TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 05, 2013 users admin

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
So happy Mr. Bates is returning to Downton Abbey. I don't understand why he no longer limps, though. He could barely walk in the first episodes.

Was happy to see Ethel having some success. She was trying so hard, and loved Mrs. Patmore (possibly my favorite character now) lending a helping hand.

Edith conveys so much compassion. As does Violet. They don't have to say a word.

Hard to tell who has more fun out of their sinister scheming - Thomas or O'Brien.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Can I just cosign Scout`s post... cuz I completely agree. :-)

It`s disconcerting to me, but I find that Daisy and the new kitchen girl look very much alike, (except Daisy is thinner).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Daisy is also starting to look prettier than the first season, where she was dowdy.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
If anyone remembers the original upstairs downstairs, Daisy is so like the character of Ruby and Mrs. Pathmore is like the character of Mrs. Bridges.

I love this show even though I really don't like many of the characters. Love to see them get their come uppance. Maggie Smith is Priceless.

Kep421

08-11-2001

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
I almost fell out of my chair laughing when Lord Crawley wanted the Dowager to leave... and she got all puppy eyed over the the "pudding"... LOL

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

For Kep :-)

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
love love loved this episode. Maggie Smith had fabulous lines in this one especially the pudding which was a riot. I also laughed outloud quite a few times. Loved that the women are finally standing up and but poor Richard is really not moving with the times. For a moment I thought Mary and Matthew were going to adopt Baby Sybil, thank goodness the writers are making Tom look like a good caring person, even if he is Catholic lol.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
oh one other thought, I noticed that whenever Anna shared her good news about Bates, although they were happy for her, they never touched her. I thought that was so odd because today we would have hugged her, squeezed her hands, kissed her, patted her and generally been much more physical with her. I guess she touches them when she is dressing them but they won't touch her. I guess in thinking about this, no touches anyone else...hmmm.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think that Matthew will make Tom the manager of the estate and that Mary and Matthew will raise Sybil and Tom can be near her.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I think Tom will leave and let them (family and staff of Downton) raise Sybil. I also think Matthew is doomed. That whole scene when they were laying in bed talking about loving each other till they die, and death etc. makes me think that one of them is not long for this world and since we already lost one sister then I think Matthew is the next to go.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Irsnappy, I had the same thought. I kept expecting them to hug her but they kept their distance even though they were exuding happiness.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Lady Mary was actually warm and caring in this episode.

Something we haven't seen.

O'Brian is getting kicks out of setting up Thomas but I think he will get back at her with the info he has on her.

It's a cat and mouse game they play that keeps our interest.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Csnog, what info does Thomas have on O'Brian?

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
The soap placement that caused the miscarriage of Lady Cora.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Does he know about that? I didn't think a living soul knew about that.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Perhaps I'm mistaken but didn't Lady Mary hug Anna when Bates got arrested or sentenced? I'm fairly convinced she did.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Even if he does know, after telling the false story about O'Brien leaving, I wouldn't think he'd have much credibility. But then they do seem to suspend credibility in regards to Thomas or he would never have been able to return.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
She did comfort her MameB.

I thought only O'Brien and God knew about that.

Riviere

09-09-2000

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
O'Brien telling Thomas that Jimmy has a crush on him was over the top! She's a real troublemaker.
Violet was so cagey getting Dr Clarkson to tell Robert & Cora that Sybil probably wouldn't have survived was brilliant! Leave it to her to save the marriage, under their noses.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Thomas knew that no one would believe him about O'Brien, so that's why he told Bates to tell her those three words. Bates doesn't know what they mean, but she doesn't know that.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
My darned memory. Merrysea, WHAT 3 words?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I believe they were "her ladyship's soap" or something like that.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ok, thx Merrysea, now I vaguely remember him saying something...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't remember that at all!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
The scene I'm thinking of was an outdoor scene if it's the right one.