TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 28, 2013 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Terolyn!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I felt the same way when I read the "spoiler", Terolyn. I thought the third season had finished filming and that Dan Stevens was just not returning for the fourth. I figured that he was to be written out next season (death off camera or something).

I'm more upset to have to wait so long for another season!! I re-watched season one, and I'm trying to space out watching two and three again. I'm an addict in withdrawal!!!

Redpen

07-24-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
The spoiler that Dan Stevens wasn't returning, was allover the media. I just assumed he would be killed off because it made the most sense.

I hope he does well. I worry he left a little prematurely if he wants to be a big star in the US.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Thank you Tero, I believe I was the "spoiler" which I had read about in many media outlets so I assumed it was no longer a secret and I do feel as if I have taken a beating on this site.

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Well said, Terolyn!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Irsnappy, I too thought everyone would have known he would most likely be killed off from everything about it all over the media.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Tonight, or tomorrow for sure, we'll go into a Downton Abbey marathon, probably several hours glued to the TV. We somehow missed this show when it first started and only recently started, by buying the Blu-rays, working our way through the first two seasons. We're just about done with the second season and the third season Blu-ray showed up in the mail Thursday. I've deliberately not read much of this thread....I don't want to ruin the story for myself.

Trixie

02-19-2013

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixie a private message Print Post    
Mack..enjoy your marathon, it's a great series!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Irsnappy, I thought it was me, cause I also mentioned that I had read he wasn't returning. I know we've mentioned this situation in other threads about cast members not returning after the present season, so I never thought of it as being a spoiler. I've kind of been lurking here with my tail between my legs recently.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I wasn't mad at the person who spoiled because that is what is done here. I love knowing what happens on that phony Bachelor show. I am just glad that I missed the Downton Abbey spoiler. I wouldn't have wanted to know.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
as long as the show airs so far in advance in Britain, the show will always be a spoiler to us in the United States. It is nobody's fault. All anyone had to do was listen to the news or read it on Yahoo or some other media. If you don't want to be "spoiled" about Downton Abbey you need to put blinders and earplugs on from September until February. (It starts airing in Britain in September and finishes here in February.)

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
that is very funny Babyjax, we each thought it was our error...well you can blame me and I'll blame you and lets be done with it. Now we can take our tails out from between our legs...lol.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Landleigh, I know all that - just commented that I'm glad I didn't read about it beforehand. It would have "spoiled" it for me. No one needs to take blame. Keep up the spoilers. I'll read the ones for the reality shows and follow along to watch them play out. I'll avoid the drama spoilers when I don't want to know.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I'm pooped. We finished the second season last night and got so enthralled we started the third season. Watched the first episode and wanted to watch more but by that time it was 1:30 AM!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
How fun, Mack!!! I'm kind of tempted to go back and watch the first few seasons again.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
It was fun. The cats were a bit put off as it was way past bedtime and they got tired of "taking care" of us. We're doing chores, taxes, bills, etc., right now but will probably settle in late this afternoon for another round of the marathon.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Saw the last ep again last night. It was such a great ep. It's going to be a looooooooooooong wait til Season 4.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I think we all need to unload on PBS (and enlist our friends to do the same) to get them to move their Masterpiece Theatre schedule up to coincide with the British broadcast.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
GAL, ITA! But I'm Canadian so they will round-file my comments. :-(

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I would LOVE it if they would air on the same schedule. Let's all go "Norma Rae" on PBS!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LOL Rieann!

Csnog

07-18-2002

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Well I was away and just saw the last show which left me sad.

Matthew gave notice during the 2nd season and they talked him into this season. The same with Sybil, she wanted out to do other things.

Rose was signed on for season 4 quite awhile ago.

I just feel warm all over when I see Bates smile at his Anna.

I am so happy to have the disks to add to my collection of the original Upstairs Downstairs, which I get out now and then and it has turned my 13 year old grand daughter into a classic fan, instead of some of the drivel American TV has.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Darn, this thread is slowing sinking to the bottom of the page.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I just last night was able to watch the finale. have to wait until I can have "private" tv time. so catching up on the thread

I definately think Rose will be a big character next season . Carson and the baby was wonderful.
I am glad they fired Edna. would not have liked a story line with her and Branson, but guess the whole purpose was to have Branson except his new stature.
Maybe Mary and Branson will console each other :-)

The absolute worse thing about the finale is I can not wait until the next season. this one was wayyyyyy toooo short.

We were on a cruise in January and had dinner each night with a couple from the UK and discussed Downton Abbey They had told me it had not aired yet and was the same schedule that we had.

With the Downton popularity I wonder how long until HOllywood comes up with a US type version. They usually jump on popularity band wagons. We have the Vanderbilt , Biltmore House here in Asheville and there is Hearst Castle they can use.
The local newspaper has been doing a lot of comparisions to the Vanderbilts and the Downton Series.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Lurkin, I wonder what Anderson and his mom would say if they made a TV series about the Vanderbilts. I can picture him cringing and giggling at times.