TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 03, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 03, 2013 users admin

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Anderson is a big DA fan. If you go to YouTube, you can see his interview (2 parts)with the DA cast.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
The Biltmore at Asheville is glorious. I've been there several times. I just finished reading a book about American heiresses in that time frame who were married off to British aristocracy (Daddy liked buying a title, and Hubby liked taking the money). I think they could develop a series around that theme, from the American point of view.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
GAL, that sounds like an interesting book. What was the name of it? Was it a good read? I don't usually like non-fiction, but if it's well-written and entertaining, I'll make an exception.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I am a big Anderson fan, I remeber seeing Poor Little Rich Girl about Gloria. There was recently a mini series, Men Who Built America that was about Rockerfeller, Vanderbilt etc.

We have season passes to Biltmore and that is my walking trails. Have loved going there since a kid . My grandmother used to talk of seeing them downtown in Woolworths and places like that dressed in regular clothes trying to blend in.

That does sound like an interesting book. Please post info

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Downton Episodes Online -- Ends Sunday!

Watch Downton Abbey, Season 3 online in its entirety before time runs out! All seven episodes are available for online viewing through Sunday, March 3, 2013 (Eastern time).

[Online video viewable only in the U.S.]

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/?elq=27d691a842d14a2ebd44a7494122d077&elqCampaignId=549

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Another cast member is leaving!

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2013/03/01/17149393-obrien-is-leaving-downton-abbey?lite

I guess I didn't need to put the link in a spoiler box, but thought I'd better be on the safe side.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just read that another major character is jumping ship and won't be back for next season. You can read about it on People.com. i'm really sorry to lose this person. Maybe one of you could put it in a spoiler box.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Look just above your post, OG. I posted just a minute before you!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I saw an article about O'Brien leaving, too, and it also explained the sudden rift between her and Thomas--he wouldn't help her nephew.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Mack, have you finished your Downton marathon yet? Get to the end of Season 3?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think they may have set this one up kind of well in the last episode. I have thoughts on what might happen, but I'll keep mum for now.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Gurlie, methinks we are on the same wavelength... ;)

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
No Goddessatlaw we haven't finished it but probably will this weekend. We're about four episodes into the third season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Shirley MacLaine is coming back for Season 4! I was disappointed she was only in the first episode after the big buildup last year. Hopefully they'll keep her around for a bit. I love the competition between her and Maggie Smith.

Here's an article about next season (warning: contains some spoilers about new characters).

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2013/03/02/17158890-shirley-maclaine-to-return-to-downton-abbey-in-season-4?lite

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Some interesting happenings in Season 4. Wish we didn't have to wait so long for it to start!

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I read NBC has hired Julian Fellowes for a series and so maybe they will be doing a period show for US

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Roteach, I'm still hoping (probably in futility) that there will be successful negotiations to amalgamate the British and North American dates.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Baby, if I'm reading the article correctly it says she is just returning for the last episode in season 4.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
OG, that's how I read it too.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Maybe she comes back for Lady Cora's funeral.

I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Just wanted to shake-up the Downton board.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Mame, I am hoping also. They've done it with other network shows. Why should PBS be any different?

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
My very British brother-in-law, who lives in Pennsylvania, has a 3-region DVD player so his family in England buys Downton Abbey when it comes out in England and mails it to him. In the past at least they've been able to watch the show well before it hits PBS here. They kid us about not only just catching on to the show but for being so far behind.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
From here on out I would expect him to send it to you the second he is done with the season, Mack.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
OK, OK......we just finished our marathon and it's nearly midnight and we are thoroughly bummed out!!! Two adults screaming no, no, no at the TV!!!

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I'm awake and the gosh darn show quite playing over and over in my head keeping me from dropping off right away. Was laying there early this morning and it crept right back in. Probably got up an hour earlier because of it. Going to start calling the show Downer Abbey.....I'm still bummed out.