TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Hell on Wheels

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hell on Wheels users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 03, 2012Windowbox25 11-03-12  11:02 am
Archive through October 06, 2013Sanfranjoshfan25 10-06-13  1:56 pm
Archive through September 14, 2014Sanfranjoshfan25 09-14-14  9:01 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
:-)

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
When they heard that this season was renewed, Common (Elam) asked to be written out of the show so he could devote his time to his music career. I guess when they film the series is the best time to go out on tour. I wish him the best and will miss him terribly. I don't understand why they didn't have him leave with the baby and Eva to build a home elsewhere. Except then we would lose two main characters.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 15, 2014 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
They should have given him more money.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Wow! Last night's episode was intense!! IMO the best episode of all seasons! Excellent acting by all the actors! The ending had my DH and myself looking at each other saying, "Whoa!" Can't believe we have to wait until November for the next episode!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I too was thinking there were some Emmy worthy scenes last night. I knew the man that plays The Swede is a good actor but I didn't realize the actress that plays The Church Lady had it in her. Good episode.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
The best clip of the show was watching Durant and Bohannon running to the church. Whoever shot that scene deserves an Emmy! When I saw the boy with the gun I thought they were setting it up for him to kill either Snow or Gunderson at a later date. I wish he had told Ruth or Bohannon his last name so they would know without a doubt who killed his family. Ruth's character has definitely grown in leaps and bounds! The look on her face in the final scene was frightening.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
If looks could kill and they did.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
oops wrong thread

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Gee, I thought this was over for the season when I saw it wasn't on tonight but I just realized that there are three more episodes to go! The last episode that aired was just the kind of episode I expect from a Hell on Wheel season ender cliffhanger, but there's more to come! Yay!

"The new season of the series, which stars Anson Mount, Colm Meaney and Common, will air in two parts with the first 10 episodes running consecutively through Saturday, October 4, before taking a hiatus during the network’s annual FearFest programming and returning for the final three episodes beginning on Saturday, November 8."

http://blogs.amctv.com/hell-on-wheels/2014/05/amc-announces-august-2-premiere-date-for-hell-on-wheels-season-4/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 09, 2014 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
A wee bit graphic last night.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, November 09, 2014 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I agree Lakecate....but it couldn't have happened to more deserving guy.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Wow.

Happygal

11-15-2004

Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
Yep!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, tonight is the season 4 finale....and guess what?

Hell On Wheels Renewed For ‘Expanded’ Fifth and Final Season By AMC!

Western Drama Has Thrived on Saturday Night, Attracting an Average of 3.4 Million Viewers Per Week

NEW YORK, NY – November 7, 2014 – AMC today announced that “Hell On Wheels" will be returning for a fifth and final season of 14 episodes on AMC. Seven new episodes will air next summer, with the final seven episodes of the series following in the summer of 2016. The Western period drama opened up a new night of original programming for AMC on Saturday and in its current season is delivering an average of 3.4 million viewers on the most challenging night of the week for television.

http://seriable.com/hell-wheels-renewed-fifth-final-season-amc/

------------------

It's great that we're getting another season, but I don't know why they use this double-talk lingo by referring to it as the "final" and "expanded" season when the fact is, it's really two short seasons shown a year apart. Breaking Bad did that and so did Mad Men, so it seems to be an AMC thing.

I keep trying to figure out if doing it that way saves them some money somehow because splitting one season over two years doesn't exactly adhere to the idea of what a "season" is. It's like saying this year we will have an extra long winter season, although this time, winter will happen in two parts with Part 1 happening now and Part 2 will happen at this same time next year.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Good to know. I watched the last two episodes tonight and thought what, it's over? The last episode went by in a flash. As for the Sidney Snow episode, wow that was awash in blood, but what I watched between my fingers was the eyeball scene! That freaked me out.

I look forward to the next season to wrap up the oh so many things left dangling. And I'm always happy to watch Anson Mount, in this anyway. I prefer him grubby, lol. Scrubbed up in that Liam Neeson movie he lost all his appeal (for me).

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Wanted to let people know that this starts a new season tonight! 07/18/15

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Woo hoo!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to have to on demand the first ep.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think I need to re watch the episode before hand. This premiere was a little slow and I forgot a few things.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one that's having a hard time following this season? I'm not sure what's going on half the time. Of course "Mumbles" Bohannon doesn't help matters. I guess I miss all the old characters that I invested my time with. The writers got rid of every single one. This last season isn't doing it for me, my mind wanders,but I'll stick it out.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Great episode and what a suspenseful cliffhanger....so I was sad to learn that this was the "mid-season finale". The promos at the end of the episode said it would be back in 2016!

I checked imdb.com - for the current season (season 5) it lists a total of 14 episodes with a break after the 7th episode which just aired on August 29....and then episode 8 picks up "in 2016" and there will be another 7.

Hopefully it will return in January of 2016 rather than next summer, considering it's all season 5.

Of course, the final season of Mad Men was broken up into two 7 episode blocks that aired a whole year apart....and they called all 14 episodes "Season 7". That was also an AMC series. Come to think of it they did the exact same thing with the 6th season of Breaking Bad, too!

I wish they'd get back to airing one "season" per "season" instead of airing one "season" over two "seasons". It's confusing! (But I assume they must somehow save money doing it this way - there is no other logical explanation for it!)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think it also gives them two chances to win awards, right. This season was boring. IT didn't pick up until the old gang showed up and by then the season wAs more than half over.
Sidebar-have you ever seen the movie The Two Mrs Kissels with John Stamos...and Anson Mount? I would have nevER known had I not read the synopsis. He's unrecognizable.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I think it also gives them two chances to win awards, right."

The thing with "two chances to win awards", they would still have two chances if they called this year's 7 episodes "Season 5" and next years 7 episodes "Season 6".

"This season was boring."

LOL...this is what I mean about it being confusing. This season isn't over yet...the nest 7 episodes of "season 5" will finish in 2016!

I never saw that movie but I have seen Anson Mount with a haircut and clean shaven. He looked somehow dorky to me...nothing like sexy man he is on Hell On Wheels!:-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So will the 7 episodes in 2016 still be called season 7? Yes, thats confusing. Maybe Season 7 part 1 and Season 7 part 2.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"So will the 7 episodes in 2016 still be called season 7?"

Well, it's season 5 that we're talking about....I think you must have made a typo.

But yes, this season (5) is to be continued in 2016 according to IMDB.COM:

In the episode list for season 5, it shows that eps 1-7 have aired and then ep 8 has the vague airdate of "2016". It could be January. It could be summer or fall of 2016. Who knows?

That was my point - that it seems illogical to split a single season of a show so that half of it airs one year and the other half airs a whole year later. Why don't they just call it season 5 and season 6?

Episode List for season 5:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1699748/episodes?season=5&ref_=tt_eps_sn_5

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes, I meant 5. I agree.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Darn, darn, darn! I'm pretty sure the last episodes aren't airing until next summer! Grrrr, that makes me so mad.

I've been looking everywhere for a return date, and I found a recent interview w/ the showrunner where he mentions tuning in for the midseason premier next summer. (I don't see how they can call anything that airs a year later a midseason anything).

I think that is such a rotten trick to do that to the viewers. It really makes me mad.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: