TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 30, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 30, 2012 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Seems to me that the Root Cause episode leads me to believe that Root discovered Finch/machine when Finch was trying to track down who set up last night's PoI. Finch was trying to get into their system, but it backfired and Root got into his.

So, that reminds us that Root was a killer for hire too. She was hired to kill the Senator and set up Powell. When it went bad, she didn't hesitate to kill the fella that hired her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But why would Root kidnap Finch? He didn't know who she was.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Because as a criminal who gets highly paid apparently, she realizes he has access to information that could make her profession more lucrative? That's my theory. She wants full access to the machine.

She already knows a lot about them, she called him Harold in the repeat epi last night. Also, in the therapy sessions with Reese, she asked Reese if he was in the profession of saving people to make up for someone in his life he couldn't save. Also, that he had been CIA. It was positioned as her excellent therapeutic insight at the time, but I think it was her excellent hacking skills!

And of course she does know that they save people in danger. That's how she hooked them, by pretending to be a person of interest, and knowing she would get flagged and they would come 'save' her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Damn it Karuuna - you are shooting holes in my theory that Root was the eighth person to know about the machine !!!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... I did catch where she called him Harold.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
eeeerrrr... so she did know about the machine - but maybe she wasn't the eighth person to know about the machine.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, that eighth person convo took place 2 years ago. I think she just learned about the machine when Harold tried to infiltrate HER network to find out who was framing Powell.

and now she wants it!

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Is it important yet who hires(ed) Root?

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I answered my own question.

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Karuuna - "Seems to me that the Root Cause episode leads me to believe that Root discovered Finch/machine when Finch was trying to track down who set up last night's PoI. Finch was trying to get into their system, but it backfired and Root got into his."

Root let Harold  into her sys deliberately in "Root Cause.  Which was way before "No Good Deed" Po1; someone hacked into Henry Peck's computer, inserting names into his e-mail (in Root Cause Finch said "I did not hack in  I was let in") that is when he disconnected the loft and started in the library.  So we are ment to believe Root already knows  what Harold's  business is. And  has already planned to meet him again, hence   "Firewall"

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Trini, the stuff inserted into Henry Peck's computers was from the machine's intelligence ops. It *secretly* identifies possible terrorist threats (remember the machine itself violates US law, so its all clandestine, and only known to a very few CIA folks (less than 8) :-) ). So when they find a terrorist threat, they have to find a way to get it into the system, without revealing the machine itself, or their clandestine operation.

So, those CIA operatives inserted the names into those Emails of a respectable (and legal) intelligence agent (from No Good Deed), in order to get the information into the *legal* system and get the terrorists stopped. When Peck realized his emails were getting altered, he investigated, and the clandestine agents realized he was getting to close to their operation, so they tried to kill him.

I don't see any connection to Root there, at all.

In Root Cause, in my theory, Root is intrigued by someone hacking into her system, and wants to find out who it is. So yeah, she lets him in, in order to plant a virus to read his system. So, in reality, she doesn't really "let him in," it appears that way because it's installing a virus on HIS system. Before Finch shuts down the generator, she gets just enough info to figure out who he is, who Reese is, and that they are using some kind of predictive surveillance system to identify potential victims to save them. She thinks that would be a great way for her to kill more people and make more money, so she sets herself up as a potential victim to suck them in.

Of course, we don't know what twists and turns will come in the next season. But at this point, I don't see any connection between No Good Deed and Root, nor any indication that Root knew about the machine BEFORE the first encounter in Root Cause.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    

Glenn

07-05-2003

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
Trini, I don't think Root has been hired but I Do think she is working with Ingram's son. I think he is the one who told her who Harold is.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
what is with the fainting!

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
i love this show and this board; I will continue to watch all my 15 taped shows and figure it out myself. I feel intimidated by the fainting spells; I have nothing more to say about Person of Interest. I will keep it all to myself.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I'm lazy, I am going to let the writers figure it out and let me know all in due time.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Coming back this week, Thursday 9pE/P (between Big Bang/2 1/2 Men and Elementary - very weird programming).

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, September 24, 2012 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thanks Konamouse, :-) I'll be watching both PI and Elementary.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bumping... season premiere is tonight!!!

Mictay

09-29-2006

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Finch will be missing all season? I like the addition of the dog.

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
love the dog.

Glenn

07-05-2003

Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Bearer(Bear?) is going to make a great addition to the world of Reese. We now have a man and a dog who are highly trained to attack/kill? on command. Loyalty is earned by providing for their needs and gaining their respect. I really like John and maybe I shouldn't be questioning the right or wrong of being a vigilante.

Ms Turing is one intense young lady. The ability to walk up behind Alicia and put a bullet into her head without a spoken word still kind of amazes me. There was no request for Alicia to put down her gun, get out of the car, etc. So what is to be believed, is Ms. Turing a psychopath?

It will be interesting to get the back story on Ms. Turing.

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Hi Glenn.

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
See the creepy way Ms Turing dines Finch and kills the woman at the other table, didn't Ms Turing say why she killed her. All the while Finch is trying to mentally figure things out. To see the machine had the ability to protect him and Finch corrected it.