TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 11, 2013 users admin

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
In other View news, Lisa Ling has given birth to her first child. [TV Guide]

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Yeaaaaa.Excellent news, I am now more likely to watch, minus someone Elisabeth who tries to hard and whose politics I abhor.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I can't stand Elizabeth and her politics but I think its the way she tries to get her political points across, like a rabid dog being very fierce, and that is what irritates me. Maybe she has to be fierce to get anyone to hear her. And don't even get me started on her parenting style or rather her perception that whatever she does is the correct way

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
http://althouse.blogspot.com/2013/03/of-course-viewers-of-view-found.html
I agree as always
Ugh- they are going to add Brooke Shields,that ought to make it more interesting...not.
EH was in over her head from the beginning. An avg person competing with the comics,actresses and news ppl on the panel.I never understood if Babs wanted a conservative voice, why she picked EH.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Seems like a weak choice, only selecting someone who is attractive.There just had to be someone in NYC who is articulate, funny who has been in some aspect of show business who could step in and be a breath of fresh air. I say Carson Kressley ( I know a man ) or that actress who has the deep voice ? can t think of her name , Katherine something.
If the late Ann Richards of TX had been alive she would have been a firecracker with Whoppie with Joy leaving.In her last years she lived in NYC.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Is Kathleen Turner the actress you're thinking of? She played Chandler's dad on Friend. :-)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Yesssssssssssss. Yea Teach.....
Mara does a double take....."Chandler's Dad... Say what ? "

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
On Friends, Chandler's dad was a cross-dresser w/a dinner show (think "The Birdcage"). "He" was played by Kathleen Turner while Chandler's mom was played by Morgan Fairchild. They were hilarious playing off of each other!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The Talk got a winner in Aisha Tyler. I'd never heard of her before the show. I continue to be very impressed by her.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Aisha Tyler was in that Friday night series with Jennifer Love Hewitt a few years back. She's nown to be a pretty good actress.

I wish Mary Matalin lived in NYC. She is a true conservative, knows what she's talking about, and doesn't make people as mad as EH does.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Ooooh! Mary Matalin would be perfect.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto on MM

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Speaking of "Friends",Aishia Tyler was also on that show.
It seems since Joy "quit"and EH was not re newed,sounds like they want to get away from the political talk.Thats fine by me unless they want to hire an even number of liberals vs conservatives who are equally well informed.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Good idea, Lakecat.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The ladies were given the instruction not to talk serious politics a few months ago. I saw a discussion about it in the ABC View forum awhile back. It was funny because I had been noticing when there was something EH would normally jump on, she just stayed quiet or gave a one sentence comment. So when I found that discussion over at the other forum, it all made sense.

eta: not to mention, they don't even bring up the big politics news of the day anymore, or hardly anymore I should say.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
As long as Barbara is still there, it won't matter who they get. It will suck.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
EH just parrots what she's heard and gets abrasive and argues like someone in junior high. There really are some conservatives out there that can discuss matters like adults.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
True Puzzled, but I got to give her some respect for being the only conservative among 4 liberals (altho Barbra was pretty neutral most of the time)and speaking her mind.I think it would be pretty hard not to sound abrasive and argumenative when you have 4 others talking over you and interrupting.She was debating with stand up comidennes and a longtime newscaster.
I hate that they are taking the politics out of it because there are no morning shows like that, but if it was just going to be another 4 against 1 setting, then its just as well.
I hope EH does not go to Fox News.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
They should send EH back to the island....

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 2:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
EH's attempts at keeping her JOB by either spouting off or keeping her lips sealed did not work. Hasta la vista babe.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I do not mind listening to Republican views however Elizabeth is inarticulate and dumb Donald Trump had one thing right when he called her the dumbest person on TV.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Last night a radio host and a local TV and film commentator were singing EH's praises.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Barbara said on The View this morning that the rumors about Elisabeth leaving are false.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A lot of people don't think that EH is very bright or knowledgeable and I have to agree. However, I will say that she has made a heck of a career for herself all built out of an appearance on the second season of Survivor. There are a lot of reality show contestants and entertainment people in general who could only wish for that kind of success. So good for her on that one!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Today was a good example why EH is hard to take. They were discussing a book where EH disagreed with the message of the book. Instead of discussing what she didn't like about the book, she threw a high pitched hissy fit. BW had to reel her back in.