TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Homeland: Archive through November 12, 2012 users admin

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
From http://homeland.wikia.com/wiki/Marine_One_(episode)

"Inside the bunker, Brody slowly approaches the Vice President, preparing to detonate himself and kill everyone in the room. He hits the switch inside his sleeve and nothing happens. He retreats into a bathroom stall inside the bunker, takes off the vest and inspects it, finding that some wiring has become disconnected (likely from a Secret Service agent tackling him when gunfire rang out). He works on repairing the vest. While this is happening, Carrie arrives at Brody's house. She tells Dana that her father is in league with Tom Walker, and is involved in the attack on the State Department as they speak. Dana reacts with hostility. Carrie hands over her cell phone and asks Dana to call her dad and "talk him down" because "he'll listen to you". Dana instead dials 911 and reports that there's a crazy woman in her house. The confrontation escalates, Jessica gets involved, and the police soon arrive to arrest Carrie. After Carrie is taken away in handcuffs, Dana takes a long look at the cell phone that is still there.

Brody has repaired the vest, and is back among the politicians, trying to gather up the nerve to hit the switch for a second time. As he appears to be about to do it, he gets the call from Dana. Brody says he's busy and tries to get Dana off the phone, but she won't let him go. She tells him that Carrie was at their house, accusing Brody of being a terrorist. Dana insists that her father tell her that he is coming home tonight. After much agonizing, he says the words and, at least momentarily, he no longer seems ready to trigger the explosion. The 'all clear' is given, and everyone starts filing out of the bunker."

They never showed what happened to the vest. Maybe Dana will find it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ok, well I was partly right. I did remember that his daughter begged him to come home and he changed his mind about the bomb. It was a long time ago.

I do remember thinking at the time that Brody must have the same cell server as Jack Bauer, cause who can get reception in an underground bunker like that???

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, he was talked out of it but he HAD thrown the switch and all present, including Brody, were saved by the malfunction. That was a brethless moment for me and I assume other watchers.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 27, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show is so intense, it gives me a stomach ache. That's how 24 was when it first started. Before it turned into a cartoon. Hope they can keep the writing up on this show. So far, it's been stellar.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This is one of the few shows that keeps me riveted on the screen and not multi tasking as I do through many shows.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am so excited about tonight's show. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! Q&A time baby!!!

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
great show!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It really was a good one.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
good one

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I've just started watching this show. I have seen all the episodes from this season and the first 5 so far from the first season. It's just great TV. I can't believe it took me a season and a half to find it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Good show tonight! This show goes so fast, I'm always disappointed when it's over. DH says it's like a movie, and he wants to see the rest of the movie!

And can I just say, Clare Danes does not cry pretty.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Missed show because of power outage. Can you give synopsis?????

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just happened to see this recap over at Eonline. Hope it helps: http://www.eonline.com/news/359004/homeland-recap-battle-at-gettysburg

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Thanks!!!! Great recap. Can't wait to watch it

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Exciting episode....Glad I found this show after all the award hoopla.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 1:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow.. again.

Maris, hope in time you can watch it online..

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SNL had only one funny sketch last night. It was a parody on Homeland. It's pretty good :-) Anne Hathaway plays Carrie.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/homeland/1423664/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. I keep trying to watch that video and it keeps freezing. Guess I'm not the only one trying to watch that this morning. Will check it out later when maybe it's not so busy.

More Homeland tonight! Yay!

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
How was last nights show?

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Excellent, as usual! And way to fast!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Meh it was OK, mostly. Not as good as some.

Aileen, the woman with the Muslim husband who'd been taken into custody by Mandy Patinkin in Mexico, was back. There's an imminent strike about to occur and he somehow thought she might have some info about it. She gave him the name and address of someone, but it turned out to be a ruse. When Mandy went back to her cell, she'd managed to kill herself using a pair of his glasses.

Brody's daughter was going to go to the police to report that she and Walden's son had *accidentally* killed that woman they hit with the car a couple weeks ago, but Claire intervened and made sure he didn't do it because...CIA.

And Estes, I think, said that Brody wasn't himself because he's not in control. So Claire went to make out with him.

I have a question: does Mandy realize his wife is a terrorist? If so, why is he still with her? And why does the CIA allow him to be with her? Does anyone else think Estes is the leak in the CIA?

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
how do we know that she is a terrorist?

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I perhaps ASSUMED she is because she delivers messages for Nazir and keeps Brody jumping through terrorist hoops. Maybe she's a double agent. Who knows anymore?

Foliage

10-15-2002

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foliage a private message Print Post    
The terrorist character is named Roya.

Saul's wife hasn't been seen this season.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
LOL oh I thought Roya was Saul's wife.

/blushes and leaves thread