TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 27, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Bold and the Beautiful: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 27, 2012 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That would be wonderful! Plus, I keep forgetting that Deacon is going to have a hand in this, so it
is so hard to predict what will happen this time.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm so waiting for Deacon to have more scenes, I used to really like him. I hope he saves the day!

Audie

05-08-2011

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
I was confused by the "old memories" of Brooke's showing Deacon as an abusive alcoholic. I don't recall that happening. Is this just convenient "memories" to show poor Brooke being taken advantage of? Brooke went after Deacon with no regards to her daughter, Bridget. I'm glad the producers have finally had Brooke keeping her panties on when other men are in the room.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I haven't been paying full attention lately, but I remember Deacon being evil very briefly before he met Bridget, then Bridget magically turned him into a better man, and after that I thought he was always a good guy, even if he got himself into bad situations.

I remember he was with Macy(??) and started drinking again, and then something to do with Little D and Amber maybe taking him...? It went wrong there but I don't remember him being abusive either. In fact I thought the last we saw of him was Brooke wistfully sending him to rehab.

I don't remember it well enough, I just don't remember him leaving with me thinking bad of him.

Audie

05-08-2011

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
I think you're right Kitt. I don't remember him leaving with me thinking badly of him either. Brooke certainly was more than hot for him until she became pregnant and the truth came out about her and Deacon. I don't remember him taking advantage of Brooke in any way. In fact, she being the older, more experienced person, I'd say she took advantage of Deacon or at the very least, it was a mutual affair.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Is Hope high or something? Seriously, what a cruel thing to ask of Steffy. Such a selfish girl.

Audie

05-08-2011

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
Hope is a young girl. I don't think she know's better. Steffy is a woman. Truth be told, I like Steffy. She owns her actions. Hope will be turning to her meds again, I'm afraid. She has led such a pampered life. Steffy lost her father and her twin sister. She's dealt with life.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think what they tried to do with Hope was create someone who completely rebelled from her mother's wayward ways, and went the "proper," this is how life theoretically should be route.

So she thinks that in an ideal world everyone should be able to put everything behind them and therefore it's the right thing to do to invite Steffy to take a place at the wedding.

I don't think selfish is the world, I think it's more that she's naive and sheltered.

Audie

05-08-2011

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
Naive, yes certainly. I wish they wouldn't have sped up her age. I just loved the little Hope with the curls. How old is she supposed to be now? I don't recall her even going to college. What is she, 18 or 19?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think 18 or 19. I remember when Oliver had sex with Brooke (thinking it was Hope) they made a big play of saying Oliver had just turned 18 (so it wasn't statutory rape, I presume), and I'm sure Hope was younger than him, in fact it was her high school graduation, so does that make her 17ish? I think by now she's either 18 or 19, but they mess with the timing so badly it's hard to tell.

Lol I looked on wiki to see if it was any help... it said her dob was originally 2002 (making her 10 now!) and she was five years old in 2007 (that cute, curly haired Hope), but then in 2010 she was aged to the current actress.

Oh I found a birth date for Steffy! Her original dob was 9/21/99 and they shifted it to 9/21/89 so that means Steffy is now 22 (the actress is 25). I'm sure they will feel free to change that at any time though.

Also found this, re Deacon:
The character leaves town in 2005 after relapsing back into alcoholism due to Jackie's husband Massimo Marone having Deacon's drinks laced with alcohol to get revenge on Deacon and Jackie for their affair.
So it's not even like he was entirely to blame for falling off the wagon.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
http://soapcentral.com/bb/whoswho/hope.php

Hope was 17 in 2010, so she's 19 now!

Wow these ages are messed up, they say Thomas was stated as 16 in early 2004 and 18 in September 2004. That makes him 26 now.

They say Ridge was meant to be 30 when the show started in 1987, making him about 55 now. That sounds about right. All they have for Brooke is that she was a university student (20??) in 1987 making her about 45 now. She must have been about 10 when she had Rick ;).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 08, 2012 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just remembered, to back up Hope's "ideal world" mindset, back when Liam and Steffy first married, I think it was at Thanksgiving, Ridge forced Hope to toast Liam and Steffy and say she supported their marriage. It was probably two weeks at most after her and Liam broke up. But of course she did it, because she thinks that sort of thing is the right thing to do, and tries to be the better person.

