TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 04, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 04, 2013 users admin

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Conundrum - the library notified me that my dvd copy of Downton Abbey Season 3 is in. I can watch the rest of the season by the time I go to bed tonight, or I can wait it out with PBS.

Oh who am I kidding, there's no way I'm waiting if I have the goodies in hand. I promise I won't spoil.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I don't blame you one iota. I doubt I'd have the fortitude to hold out. ENJOY!

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I would never be able to hold out. The bad part, though, is having to wait for everyone else to catch up for discussions. (but I'd still do it if I had the chance:-))

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Oooh, it has two hours of bonus video too: "Downton Behind the Drama," "Shirley MacLaine at Downton," "The Men of Downton," and "Downton in 1920."

It's like Christmas in January.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
The bonuses are why I like DVDs. Lucky you!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I am thoroughly enjoying this season. I just caught up with all eps, so sad (the last ep). The actress who plays Lady Crawley was Harriet the PM on Dr Who as well. I like all the characters and love to sneer down my nose at Mister Barrow (nasty fella) and O'Brien. Hope Carson takes Barrow down a peg but it looks like O'Brien is going to set him up for something. Often times I enjoy the goings on downstairs more than up. I hope Robert will pull his head out of his butt and listen to Matthew and that Mary gets her priorities in order and backs her husband. I love how Edith's character is stepping forward as well.

I'm going to re-watch 1 and 2 when season 3 is over.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
what ever happened to Shirley MacLaine, such a big deal was made of her cameos and poof she was gone. So blown out of proportion.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Just went and purchased the Amazon tv pass to obtain the rest of the season immediately. I'll be in Downton for the evening. I won't spoil, of course.

As for the latest episode, I could barely watch Sybil's death scene. I agree that it was agonizing and drawn out. At least it seemed to be. I just wanted to shout out, "make it stop!" It was gut-wrenching. I was surprised by Thomas' emotional reaction to her death. I hope the Bates in jail storyline comes to close before the end of the season.

Ok, I'm off to Downton...

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Have fun, Rieann - I took my DVDs to my neighbor - she's so excited she gets to have a snow day tomorrow and watch Downton.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Oh heck, I 'm a big Amazon customer and now I am "forced" to go price these dvd's. Poor me......

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Rieann, how much was the TV Pass? I can't find the price. The only option I'm seeing is One-Click and I'm not One-Clicking until I know how much that click will cost me.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
My DVD's arrive on Monday, no shipping charge and no tax.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I've recently started watching Downton Abbey on Netflix. I was able to stream the first season, and got discs for the second. I currently have the first disc of season 3 to start today, and another should arrive tomorrow. I'm loving it!

Riviere

09-09-2000

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Last night on Showtime was a movie done by Julian Fellowes (2009) starred Maggie Smith and Hugh Bonneville and Allen Leech... It was about family secrets and ghosts, filmed at a country estate! Now when I feel sad about Sybil I'll be thinking: at least she got to marry the sexiest male of Ireland in 2005, aka Tom Branson!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl-

Yesterday I was charged $8.20 for the remaining four episodes (1.89 per episode). I thought the TV pass was a set thing you purchased as well, but found it was just agreeing to pay for the season at the 1.89 rate per episode vs the 1.99 standard rate.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Ahh, interesting. Ok...I'll just watch on Sundays for free. There are only three or four episodes left anyway.

Thanks for the info.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Bloody short season if you ask me. Harrumph! ;(

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Fellowes did Gosford Park with Maggie Smith, too. I thought it was a weird movie.

Yes, these "seasons" are ridiculous.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Puzzled I fell asleep BOTH times I tried watching Gosford Park. LOL. Mind you that was way before Downton, so now I'd probably be more alert and way more interested.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Somehow this show missed our attention but after reading some reviews of it on another website my wife bought the first two seasons off of Amazon. We started watching it late last night and got through a couple of episodes. Very interesting and has us hooked for the time being.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Stick with it, Mack - it just gets better and better!!

Csnog

07-18-2002

Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Great show tonight going every which way.

The past has to give way to the modern but not all agree.

Lord Grantham has a taking down tonight.

Mrs. Hughes has some of the best lines tonight and the Dowager plans a scheme at the end, so be sure to watch every bit of her face and actions.

I think Daisy makes a decision after practicing a dance.

AND we get Mr. Bates back next week!!!

I read in the news just last week of a woman who died under the same circumstance as Lady Sybil.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ack! I missed the first 20 minutes tonight! Hubby found out that it's rerun around 1 am on Friday night. Thank heavens.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I found it to be a very woman-centric, empowering episode and laughed quite a few times.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
You can also watch it online at PBS. I never catch it on Sunday, Always watch on Monday at lunch time.