TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 20, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 20, 2012 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sure that Ingram and Alicia had the 7/8 convo right before Finch shut down the machine for shipment to its new location, when Finch and Ingram had the convo about the contingency. That was in 2009.

ETA: Ingram died in 2010. That was the same time Finch had his accident (seen in the hosp with Reese in a wheelchair in 2011); and in the episode with Dr. Tillman, in 2012 she views Finch's x-ray and says spinal fusion 1-2 years ago. Also in 2012, his fiance says Finch died 2 years ago, so that would make his accident in 2010 also.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I should add, I wonder if that new location was the place in China where Reese was sent (2010)? Doesn't seem too bright to set it up in China...

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info on the gal with the black nail polish, Lexie_Girl and Karuuna. I also think she is the old partner/CIA agent and she didn't die in the explosion.

Nice that they were both told to kill each other. I don't know why people would want to work for the CIA....seems there is only one way out and it's not a good way, lol.

I was wondering about the 7 vs. 8 as well. Did the partner change the machine from what Finch had originally set it? Finch made it so no one could alter it; no back door, but it looked like the partner (is he Ingram?) changed something at the last minute.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Kaeuuna & all thanks for explaining, I have to go look back at some episodes ?
Would we say Reese got interested in Finch when he saw those many copies of magazines? He found the same at her house. Finch had a look in his eyes I've never seen before; while telling PoI the truth, Finch eyes narrowed and looked warm normally Finch has wide eyes. (love how he dresses)

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
holy moly is this tense!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
What a great season. So, now we know that root is not John's ex partner. Wasn't expecting that ending at all. Leaves a lot open for next year. Now Carter and that crooked cop can work together.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
it made my thursday night indeed...this and Scandal were the two best season ending cliffhangers of the year in my mind!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, another episode that kept me guessing. Love that about this series!

But I hate that they gave almost no back story or explanation of who Root is/was, and why she knew so much about the machine and why she wanted to abduct Finch.

Love how Carter and Fusco discovered they were both working for Reese/Finch. Hysterical!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hope they never change writers. I think they are the best on TV.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That's season 2 Karuuna! Who is root and why does she want Finch?! Remember, we have very little back story on John and Finch. We've learned more over time, but even after 1 season we still don't know how he got the limp. I hope we do find out in season 2.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, we did hear that Alicia thought the machine killed Ingram, but Finch said "people" that we thought we could trust - that's who killed Ingram and were chasing Alicia.

Since Root killed Alicia, she may be one of the ones who killed Ingram too?

Obviously, Finch had never met her before.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 4:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Even though the season ending left us with lots of questions about Root, I'm so happy that Carter and Fusco now know about each other, and Fusco can go back to being a good cop.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
oooohhhh... I just thought of something. Maybe Root is the "eighth" person to know about the machine and is it possible the machine didn't save one of her loved ones?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I thought it was made clear in the last epi, that Alicia did not know that Finch knew about the machine, since Ingram called him his "IT guy"? So I think he would have been the 8th?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think Finch is the 8th person.

As to who Root is. What do we know? That she hacked into FInch's computers. Was she hacking into the "system"? Is she working alone, some super hacker? Or is she working for someone else who suspects or knows about the machine?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
We really don't know much about Root at all...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Exactly, which could be a good way to keep season 2 fresh. I hope.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So my next issue is whether the machine is a "thing" and can think for itself. We've had clues all along that Finch is the machine ("Ghosts in the Machine, Reese speculating that Finch is, Reese noting that Finch got a new number even when Root had compromised his computer systems and they were all shut down).

The machine should have noted that Finch was in danger, but somehow Root managed to mask her plans or that she was taking him hostage; and thus not flag him as in danger?

So, instead, Reese turns to a camera (the same one from epi one?) and says Finch is in danger, you gotta help me get him back. And did the machine note something like "operations compromised, activating contingency?"

And then the payphone rings.

Didn't that also happen in another episdoe with Finch and Finch answers?

I wish I had a better memory!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, at one point Finch was on the payphone and it seemed John suspected he was getting the numbers from the phone. Can a machine think? I'm not of the opinion that they can. The logic inside of them has to be programmed by a human first. And maybe Finch isn't in danger? Or the phone call was going to be his number? He may have just come on the machine's radar as being in danger. That one lady that was shot was off the grid,so I don't think the machine would have detected anything from her. Maybe the machine thinks Finch is already dead??

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The machine clearly responded to and understood Reese. It did change a status box to indicate that it did understand what he said.

So, yeah, Finch was off the radar so that didn't alert the machine. But once Reese told it Finch was in danger, the machine acknowledged that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think I need a big HDTV because I really can't keep up with the tiny machine type that comes across. I do pay attention to the year that we are in, but that's about it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heh, Brenda, I have to get out of bed, go to the foot of my bed, rewind, and squint to see what it says. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL Karuuna, I thought I was the only one that had to do that.

I'm just so confused. I thought Finch was in that meeting with Ingram, Alicia and ???? way back earlier in the season when they had the flashback about selling the machine for $1.00. That's why I thought Root must have been the eighth person to know about the machine.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I couldn't recall for that meeting if Finch was in on the part about $1 or not. As I recall, he came in when they were meeting and then he left. After he left, he was looking at a computer (notebook?) monitor watching the meeting and then the machine identified the FBI agents as threats. And Finch says "I know, I know."

So Alicia may not have known that he knew about the machine.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is it possible that Alicia knew that Finch knew about the machine, but didn't know that Finch is the one that created it (until two episodes ago)?