TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 26, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Homeland: Archive through October 26, 2012 users admin

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 2:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Yes it was. Why was Brody's wife's ex lover so interested in the fact that he had an affair with a CIA operative. Why was it so significant for him?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maris, I saw it as, "Well, if Brody's going to fool around, I'm not going to feel guilty anymore about sleeping with his wife." I think he felt vindicated somehow. Or maybe he was just worried about Mrs. Brody (can't remember her name!!).

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
That's how I saw it too. Her name is Jessica.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just being a viewer I felt like a ton of bricks was lifted off my shoulders when she saw the video. But looking at Carrie it seemed like a whole mac truck was taken from hers. Claire is such a great actress. The look on her face was like the Hoover dam crumbled.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think she was vindicated, but then she's also obsessed with him, slept with him and he really IS with the terrorists. And her efforts to convince everyone lost her her job (well, along with her off meds bipolar behavior).

And she was USED by them, risked it all to get information, which proved to be golden, but wasn't even allowed into the debriefing..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And isn't Brody in a ton of trouble with the Nazir folks? And why did he answer the phone or stay on the phone but instead silence the guy..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, I'm thinking maybe the Nazir people hoped he'd take out the tailor. That might have been just the ending they were looking for. Why would they want to protect him?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, that occured to me as well.. AND it pulls him in, too.. now he's the equivalent of a mob "made" man since he's killed "for" them.

Or.. he is in a ton of trouble.

One thing, though.. they wanted the VP dead and if he runs on the ticket or in his circles, he's going to be surrounded by secret service, I'd think. Unless they have someone planted there, too.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Seems to me that Brody will certainly be chosen to join the ticket and they will win and he will become vice president.

It's a perfect set up for a good yarn: Soldier turned terrorist finds himself just one heart beat away from the presidency.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
and then soldier is told to kill president. yummy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep.. and he's going to want Carrie out of the way and she's going to be bird-dogging him.. meanwhile his wife will be puzzled by him, all caught up in her new fame (oh, his, but..) and she will continue to annoy me (even though of course she is right to be so puzzled.. but she sure doesn't GET how he's being used as a symbol, by all sides of this.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
well, there goes that theory.

Next theory, they force Brody to be a double agent, send him in to kill Abu Nazir. Carrie will be his handler.

Jetsgirl

07-27-2009

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jetsgirl a private message Print Post    
Where will they go from here? I was soo happy to see Carrie finally be proven right on Brody, all to be taken away so soon when she acted on emotion. Obviously the writers think they have something better to go on... this episode wasn't even a season finale!! But soooo good.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 2:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I loved Carrie's speech to Brody in the hotel, it was so great, she needed to say that to him. I'm also glad Carrie was finally vindicated. I really hope they give her, her job back.

I think they are going to try to get info from Brody and like said above, have him become a double agent, but he's so brainwashed, I don't know that he'll do it. But I think somehow they'll get the reporter involved, use her to get Abu Nazir, particularly if Brody keeps protecting him. It's going to be interesting to see how they explain Brody's absence, he's a Congressman and will be missed. Can't wait for Sunday, this show just gets better.

A side thought, I wonder if the boy that was killed was a plant via Abu Nazir. The boy looked very scared of Nazir, I thought maybe he had been kidnapped and wasn't Nazir's actual son. So, I wondered if that whole thing was set up and Nazir was the one who killed those children, to get Brody on his side. What other reason would Abu Nazir have, to bring Brody in his house? It looks like a set-up to me.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I was surprised when Brody's head was covered before he was hauled away from the hotel. This show is riveting and while I came to it late I am glad to be watching.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think that is now standard fare. The hood disorients the interrogation subject and breaks them down. Also prevents him from knowing where they are taking him. They could put him on a plane and circle the airport for a few hours and let him think he is in quanta imp or Eastern Europe

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He plays brainwashed well..like when his wife was ranting at him he just looked like "this does not compute".

I can understand why Carrie didn't want to, couldn't stand to wait but if they could have established the link to Nazir.. well, guess we just have to keep watching.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Homeland Renewed For Season 3

The successful drama will return for 12 more episodes.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think they have established the connection with the memory card found by Carrie

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maris, the card established that he had planned to die in a suicide attack against the US but I had hoped they would grab his intermediary who has been passing orders from Nazir lately.

They have ample reason to grab him, but he could also claim that he was coerced into making the video.

I'd think they'd also be searching for the evidence.. like the vest bomb and detonater.. at one time it was in his home, and is a danger if found and triggered. Uh, well except that it failed to work when he tried.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Wasnt the card found in the posessions of Nazir's number second in command?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh I have no doubt of the Nazir connection, but I can just imagine the courts throwing it out on some technicality.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I don't recall that the vest failed to work. I think he changed his mind and decided not to use it when his daughter called and begged him to come home. He couldn't break her heart. I'm still wondering what happened to that vest, too!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I believe the vest bomb malfunctioned too.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I clearly remember the vest bomb malfunctioning. When it didn't go off, he went into the bathroom and attempted to fix it in a stall. Then he went back out to try again and just as he was about to push the button he got a call from his daughter begging him to come home and he didn't push it.