something...

BTW, Jimmer, I could read this site nice and clear in Taipei on my NookColor. Wonderful break it gave me ... Thanks for hard works from you all.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Dear Chy, I am very sorry for the loss of your Father. You're in my thoughts and prayers. When I saw your posts, it made me wonder where you've been. I'm glad you're back. :-)

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
And, I agree--this is definitely one of my very favorite shows. I love it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So sorry for your loss, Chy. It is nice to see you posting again now.

I agree about the show. It's one of those shows that I would describe as simply entertaining TV. I'm amazed at how fast it moves.