TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 22, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Scandal: Archive through March 22, 2013 users admin

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Wow, just wow. This show never disappoints. I am going to watch this episode again with the exception of the torture scens. Those were awful and brutal.

That VP is pure evil, along with Hollis.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Unbelievable episode. Even my DH, who hasn't ever watched the show, sat glued watching. The torture scenes were ...........whew. Sitting on the edge of my seat waiting on next week's episode!

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
For us this show has gone from a might watch to a got to watch. After 16 years in the DC area the initial premise of a show based on a Washington "fixer" didn't sound all that attractive and the first few episodes didn't catch our interest. Admit right here and now we were wrong and are glad we at least recorded the show and started to watch some of the older episodes.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Great show last night... A LOT of background on how, who, why. Can't wait to see this all unfold!!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I like all the election rigging stuff.

Also, Keeping in mind, I watched season one in about a weekend and only about four weeks ago, I don't recall so much going back in time stuff. Yes there was some, but I feel like I have to watch the screen every second now because it will tell me whether this scene was two years ago or if it was today. So if I'm not staring, I might get lost. Is it just me?

Will keep it in my dvr, but I liked season 1 better so far.

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
I do not like flashbacks with any show. I hope they stop doing it or else I am going to be done.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that in general ("Lost" being an exception) I find the use of flashbacks annoying. I much prefer that they simply tell a story sequentially.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I think it's vitally important for the flashbacks to be shown....it is what makes these characters who they are and why they do the things they do. It gives us viewers a better picture into their personalities and their actions.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
They could have done that by starting from the beginning or giving us the info in the first couple episodes. This just makes it look like they're making things up as they go along and in order to give a reason, they show a flashback.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm with Misspoufy. They do the flashbacks to help show how some characters came to be associated with Olivia. I like seeing the dots connected. I do know it takes a lot of concentration to watch this show, but it's one of my favorites.

I'm really interested to see some of Huk's background.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Talk about a deathbed confession....wow.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Oooooo it's gettin' good!!!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Really, so much to talk about.
Supreme court justice attempted to assassinate the President.
The President killed a supreme court justice.
Cyrus put a hit on his own husband and called it off at the absolute last millisecond.
Olivia dumped a sure thing and was then dumped by an unsure thing.
The husband lied on the stand.
The prosecutor was summarily fired.
The data card.
Huck didn't kill someone.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I almost wish that David Rosen would be able to bring down the whole lot of them. Love the actor and the character, feel bad he keeps getting the sharp end of the stick. LOL

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
And he's just so darn cute. I love Josh Malina.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I know that it's not really funny, but I was laughing hysterically when Cyrus and James strip down so they can confirm there are no wires. And I loved James' explanation of why he can't be a fugitive - I have asthma, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy cow, the president killed the supreme court justice!!!!! Amazing twist. WOW.

Didn't he forget to ask her if his wife knew? Did I miss that or does he think his wife didn't participate.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Seems to me that he knew his wife was part of the immediate team working to get him elected so it's not a far reach for him to think his wife participated or at least knew what Hollis was up to so at some level agreed and let it happen. It's kind of like "we've got so much dirt on each other and we've separately done such bad things we have no option but to stick together". Obviously, though his killing of the justice is far worse, both of them could go to prison for what they've done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
See Mack that is why I was wondering, why would he trust his wife more than he would trust Olivia? I was thinking that he thought he could only trust his wife because she wasn't in on it, and that is why he gave up on Olivia.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
The other consideration is that his wife is much more likely to ruin his presidency than Olivia. Olivia loves him too much and wouldn't do it but his wife sounds like she'd "confess" publicly if he goes through with the divorce. If he was willing to kill the justice to protect his presidency then he's probably willing and able to "sleep with the devil" so to speak to keep himself in office.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i thought he listed Mellie when he was asking the judge who was involved.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
He did.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks, I must have missed that.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
That was just plain H O T T T T T T T T T

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, March 22, 2013 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
One thing is for sure, this show is never dull! I love every minute of it.

I really love the Jake character and hope he doesn't turn out to be a bad guy.

Could someone please shed more light on the hostage situation and rescue? I've saved my recording so I can watch again. I just feel like I didn't get it. Were the hostages here in the U.S.?? That's how it seemed. I know the one bad guy who is on the staff was behind it, right? I am confused about this.