So what's happening now to Steffy is pretty much the same as what happened to Hope, except Hope had two weeks to recover and Steffy has had six months knowing she was about to be divorced.

Audie

05-08-2011

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
Kitt, Brooke may have had Rick when she was 10, lol. After all she was an early starter. Rick looks to be in his 30's so wouldn't that make Brooke in her 50's too. By the way, who's older, Rick or Bridget?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Rick is older, by a few years. I think Brooke has to be in her 50s, but they have to contract the years of the older ones, and expand the years of the younger ones.

I thought I heard rumours last year that Alexandria (Thorne's daughter with... Donna?? a D word, the one who Taylor killed) was suddenly going to be on the scene, and she'd be Hope's age, but that didn't happen. She'd be a Forrester so she could have her own fashion line too ;).

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have only been watching since I think 2007, but the funniest thing since while I have been watching was back when actress Heather Tom showed up as Katie. They showed flashback videos of all 3 Logan girls playing together when they were all tiny as if they were all within a couple years of each other. But in RL, Brooke is about 15 years older than Katie, so they could never have been tiny little girls together.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And in real life, that woman who played Brooke's mom is only 10 years older than Brooke.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Worse than those flashbacks though was when Donna(? I think) got married and the grown up versions of the three of them got all giggly like they were 12 and having a sleepover! So contrived!

Is this thing with Deacon a permanent release? Bill's lording it over him as if he can send him back to prison if he doesn't do what he says. Plus surely a new releasee can't leave the country for a set period of time?! That warden sure is powerful ;).

Audie

05-08-2011

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
Is Hope even going to recognize Deacon? How would she know it's really him? I don't like the idea of Brooke saying Deacon took advantage of her. Good heavens, Brooke was always dropping her panties for any man she thought she was destined to be with. Having an affair with Deacon was crossing a line and Brooke never seemed to take any responsibility for her actions.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Liam doesn't even recognise (what's not) his own fiancee's handwriting?!

Sigh.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
How long has this wedding day lasted so far? 2 weeks?

For the first time, I am too scared to look at the spoilers. Someone else do it for me...LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ok, I gave in. Here are some vague and general spoilers for next week.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Bill responds to certain accusations.

Liam and Hope marry with a secret looming.

Liam thinks about something that happened before he married Hope.

Bill feels guilty, and concedes that Hope deserves her place in Liam's life.

Deacon gets a bonus for his role in Bill's plan.

Brooke and Ridge continue to feel suspicious about Bill.

Taylor helps Steffy deal with her sadness.

Karen and Danielle's secret becomes known to Katie, but not Bill.

Bill and Katie learn what sex their child will be while attending an ultrasound appointment.

Thomas and Caroline get more serious.

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
Deacon had some bad moments. Remember when Massimo was in that wheelchair and Deacon was keeping Jackie doped up so she didn't know what was going on? Plus, he was pretty bad on Y&R. But the only thing I really remember regarding him and Hope/Brooke was when Brooke was going to marry Nick and she asked Deacon to sign over his parental rights so Nick could adopt Hope. Then Ridge screwed things up for Brooke and Nick. Hope would have been much better off with Nick for a father figure than wussy Ridge lolol.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did Massimo do something to Deacon that made him take revenge by wooing Jackie??? I can't remember but there was something else going on there I think...

Did Liam sleep with Steffy!? I was half expecting her to fall naked out of the closet when Hope left the room. The way they didn't explicitly show what happened makes me think they slept together and that'll be the ongoing story going forward, with lots of wistful flashbacks for Liam.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't think they slept together. But I guess they could have.

I don't know if we already mentioned this, but the actress who plays Katie won for Best Soap Actress at the daytime emmy's, and she is definitely pregnant in real life.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was the way they didn't show what happened that made me think something significant did!

That's good for Heather Tom that the wrote it into the show! No hiding behind giant bags!