TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 08, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Bold and the Beautiful: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 08, 2013 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I love how they are called the Logans when Rick is actually a Forrester and really, Steffie and Thomas are not Forresters.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Legally, Steffie and Thomas are and are definitely are part Douglas.

I watched the first 25 and wish I could see more!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So is this evil Spencer in the first 25 eps Bill's dad?

I just finished ep 4.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Well that is true, they are Stephanie's grandchildren.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the evil Spencer is Bill's dad, when Bill first came on there was talk about him either being or not being like his father.

I'm just starting the old shows now. Ridge really has aged well. The old Thorne is so 80s looking!

P.S. Naja, yep, the Spencer you mentioned definitely is Bill's dad, he's just said "his daughter Caroline" (who Ridge is going to be in love with) and she's Bill's sister and the one the current Caroline Spencer is named after.

Omg, a young spotty Katie!!! And Brooke looks 12!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. I thought so. I am loving this first 25, but the volume of the ads is about to send me into spasms.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't get any ads, none at all, how strange. I have adblocker plus on firefox, so maybe that kills them.

They're meant to have fixed loud adverts according to a recent law, unless it was just a CA thing.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I did not get any ads either. I am also using Firefox.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the loud adverts law was just for TV.

Yep. I just looked it up. It applies only to TV, not the internet.

"Q: Do these rules also apply to radio commercials or commercials on the Internet?
A: No, the CALM Act only applies to commercials aired on television."

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/loud-commercials

And it didn't even occur to me use firefox for this, and I usually do use it when opera won't work right for something. Thanks for reminding me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize Ridge started out as such a horrible womanizer. In the time that I have been watching (just a few years) they have made it seem like Brooke was the only one with a bedhopping problem.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
She is/has been!

Since I've been watching the show Ridge has been never been alone, but hasn't been a "womanizer".

Thanks for the heads up about these old eps, Naja...I love seeing original episodes of the soaps I follow. These first 25 eps are completely new to me! I never knew there were any Spencers on the show at the beginning. I didn't even know there was a teenage Katie, or a Donna. By the time I came along Ridge & Taylor were THE couple w/ Brooke always trying to seduce him away. At least that was the way I remember it. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Whrlwnd, this is fun, isn't it? I finished ep 13 today. It's going much faster now that I am missing the adverts.

You know what's funny? After the P.I. got the photo of Ridge in bed with that woman, my first thought was it will be plastered all over the interent. Then I remembered it was 1987 and nobody had internet in their homes....LOL

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
LOL :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The episodes are fascinating! Stephanie jealous of Krysten! Eric not wanting to marry Stephanie! Thorne being the gentle, hardworking little brother right from the start! Katie! Also shocking is that it seems Ridge is just marrying Caroline to get back at Elder Mr Spencer, when in the flashbacks we see she was always the true love of this life. Why can't they put some more episodes up!??!

I sometimes look for spoilers on generic Bold and Beautiful sites, and some of them have really vicious arguments over the Logans vs the Forresters, right now Hope vs Steffy, but often Brooke vs Taylor. Whrlwnd's comment has made me wonder if people's strong feelings about whether Brooke is the bad guy or Taylor is the bad guy comes from when they started watching BnB, and what was going on then. I always think of Brooke as being the true match for Ridge, with Taylor being the interloper - when I started watching Ridge was with Brooke, and Taylor suddenly reappeared after being lost on some desert island or something!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 24, 2012 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm finally finished with all of the first 25, and it really will be cruel if CBS stops there.

Kitt, I started watching I think in 2007 or 06, and I have always thought Taylor was the one in the wrong.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 24, 2012 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
To add to my post above:

What I meant was I always thought Taylor was in the wrong because Stephanie was so evil when I started watching, and she loved Taylor but hated Brooke. So since Stephanie was so evil, I figured Brooke had to be the good one and Taylor the bad one.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Steffy's rules always crack me up. If Liam is with Steffy, then her rule is that Hope must step back an accept it. But if Liam is with Hope, then Steffy's rule is there are no rules....LOL

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was laughing at the same thing! She joins her father in thinking the world revolves solely around her (his) needs.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Today is a rerun of yesterday's show that most of the country missed the second half.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I caught that just in time to set it recording, Naja, thank you! I thought I'd have to watch it online, because it wasn't even shown here yesterday.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ooops Caroline! I'm sure she'll live but... that's got to smart!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am actually looking forward to today's show. That was hilarious yesterday watching Hope bust into Bill house with a golf club....LOL
I feel like we have waited too long to see Bill have to pay for his evil deeds.

eta: I feel like the timestamp makes it look like I've been up all night when really it's almost 6 AM here and I just got up....LOL

Denisec1989

06-02-2007

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denisec1989 a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize Bill had a drinking problem. I think I remember a few times with him drinking but I didn't realize he was spiking his drinks all the time. Just me?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't think he always did. I think they only recently made it noticeable to create a new story line.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, the drinking thing came out of nowhere... and now they're going to use it as an excuse for all his crazy behaviour, but that's been going on for at least the last year.

I really hope EVERYTHING Bill has done comes out, right from the beginning when he was helping Steffy steal Liam when she first fell for him, just so he (Bill) wasn't tempted by her (Steffy). And I wonder if we'll get Deacon back, I do like him.