TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 26, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 26, 2012 users admin

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
They did come across as "mean girls". I thought it was pretty ugly and stupid.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I haven't read Star's new "fictional" book that is supposed to be about a bunch of catty women who host a talk show, but I have a feeling the ladies recognized themselves in the characters of the book and have been ticked off about it. I really didn't feel like Star was treated so bad. She's treated others much worse, and plus, BW knew what the viewers wanted them to talk about. And it sure wasn't more heart disease awareness like Star wanted to do for the segment. I think we all wanted a little friction like they gave us.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
come on, Star knew what she was walking into when she agreed to go on the View but at least she did behave like a grown up both on that show and the Today show. I stopped watching the View last year, I just couldn't stand EH any longer and I also think BW should retire. IMHO.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I just watched it-out of lack of anything else last night with my insomnia. It was nice to see Star and also nice to see someone other than EH get picked on for a change.Definitely I think Star knew what she was in for. She did work there for a number of yrs afterall.Did EH and Star ever wrk together or did she come after Star's departure? I do not recall.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was thrilled today when Shimon Peres, President of Israel, stated unequivocally that Israel has never felt safer than with Obama as President of the US. I really hope that shuts up some politicians and pundits.

I know it must have chaffed EH's ass....Not only that he said that, but that she wasn't allowed to be part of his interview.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, I KNEW it bothered EH. Today she managed to bring it up that BW was only one who got to talk to him.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 4:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Where is Whoppi?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Well it is not as if EH had anything to contribute to the Peres interview.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It looks like we all get a break from the madness. The ladies are off for the next 2 weeks, and we get reruns.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh how I wish Gilda Radner was still alive to find out today her "Baba WaWa" character on SNL was closer than anyone could have imagined...LOL!

BW had her lineage researched and it ends up her ancestors were "Waremwasser", which means and then they also changed to "Warmwater" before changing it to Walters. The "Warmwater" is what I find so funny since "Wawa" is baby talk for water.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja LOL!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'll be going out of my way to watch the show live on Wednesday after Sherri being eliminated tonight on DWTS.

I can't help but laugh after reading Elisabeth Hasselbeck's single word last twitter.

elisabeth hasselbeck ‏ @ehasselbeck

Sad

----

Now anybody that knows her personality knows that tweet doesn't mean that she herself is sad (although she may be). It's the word she is using to describe the people and judges who didn't vote for her buddy. It's sarcastic.

Anyway, I'm curious to see all their reactions on Wednesday on the show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I DVRd it Naja. I usually skip The View in protest that the political commentary is so one sided and out numbered but I can at least tune in to see what the other girls say about Sherris elimination. Has Sherri been hosting The View at all since shes been on DWTS?

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, Sherri's not been there in person but they've Skyped with her fairly often, just about DWTS.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
thanks. When Wendi Williams did DWTS she would fly back to NYC after the show to do her WW Show. She must have been exhausted.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Sherri was on today. I didn't see the 2nd half of the show. She was very teary-eyed about being booted last night.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
On Friday, they were promoting Caress Endless Kiss Body Wash, and while EH was smelling it, you could see she almost wanted to eat it, so i had to get some. I got some today with a coupon, and yep, it smells good enough to eat. I got the creamy vanilla/sandalwood fragrance.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Ryan O'Neal was on The View today. He is one HUGE mess. Nothing new I guess.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had to FF after a few minutes to the next guest. It was so depressing and uncomfortable.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Wow - Whoopi really disappointed me today. The topic was about the school bus monitor who had been videotaped while being verbally abused by middle school students. Whoopi felt they had put the wrong person in the job position. While I understand her point to a minor extent, it doesn't excuse the behavior of the students.

As someone in education, I have a hard time with people who somehow transfer the blame for the student's behavior onto others. Yes, kids do certain things at certain ages but when it comes to bullying, cheating, stealing, etc., let's start putting the blame where it belongs. Enough with a slap on the hand.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Remember David Hartman? Yes, that David Hartman. Long time no see him. He was on The View today. He wrote the forward for the book The Kissing Sailor. He told some of the story. I'm sure I'll be getting the book at some point. Very interesting.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I agree, Kappy. There is no excuse for those horrible kids. They should be banned from the school bus for the rest of their time in middle school. They should be made by their parents to do volunteer yard work for that woman for at least a year. My father would have whopped me upside the head and grounded me indefinately. I was taught to respect my elders. Our country is in trouble if this is our future. Shame on Whoopi for shifting the issue. Why do we have so many kids who can only be held in check by Marine drill sargent types.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Most of the time I couldn't care less if EH makes a fool out of herself, but today when she snuck in the question "Biggest regret?" to Florida Senator (R) Marco Rubio, I really felt embarrassed for her, and thankfully for him, he ignored it. What a weird thing to ask and what a weird time to ask it. I think you had to see it to know what I mean.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yay to Whoopi for todays show. The man-Hunter woman was on who had the affair with the president-wannebe. I'm not going to dignify either with names beyond that. Whoopi pretty much sat there cold-stone-quiet except for a few direct hits (questions) aimed at the woman to which the man-Hunter either played ignorant or exhibited her usual stance of denial. What a hypocrite that woman is! The entire audience was given her book for free. I would love to know how many of those ended up in the garbage can on the way out.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting that Kappy...........Between man Hunter, Jerry Sandusky and Octomom one could not find 3 more despicable examples of human beings.