TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 04, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Scandal: Archive through January 04, 2013 users admin

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Who hired Huck? And, seeing him dressed like a long-haired homeless guy and then invited to live at Olivia's adds to the mix.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Smokey I think Hollis Doyle hired him. I LOVED seeing him all hairy and wild. Was also great seeing the backstory.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I certainly agree Hollis is the prime suspect for hiring Huck but then again Huck doesn't act like he's a "hit man for hire". He reacts, in his kind of schizophrenic way, like he's still working for his handlers. Of course that doesn't mean that Hollis wasn't or isn't involved as one of his handlers. All in all good writing....I like shows that challenge me to think through plots rather than just hand the story line to me.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
OOpss double post.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Huck could have been hired to kill the Press Sec., not Fitz..or were there 2 shooters?

Will Fitz wakeup without remembering he is in love with Liv..or maybe not remembering Mellie.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I like that twist Rslover. Only thing that bothers me about it is the scene with Huck...supposedly Huck...scrambling around picking up all the spent shell casings. The Press Secretary was only hit with one shot to the chest as I recall. Sloppy shooting for a trained assassin and doesn't explain the President getting hit twice. I've got it on DVR and need to run the scene again as I also thought at the time the Press Secretary wasn't all that close to the President. Two targets? Two shooters? Very messy. Very interesting.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Who would benefit from Fitz' death? The VP who wasted no time in claiming the presidency. Huck might have been ordered by his old handlers (who still might have some sort of control over him) to kill the pres in order to move the VP into position. Knowing how Olivia feels about the pres, Huck might have missed on purpose, but caused more damage than he meant to.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
The VP and Hollis in it together? That makes sense and works. Of course we can have it turn out that the Press Secretary was a spy for somebody or some country so they were just taking care of a couple of pieces of business at the same time. I love it!!! One more show this year then I think they're back in January...I hope.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking.... we never actually saw Huck shooting AT the president, did we? We saw Huck shoot, picking up his shell casings, etc. We saw the president get shot. Perhaps they are two different incendents at two separate locations. Huck shot somebody/something, but we don't know who/what. Perhaps it was not the president. And somebody else shot the president.

Maybe stretching, but they can't get rid of Huck! He's Olivia's main go to guy. And it would be pretty hard to keep a character that shot the pres!

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Wasn't the President shot THREE times? There were four shots fired. Two standing next to Mellie, 1 that hit the press secy and then the fourth in the head as the secret service were trying to get him in the limo. The other two shots were minimal (as bullet wounds go).

Huck picked up FOUR shell casings, he had to search the chair for the 4th one. Did we actually SEE Huck shoot, or just take apart the gun and look for the casings?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Did we actually SEE Huck shoot, or just take apart the gun and look for the casings?"

We only saw him take the gun apart and pick up the shell casings. For all we know, Huck could've been in a different city shooting at someone else.

I'm hoping this scene was just an editing trick to make us think Huck shot the president and that he was really shooting at Hollis Doyle!

I can't imagine why Huck would shoot the president. He has always been very loyal to Olivia and I'm sure that's the last thing in the world she would want to happen. I think the fact that the shooter was wearing a red hoodie, in combination with the editing, was just to trick us.

But then again....who knows? This show did (finally) take a turn into Unpredictableville in this episode!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping this scene was just an editing trick to make us think Huck shot the president and that he was really shooting at Hollis Doyle!

That would be good!

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    

Whether or not it was Hollis Doyle it does make more sense that Huck would be targeting somebody else. It's certainly within the realm of TV drama to do a misdirect. It's working for the writers and show....look at the discussion here.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, what a show!! I loved seeing all the flashbacks as well.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
if you havent seen it, try to catch a rerun of Oprah's Next Chapter on OWN with Kerry Washington, creator/Exec producer Shonda Rhymes (sp?) and the real life "Olivia Pope", Judy Smith.

Its a great episode about the show, and its star.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
OMG..the plot thickens..

Thanks Legal for the headsup. Just found a link if anyone wants to watch it. Just close the box that appears on top, and then the mauroon and white x.

KERRY & SHONDA ON OPRAH

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
WOW WOW WOW

I was just sick that Huck's "family" was killed. Becky is certainly one psycho be-otch. I felt so awful for Huck.

So, who is behind hiring "Becky"?

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I see Misspoufy said Hollis did the hiring of Becky. I still am not sure, myself. That woman VP is also a real piece of work. There are so many intense characters on this show.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Someone needs to that VP. Hmmm..did we see a Speaker of the House yet?

We have to wait until Jan. 10!

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Talk about adding more questions to the pot! WOW! What an episode. Counting the days until Jan 10!! One fact this episode bears out...a politician will do anything to remain in office.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Finally got a chance to watch this final episode last night. With the recent murders in Connecticut, seeing Huck's family killed hit too close to home.

I have so many thoughts and questions from this episode:

-Like everyone here, who hired Becky to shoot the President? I'm thinking it was the Vice President.

-Sirus desperation to have his husband stop looking into the voting and getting a baby for him then we see him tipping off David in the baby store. (!!!!)

-The red head's forcing herself on David not that David seemed to mind. She's still conflicted because she thinks he's a woman beater and why is she so attracted to him? I see her finding out she was manipulated by Olivia on this one.

-Cancer lady on the board who offered the VP her resignation or the President's shooters name.

-Back to Huck, I feel so badly for him because I never thought he could/would 'feel' anything for anyone, he seemed so unemotional and unreachable. When he started walking up to the house, I kept saying,"Don't go in there Huck, just turn around and call Olivia, DON'T GO IN THERE!!!" I should have shut my eyes because the mother in the kitchen blocking her daughter was just too much for me, especially with stories coming out of Conneticut of the hero's who saved many of children from being shot.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Holy cow! Watched the first season on Netflix over the holidays. Love it! I haven't watched any of season 2 yet, but will hopefully do that this weekend before the Vikings win, er, before the playoff games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Amazing, isn't it.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 04, 2013 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yes. And although I haven't watched any of this season's show, I did catch the last one last night and holy cow! I kind of know what's going on because I read synopses on IMDB, but wow. The whole Huck story was crazy. And his family! OMG and WTH? That woman is certifiable...and crazy scary. Wow!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 04, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Shonda sure likes to put Kate Burton in unlikeable roles. As Dr. Ellis Grey, she was just as sour as this VP. Ok, not as sour...I don't think anyone can get more evil than this VP, but you get my drift.