TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 08, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 08, 2013 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Charlie is making some kind of a comeback.
I was very surprised to see him on Good Morning America yesterday morning. It seemed strange to see all the hosts on GMA having fun with him too, but I guess the winning days are behind him.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
He has a new show starting so he is doing the rounds.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
BW has the chickenpox.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry to report that Ms Behar will be leaving The View when her contract expires in August: Deadline: Hollywood.

I, for one, will miss her and her tired Monica Lewinsky jokes.

Audie

05-08-2011

Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
NO....say it isn't so! Without Joy to irritate Babs and to torture Miss Perfect Liz, who is going to watch The View? I'm totally done if Joy is gone! Why doesn't Babs just leave? Won't someone please tell Babs her time is over?

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Aw,I am sad about Joy leaving. She's my favorite on the show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Maybe Ill start watching again.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I would if they now get rid of Whoopie.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I really like Joy ,just wish it were Elisabeth leaving instead.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Joy is basically the only reason to watch. I haven't watch in ages, but now that I know she's gone, there is no reason to tune in!

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Well. I'll never watch again if Joy leaves. Hope Zucker gives her a CNN show.

They should get rid of Elizabeth. She's turned into a pinhead.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
They should fire all of them, bring back Star Jones and give her a gay fiance with whom to plan a wedding. I would totally tune in.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
As for Elisabeth... the first thing I've seen about it:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/elisabeth-hasselbeck-leaving-the-view-after-nine-years-viewers-found-her-too-extreme-and-right-wing-201383

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
LOL, so would I, Gal!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
TVNewser is also reporting that Mrs Hasselbeck may be fired from the show:

The future of “The View” co-host Elisabeth Hasselback is up in the air. According to two sources familiar with the matter, Hasselbeck will not be returning to the daytime program next season.

In a statement, a spokesperson for “The View” tells TVNewser, “Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a valued member of ‘The View’ and has a long term contract.”

When pressed on whether she would be returning next season, the spokesperson replied, “she has a long term contract.” [...]

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
....and Elizabeth was the main reason that I stopped watching a couple of years ago.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Well here is the story about Elizabeth leaving looks like it is happening :-) She is way too conservative for my likings.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/elisabeth-hasselbeck-leaving-view-nine-years-viewers-found-204621306-us-weekly.html

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Personally, I think they are all way too extreme. I stopped watching them several years ago. But, with Joy and Elizabeth leaving I thought I might tune in again. Then I remembered Whoopie will still be there. Never mind.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I think let he whole show go and put the View set in Babs living room and let her "go" to work everyday. (aka/ kramer on seinfeld with the merv griffin set) she has just lost it

I watch occasionally when Rachel ray is on vacation tivo still catches it so I fast forward thru

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I liked the opposing opinions and didn't mind watching that. I just can't stand Babs and Babs won't leave so I guess the rest of them will leave instead. Too bad.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I would think they are getting rid of both Joy and EH for their extreme views.Joy is at least as extreme as EH. Whoopie doesnt bother me even though she leans left she isnt lock step.Sometimes I feel like Sheri just says what she thinks ppl want to hear,Id like to see her dropped as well and someone else added with a more believable opinion.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching some time ago. I got tired of all the yelling over each other.

There was no real debate, no one was well schooled on the issues. They were just spouting the meme of the day, on both sides.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So true Karuuna.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The sad thing is that the show didn't start out as a left-right mess; it became that at some point after Meredith left. It started out as a group of women of different ages and experiences having conversations about issues of the day, plus entertainment and fluff. The fact is, Mrs Hasselbeck doesn't have the professional experience of, say, Lisa Ling, to say nothing of Star Jones, Meredith, or Ms Behar. The only thing she'd really done before The View was appear on Survivor.

The other fact is that The View is NOT getting rid of Ms Behar. She is leaving the show. In fact, last night ABC World News did a report on how sad they are at ABC that she is leaving after 16 1/2 years. Ms Behar has other things she wants to do and, by all accounts, she may want to spend her energy working on a CNN show in addition to her other projects. Ms Behar was not viewed as "too extreme" by the viewers of the show because, frankly, women tend to be more socially liberal than men...and Ms Behar was that. Mrs Hasselbeck, on the other hand, was not. She once compared same sex marriage to marrying a toaster. She calls pro-choice supporters "pro abortion." She repeated every dumb thing the TP said. That is NOT what the largely female audience of The View, during daytime, wanted.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, March 08, 2013 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I meant to also say this: The View seems to have a lot of trouble booking A and B list celebs for the show, and there's a reason for that: Mrs Hasselbeck has a history of rudeness to guests with whom she disagrees. She has attacked Kathy Griffin, Bill Maher, Sandra Bernhard....and those are just off the top of my head. Now, you can d say, "but Sandra Bernhard and Bill Maher aren't A list celbs," which is probably true, but they have friends who ARE and they talk. No A list talent=worse ratings=loss of ad dollars.

Pair that with pushing the audience away with what viewers of the show consider extremist views and it's a recipe for losing one's job.