TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 19, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 19, 2013 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I don 't feel like I am missing a thing by not watching this show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well I hear that EH is definitely not leaving,it was just a rumor.Joy was so irritating and grating and for me,to a lesser extent,so was EH. I was hoping they'd get more new blood on the panel.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I didn't hear Ms Walters say yesterday that Mrs Hasselbeck was not leaving; I heard her weasel about it instead, saying "We have no plans for Elisabeth to leave the show.” That doesn't mean that it won't happen OR that the "plan" was already too late because the decision had been made OR that Ms Walters and Mr Geddie don't have plans for it, but ABC does. In fact, Deadline: Hollywood yesterday reiterated their earlier reporting that she likely would be leaving the show, saying that "Walters didn’t shut the door on the rumors completely, saying she and exec producer Bill Geddie won’t stop any of the co-stars who 'make the choice to leave.' Hasselbeck had been on the chopping block for the past couple of weeks, with ABC reportedly even considering potential replacements."

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didnt see it yesterday because I rarely watch The View-what did EH say about the whole thing or was she silent?

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Absolute silence.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I read your post above about EH making a name for herself after Survivor. I read in a couple reports lately that she got the job through her father-in-law. He was a big-time football coach. She, at the time, was engaged to his son and going to Boston College. So, I think this was another case of "It's who you know".

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Interesting that she said nothing.BW put a gag order on her. Shes a goner.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Let's hope she goes away soon.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
aww damn, I really was hoping that I could start to watch again but if EH is still there than I won't. Do they ever read any of these boards?

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
If they want a conservative voice on this show why don't they put Mary Matlin (sp?) on. Now this is one smart lady!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I get the feeling BW doesnt want a smart conservative on her show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
BW doesn't want anyone smart on her show. She wants to be the only one talking.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Update re Behar/Hasselbeck:

Per today's Huffington Post: “The View” does plan to get rid of Hasselbeck. Sources told the newspaper [The New York Post] that ABC wanted to “freshen” the show in the face of flagging ratings.

“Dumping Joy Behar, who was there 16 years, and Hasselbeck would be the fastest way to do it, they decided,” a source said. “After giving Behar the bad news last week and letting her bow out gracefully, someone leaked the Hasselbeck thing. Some enemies she has on the show saw their chance to get back at her. Barbara was spitting mad that it got mishandled, and called off the firing over [last] weekend.”

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thats what I figured,thats why I put quotation marks when I said Joy "quit". I wont miss either one of them, but if they want to "freshen" up the panel, Brooke Shields is certainly not the way to go.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Amen Lake....she brings very little to the table other than a pretty face. I hate to see anyone lose a job , but then I never felt that EH had anything to talk about. Sure I am fairly liberal , but at least Joy could be funny and she is smart.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So is EH going or not? Sounds like they are re-thinking it since it was leaked?

I agree that Brooke Shields is not the way to go (LOL - Not that I'm exactly representative of their core audience and only occasionally watch the show anyway).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I heard Ally Wentworth might be a replacemnt which is fine if they are moving away from political talk, but if they arent,I dont think George Stephanopolous' wife would be very fair or balanced.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I agree, no Ali Wentworth. If they want to broadcast the musings of a conservative talking head like Ms Wentworth, they may as well just keep Mrs Hasselbeck.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Tishala I dont think you know who Aly Wentworth is. Shes liberal,she voted for Obama. I wouldnt go so far as to say shes a liberal hack like her husband, but her politics leans left.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
wow!! Ali Wentworth can't have her own thoughts?
And no other conservative perspectives allowed if Elizabeth leaves?

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
No, Ms Wentworth can have whatever thoughts she wants. My issue is only this: why replace one (let's admit it) vapid conservative with another? And the truth is that I'd rather look at Mrs Hasselbeck in the morning than Ms Wentworth, all things (like their political opinions) being equal. Is Ms Wentworth more likable? Maybe nominally, but I think she'd be the type to wear quickly on my nerves...so needy that one is.

FWIW, I've liked Ms Shields when she's been on the show. And I like her even more because of her tete-a-tete with that Cruise guy. I have to think that either Ms Wentworth or Ms Shields would be older than the suits at ABC would like, though; it's my understanding that one of the reasons ratings are hemorrhaging is that they are losing younger viewers because they don't have a young panelist.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
They lose me because they talk over each other ALL the time. Sure , you might agree with someone, but let them speak. I hate someone that interrupts me. That is why I rarely watch.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I rarely watch. I don't know too much about Ali Wentworth, but I really think I read an interview with her once and she said she was a democrat. I could be wrong.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I really like Aly Wentworth and she would be fun on "The View" . I'm pretty sure she is a Democrat and thinks along the lines of her hubby who is a die hard Dem.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Iluv... That is exactly the way I feel... I hate it when people talk over each other... only to get louder in an attempt to be heard. I get no pleasure out of watching people argue.

I do like Ali Wentworth, she's very funny without being snarky (Joy). I think she'd be a good addition although I still wouldn't watch. I work full-time so I could record it, but I don't. I'm very selective about what I watch and record and The View is on the bottom of that list.

I don't think the show is very likable any more, at least it wasn't the last time I watched. Life's to short to sit around and watch angry pompous women (my opinion) argue. Have the topics they discussed changed much over the years? Perhaps they should look back to when the ratings were better and see what subjects were being discussed. Perhaps try harder to keep it neutral.