TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 01, 2012 users admin

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
How in the world did I miss this show? But I guess if it is in the third season coming up, I will pass. Sounds good tho.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
2nd season is coming up and they shook the etch a sketch so to speak. All new characters and all new story so you won't miss anything by not having seen it last season. Give it a shot. Adam Levine and Mark Conselous will be on it this season good reason to watch. I loved last season.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I can't wait for it to start. I was going to pass on it last season but the commercials for it drew me in wondering what the heck it was going to be about. I am so glad I watched. It is one of my favorite shows. And Adam Levine is more than enough reason to watch for me:-)

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Starting soon! My interest has somewhat waned, but I'll give it a chance. I found the first season's ending a bit grim.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Strange way to begin. jessica Lange is amazing once again.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I have never seen this show. I am not sure if it is something I will! I caught a few moments tonight and got confused and creeped out. lol So, may watch it from the beginning and see if I can make it.Wondering if I should go find last season.

Nana

07-24-2004

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nana a private message Print Post    
Not sure yet if this season will be as good as the first season.. watched tonights show..Im not sure the story line is going to keep me watching....loved season 1...

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch Season 1 but I hear that Season 2 is not a continuing saga from Season 1. I did watch tonight but it was like watching a puzzle being put together and I couldn't see the whole picture, just bits and pieces. So many storylines and I hope some of them get answered as I watch weekly.

Oh and I made a deal with my sons, I'll cook them dinner on Wednesday nights if they come over and watch this show with me; and that's saying a lot because I don't cook M-F, only on weekends.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the first season, but when they announced the second season would be a totally new story I decided not to watch.
Just read a news story that Dylan McDermott will be returning to season 2, so I may tune in.

Egbok, season 1 started out the same way, quite confusing. The story pieced together each week. I always DVR'd the show and watched it on Saturday mornings because watching it at night scared the bejesus out of me and I couldn't sleep!

Dawn

07-24-2009

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
i thought it was great. you really feel bad for the characters.

jessican lange was amazing and right off the bat you don't see the returning people as their old characters which is nice.

there was A LOT going on last night.. so i hope they kinda calm that down as we go and focus on things. it was pretty scattered. and will be interesting to see how they fit present day into the storyline as it appears most of it will be set back in the 60s.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching all of season one when they had a marathon. Creepy! Jessica Lange really was fantastic and I look forward to Season 2.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Season 2 seems good, but I will miss the Southern Belle aging movie star wanna be that was Jessicas character in Season 1.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I agree that I will miss the Southern belle, but Jasper, I agree with you, too: Jessica Lange is amazing. Her aging nun this season is 180 degrees different from the flirtatious belle of last season, yet she nails it -- right down to the Boston accent.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I watched last season and really got into it. Loved the story - young couple with troubled kid move into old haunted house filled with ghosts of past occupants, etc. Yes, Lange is a fantastic actress.

This season - whoah! Too much gore, sex, horror right in your face, right from the word go. I don't like it and I won't watch it anymore. (Catholic insane asylum, crazy sadistic nun - give me a break!) Let's just call all religious people crazy, people in the entertainment industry. How about some originality? Can't you do it twice?

Nana

07-24-2004

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nana a private message Print Post    
Watching episode 2 of season 2 not thrilled with this one at all.

I agree with Hummingbird too much...its all over the place, its a lame gory story line.. over this season...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching episode two and I am LOVE LOVE LOVING this season.

That Ryan Murphy sure knows how to put the scare back into HORROR!

The exorcism scene wasn't quite as good as the one(s) seen in The Exorcist but it did the job. This show is a good reminder (so far at least) that it doesn't take a ghost to be "horror". People can be some of the most horrific monsters imaginable.

I had figured it would take me a few eps to get into this season since the characters have all changed, but this one grabbed me right away and the ride is awesome!

Two Thumbs UP! <Bwahahahaha...>

I honestly do not believe that Ryan Murphy is calling "all religious people crazy" at all. He's just presenting a story about one single group of crazies, some of whom happen to be religious. That's not painting "all" religious people with the same "crazy" brush at all.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I totally agree. And I am loving this season as well.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
To each his own, I suppose. There is a running theme in many Hollywood offerings over the past few years where the religious people are the crazies. I was just including this one as another example. Deny it if you will but you don't have to look far for examples.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've only seen the first episode so far but I'm enjoying this season as well. Pretty standard horror stuff but well done.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 27, 2012 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had to go look up the actress that plays Pepper just to make sure she didn't really look like that. Thankfully she doesn't.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
A great start to the season imo! Startling difference Naja, hard to beleive it is the same person.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
scariest part of the show for me is the opening credits. Was the same way with Dexter. I could not watch the opening either.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I DVR the show so I can fast forward through the opening part of the show. It gives me the creepies.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
A big storm, a possible airplane crash or was that a UFO crash?, zombie type people in the woods that eat humans, an alien? in one of the ward bedrooms, the devil, and a crazed doctor. Just a review of what I saw/heard in tonight's show.

I'm sure this will all eventually make sense. I'll keep watching.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wonder if there are any crossover writers for this show and "Criminal Minds". Last week on CM they had a crazy doctor removing the legs from live people, too.